WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time, May 2017

The black hole dress is finished as far as I am going to go until I can fit it.
Now I am working on the jacket. It is also black but more of a "wrinkled" taffeta rather then a mat black rayon. Much easier to work with.

The week has been hell. The dog is sick and will be boarded while I am in Whitehorse and have an operation. They broke into our garage and stole my bike and tools. And I am trying to understand the forms regarding the investments.
I should be working in the garden, getting it ready but there is just not enough "spoons" right now. I need to make food to freeze so my sister can eat for 2 weeks. And I sill have stuff that should be emptied from dads apartment.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2017, 04:46 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Jen, still haven't touched the camera much. I started to, then the battery died. I moved onto other things, I really need to get back to it. Let us know how the show goes. With a title like "summer of love" it sounds like the 60's.

Lena, glad the prom dress is going well. I am sorry to hear you've been robbed. I'm glad it was only the garage and not the whole house. The garden may have to be a wash this year. You've only got so many spoons. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way. Surgery is never a pleasant thing. Boarding the dog is probably the best solution. Take care of yourself. Sending you virtual hugs.

Had DH home, of course, for his off days. Today is full of cooking and laundry and grocery shopping. We ended up cleaning a closet we haven't touched in years. Not much less in it, but we have an inventory now. DH is a bit of a "prepper" He wants to have things in place in case everything goes south. So the closet was where we have our food storage. The stuff is still good, but I hadn't had the forethought to have a list of what was in there before. Now, there is a bit of work to be done since my diet has changed so much trying to clear up my digestive issues. Worst case, of course, I'd eat what we had, but DH doesn't want me getting sick if we find ourselves needing to eat what we stored. Now, I'm supposed to plan how to utilize what I can't eat into food for him and replace with foods I can eat. So, that's what I've been up to. Looking forward to doing some stuff that doesn't involve food.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Happy Victoria Day!

It is a long weekend here. The traditional First planting day of the season (if you dare and are prepared to deal with frost)

The jacket is almost done - just the collar and lapels to do. It was another interesting challenge as it has issues with heat. Tailoring without an iron! I top stitched most seams - sort of like working with leather. The side and back seams are not yet top stitched since I want to fit it there.

The blue knee socks are done. I started the swatch for the pink medieval socks but I need a smaller needle to get gauge.

The helmet is finally dry and I started with the runic embroidery. It looks good.