Re: Best medium for use in hospital?
2. brush pen
3. colored pencils (faber castell polychromos is best)
Personally I've been searching for a medium I could use to make art in bed. I wanted something with pretty much no mess or cleanup. Something easy to use. Something that would produce good looking results. I looked at google images and looked at the artworks that people made with various mediums. That's how I judged the mediums. I found the best looking artworks were done in colored pencil. I think colored pencils are pretty much an ideal medium, with lots of pros and no cons or virtually no cons.
I'm looking forward to buying a full set of 120 polychromos pencils in the near future.
I like that:
1. they're no mess
2. you can get great detail & realism with them.
3. easy to use in bed
4. You only need the pencils, sharpener, & paper. Simple & inexpensive.
5. It's easier to get good looking results with colored pencils than many other mediums.
6. They're one of the least expensive mediums
7. they require no messy liquids
8. they stick well to paper, unlike soft pastels and pastel pencils.
9. it's easy to make both fine details as well as color large areas
One of my earliest art mediums was colored pencils. I bought a set of cheap half-length non-artist grade ones from a drug store. They were OK. Later when I got serious about art I dismissed them. But now I realize that colored pencils are really good and plan to go back to them, but not exclusively.
I've been trying oil pastels but it's hard to make good paintings with those.
Last edited by SeaScapePtr : 01-13-2017 at 05:42 AM.