Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel, April 2016!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE April 2016…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!

for a more complete critique post in the main forum…:wave:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Ellis Ammons

I’m a new artist. Just started creating works of art last Christmas. This will be my 2nd painting. I was going for a more abstract look at 1st but I didn’t like it so I whipped it out and decided to go more towards realism. I’m working on the girls neck right now.

The hairs not done it’s just stain on the canvas. I could use a few tips on the hair. It’s got a bunch of curls in it from around the chin down. It’s very black in the shadow areas and I don’t want it to just be flat.

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
            oil and acrylic paintings..

Ellis Ammons

the boys hair is looking decent from a distance. Kind of meh up close. Nature of the beast I guess.

MarkMark
                    Ellis Ammons

learning a lot. double portrait is sorta a BRAIN BUSTER.

Was a hair off with the boys nose. Hopefully it doesn’t dry by tomorrow.

DeltaQueen2

@Ellis Ammons, I really like the lighting of the woman’s face. As far as curly hair, I’ve heard look at the overall structure and shape and not get over-focused on individual curls. Great looking portrait. (I’m also working on a double portrait, which I’ll post here.)

DeltaQueen2

I’ve been working on this for a while. It is finally getting to a place I like.

MarkMark

Nice going Delta and Ellis

Started with a rough landscape, mountain with lakes.
                                    oilpaint on canvas, 60 x 80 cm.

Painting is my passion.
                                    My website:

Nearly done! I haven’t painted much since (oh dear god) the late 1990s. Yeah, like a century ago. I started again last fall. Mostly I have been doing small format on canvas paper. And I have not been spending a lot of time with choosing subject matter- mostly just straight up “I like this photo, and I want to work on this skill” stuff. In this case, I wanted to work with backlit storm clouds and practice scumbling with flake white. It was a grisaille underpainting with my pet medium of stand oil, damar varnish and turps glazed over. Some pics I posted shows a signature- I wiped it off tho, needs more fiddling haha.

This is an imgur gallery of the whole process: https://imgur.com/gallery/UVLlo

ianuk

Jan van Kleeff – Nice scene, excellent realism.

ApocalypseMeow – Love that medium for that type of work, it really makes it glow.
                                        I looked at your process, (is that really your username there, funny) :)

Ianuk- yes, it is :p. i do at least remember it easily! Thank you :) that is exactly what I was going for. I do like a good glowy light.

DeltaQueen2

@Jan – The mountain scene is amazing. I’m in awe.

Last night, a friend and fellow artist came over and gave me a critique of my painting-in-progress. I decided to fix the proportion on the woman’s face to be more realistic. In the process, it looks like a step backwards, but hopefully is heading in the right direction.

Cassandra_Fay

I’ve always got several pieces going at once but currently this one… thought I was done and signed it then realized I forgot the kickstand! :wink2: 40×40 inches, oil on canvas.

Judy Manuche

Hi Everyone, My roses finally bloomed, I couldn’t help myself. This is mostly a knife painting. Thanks for looking!

"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape...";)
                                                    https://www.facebook.com/JudyManucheArt
                                                    www.JudyManuche.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.