WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2016, 09:47 AM

Glass slumping questions

Very new here and have my very first kiln ordered. Original idea for a kiln was to glaze ceramic tiles after applying glaze over images which I engrave thru the factory glaze and in doing research I see so many additional possibilities with the kiln I ordered.

My question concerning slumping is whether I could add stain or oxides to the inside of bottles before firing them to add some interest to clear bottles?

I was unable to find anyone locally who would/could fire tiles for me and now as I explore I think I am glad.

All ideas and suggestions greatly appreciated. I see potential in fusing glass, however not knowing the coe of the various bottles decided should look at adding oxides, etc to the bottle interior.

Last edited by Jimsplace : 01-01-2016 at 09:50 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2016, 02:47 AM
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Re: Glass slumping questions

HI, I haven't visited wetcanvas in awhile until now, and saw your post from January. Did you have any luck with oxides or stain added to your bottles before slumping? it sounds like a good idea. I too am new to kiln work and have been slumping and fusing bottles, good for experimenting without wasting expensive glass tho colour choice is limited!