Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink P&I Forum Challenge – August

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our forum challenge for AUGUST2019 in which we continue our encouragement to Draw from Life!

The aim is to capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

All suggestions/subjects/themes come from those who participate!:lol:

** As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for the following month …. another entry? – another suggestion!:)

By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!**

One important ruleEntries must be at least 75% pen and ink[/SIZE] in any colour – and wash or colour may be added.[/COLOR]

Your topics for this month are …..

crumpled up!

Trees

a bridge

a handful of pebbles.

Water

a boat or other water vehicle

a pair of boots

a fenceline

feathers

A flower

Your favourite pen

If Skip and Monarch can suggest another one each (for their works last month!!!;);)), I’ll add them too.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

rosta

This is bizarre, I only finished this drawing for my U3A art workshop yesterday and here it is in the subject list for August! :confused: …..

The U3A art group was tasked with drawing a hobby (apart from art :lol:) on a postcard, for a display at the monthly meeting. I enjoy walking so here are my Salomons….

Quick off the mark, eh?

Oh, and my subject for next month: something environmentally friendly. :thumbsup:

Ron

C & C always welcome

skipkeyser

Flowers are always nice…

Skip Keyser
            skipkeyserart.blogspot.com

skipkeyser

“Napa Eucalypti” on 6″x9″ (~15 x 23 cm) Strathmore Vision cold press 140# (300 gsm) water color paper with fountain pen and sepia ink:

For September’s challenge: a sunrise.

Skip Keyser

Ok Skip, I’ve added ‘a flower’ to the list for this month!!!;)

Your trees are lovely with a nice sense of sun and shadow.

Ron, how convenient for you!! Good drawing of those boots though, nice one!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

LENGERT

Great shoes Ron.
                    Love the line work in this one Skip.

sanlynn

LENGERT

Went out this evening, sat in the garden and drew these cosmos flowers. The challenge said “a flower” so I hope a group is okay.

sanlynn

Absolutely blooming gorgeous!!
                        I really like the line work creating both form and pattern

Cheers, Maureen

Potterspink

[ATTACH]867532[/ATTACH]Three really good drawings posted already this month, it’s great to see the different ways in which the subjects are interpreted. My effort is a barge on a nearby canal.
                            A5 sketch book, fountain pen with Noodlers. Next month – sandals
                            Potters

LENGERT

Thanks Maureen, it was fun to do.
                                Potters, good job on that barge. We watch and English show (Escape to the Country) and have seen these on the waterways.

sanlynn

Super drawing of the barge Potters!

Sanlynn… we need a suggestion for next month!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

LENGERT

I seem to forget that suggestion a lot :( How about a smaller outdoor structure, i.e. greenhouse, shed, chicken coop, pergola?

sanlynn

Anonymous

:clap: Bravo ! excellent drawings from all.
                                        Mike

skipkeyser

Blue Iris, 6×9″ (~15×23 cm) done on Canson Recycled 96# (260 gsm) Bristol with Pilot Precise V5 (Pilot Hi-Techpoint V5 for .eu & .uk types) extra fine point pens:

For September’s challenge: building(s)

Skip Keyser

skipkeyser

Sanlynn – VERY nice cosmos.

Skip Keyser

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.