WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Lord of the Arts
Littleton, CO

Hails from United States
Toni, It's the "Galleries" button....I had trouble too last night when Lahree first posted that she saw the winners. I was expecting a huge notice like "Winners Here" or something.

I think I am going to have to get the CD of the entries. But I'm sure there is nothing like seeing all these in person. What a tough job judging must be. I was thrilled to see Connie Nobbe and her Soul Melodie won an award.

Welcome Corky....looking forward to your postings. It's always so fun to meet someone in person that you have known online...I hope to get to the convention next year also.

Cindy's Blog
Life beats down and crushes the soul, but art reminds you that you have one. Stella Adler
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 10:54 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
San Tan Valley, Arizona

Hails from United States
Thanks Cindy found it! Didn't see that second gallery under the 2003 list.

Some intersting stuff there, no I wouldn't want to be a judge either.

TJ
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from Australia
Hi Corky and welcome aboard...there never was a doubt in my mind that Arlene would be the same in real life as she is here..lucky you for being able to spend time with her. The entries are wonderful not sure so far what my favourite is i have only had a qucik glance.
Moo
  #109   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 01:26 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
awwwww thanks Corky...(um I think...LOL) I'm blushing.

Damn I haven't been called cute in years! Funny thing?

when I was in my 20's i hated being "cute"...I wanted to be elegant, beautiful, etc...not cute!

Now that I'm a bit older...ok alot older, I LOVE being called cute!!! You just made my day!

oh and please was your friend's name Ann or Amy (or have I completely lost it?) I can remember faces, but never names...
  #110   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 10:36 PM

Hails from United States
Arlene,

Her name is Amy and I"ll send this along to her so we can get her started here too. She's a great friend and we're having alot of fun with CP. I know WC will only add to the fun and the learning.
BTW, with such a Global group..... is there anything special I should look for in France that isn't available here? I think I live by.."the person who dies with the most art supplies wins" so let me know if I can get a jump on the quest.
As soon as I get packed and all the last minute stuff rounded up, I'll do an upload.
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone, as I said before, you're an amazingly talented group, and I feel so fortunate to have found you all.
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Murray, KY

Hails from United States
Congratulations on your merit badge Lis/MCBites.

Welcome Corky. Glad to have you here.....

Glad to see you back Susi. Hope your PT goes well and you are back to enjoying your drawing soon.

I can't believe that is only his second CP piece. He did a wonderful job. I really have to say that, in my opinion, I think that all of your entries were better than a lot of the ones that won awards. Oh, well, ON TO NEXT YEAR!!!!

"I do not want to go until I have faithfully made the most of my talent and cultivated the seed that was placed in me".. Kathe Kollwitz
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
Beneath the stars

Hails from United States
WELCOME TO WC CORKY!!! Yes Yes Yes please do post your artwork!!! Its always fun to see other people's paintings! Welcome again!

Aqua Artist~ I really hope that your shoulder and arm get better soon!!!! Hang in there!!

I saw the CPSA winners and am really impressed by some of them! I really like "Soul Melodie" and "Homage to Hopper". Some of the others I just dont get. I would have HATED to be the judge! Talk about hard decisions!! And if I WERE a judge, I think I would be getting kinda tired of judging paper bags every year! The one that Joe Bascom won for is very very good though!

Hope you guys have a great Weekend!!!

"God is the Lord of angels, and of men-- and of elves." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

If figure skating were any easier...it would be HOCKEY!

All my artwork is copyright protected and may not be copied, printed, or reproduced in any way without my written permission 2003
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2003, 11:56 PM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States
Quote:
Originally posted by jjsangel
I can't believe that is only his second CP piece. He did a wonderful job. I really have to say that, in my opinion, I think that all of your entries were better than a lot of the ones that won awards. Oh, well, ON TO NEXT YEAR!!!!

he's been a professional artist for quite a few years.

thanks for your opinion on the awards...the real prize was getting in...and the funny thing? I didn't realize how true that was until i saw all 130 pieces juried into the show and all 800 pieces entered. some of the work not accepted was truly remarkable...

and I wonder how in the case of jeffrey for example how he was able to decide between her two pieces.
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Murray, KY

Hails from United States
I agree about that. Both of Jeffreys pieces were remarkable.

It would be very exciting and wonderful just to get a piece accepted for consideration whether you win or not. To me that would be just as important as winning. But I do just imagine it would be great to win though. And I don't see how a brown paper bag won out over any of you're all's pictures. There is really no comparison at all.

"I do not want to go until I have faithfully made the most of my talent and cultivated the seed that was placed in me".. Kathe Kollwitz
  #115   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 09:25 AM
A Local Legend
Back in The Land of Poopy Diapers

Hails from United States
Just a little perspective....

How many people can take something as ordinary as one paper bag and turn it into a thing of beauty 113 times with each being unique in form and composition?

I'm not saying that you have to like it, but there's a reason why he was the first 10 year Merit member in the CPSA. The composition, lighting, and shadowing are technical perfection. Beyond that, it's easy to make the perfect and beautiful look beautiful. It takes true talent to convey that beauty in the ordinary. Think of Monet's haystacks.

By the way, did you all notice exactly how HUGE the winning piece was? Sheesh.