Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hibiscus17

This acrylic and pencil experiment on canvas piece is a foray into larger pieces (I normally Miniatures as a hobby but seriously want to expand on to larger sizes).

This piece is inspired from a late 40s/early 50s photo I found online. Focus is meant to be on the people in the scene, especially the woman striding across the street in front of oncoming traffic. It is meant to contrast with the gent standing on the right waiting his chance to cross(?). Found that quite interesting given the current social climate. I’ve pencilled in the background – traffic and street life and added broad paint strokes of pastel colour to accent their place.

But I am currently at an impasse at the moment because I don’t how to tackle the border. Original canvas is 600mm x 300mm but the cropped image shown here which will represent the final form shows 380mm x 180mm. That leaves a large space to fill. And any critiques on the piece itself will be gratefully received and contemplated. Cheers.

Lawrence

hibiscus17

Figured out what to do next. Thanks.

Lawrence

tidal

Can’t fault it It’s fantastic and very inspiring as it is so unique how you have used the paint and pencil

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.