Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Another Homemade Sketchbook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am really good at starting sketchbooks but not good at filling them up. :lol:

I made this sketchbook out of some pages from a cheap sketchbook I got over 10 years ago. The paper isn’t good quality, but it’s okay to sketch on. I realized I haven’t drawn with graphite in a long time, so I wanted to play around with it. I’m aiming to make each page somewhere between a sketch and a finished drawing. I don’t want to spend too much time on them or get too preoccupied by little details, but I still want to get the idea across. Each drawing is 5″x7″ and my plan is to make each drawing interesting to look at.

Here’s what I have finished so far:

Wow, I thought I was seeing double till scrolling on down gave more info. Each one is so different yet delightful in its own way.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

otherworlder

Wow, what cool sketches! I really like the second one, it totally reminds me of a cover art/poster for a horror film/novel or something along that line. :lol:

eyepaint

Cool work! The second and third remind me of movie posters for scary movies. How did you manage the first one without your eyes going buggy while you worked?

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

The first one was hurting my eyes, but these are interesting.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

The first one was hurting my eyes, but these are interesting.

Exactly like you! But interesting proposition.

I like the variety. And yes, I agree, seccond and third ones are very horror movie :lol:

Maria - Made in Portugal
                "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

Triduana

Good series of portraits, I like how you’ve done something a little different with each. I couldn’t look at the first one for too long though! Really like the second one.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Munin Raven

That first one absolutely screwed with my eyes, but they are all nicely done. Would like to see more.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                      Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.