WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2017, 11:19 AM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ May

Jo - my wife and I love migas - we also love omelets with a filling of orange marmalade and chorizo - hmmmmmmm good!!! We first got the omelets and the new airport cafe in Sedona and went back for more every morning for 7 days!!!!!!
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-14-2017, 08:41 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Richard, chorizo and orange marmalade is a very weird combo. We rarely have any around, may have to try it in Sedona. Ha.

A very happy Mother's Day to the moms and to all that have something to do with mothers. We plan on a great day with the kiddos (all adults, now)
Winston Churchill
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! I hope you get to enjoy the day with family, friends, flowers, chocolates, presents, rest, relaxation, painting, and whatever you love to do most!

It has been a week of company and commotion. We've had to tear out our furnace from the basement, which was 60+ years old, so it was a behemoth. Then we had a furnace guy here installing the new, trim one. Now this weekend, we've had my brother's family here for turkey hunting. It's been busy!

Hi Sharon. Thanks. I'm looking forward to the show. It sounds like you've got a lot of creative projects on your plate, too. I hope we get to see an update on your horse!

Hi Donald. I'm going to have to try Ethiopian coffee - it sounds great! Thanks for making the French toast - that's one of my favorites! I'll bet your chickens are enjoying their larger roaming area!

Hi ntl. I'm so glad you enjoy doing plein air! I really admire those who can do it so well. It must be great to work out in the fresh air and sunshine. Yesterday, I was making a new wire sculpture of a pig while outside in the warm sunshine. Does that count as plein air?

Hi Jo. Thank you. It's going quite well so far. It sounds like you've got a nice Mother's Day planned, and no cooking for you! Enjoy the relaxation of having yummy food brought to you. I love restaurants as I cook all the time...a break is nice...especially getting out of washing dishes!

Hi Richard. Hope all is well with you. Is Big Al still hanging around?

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-14-2017, 03:19 PM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States

Yes Big Al is still here - seems to have grown to about 8 feet now!!! Due to our drought the pond he occupies in our back yard has dropped about 4 feet so with it only being about 8 ft deep he does not have much cover from the sun!!!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Richard, that Big Al is not an ideal pet in my books.

Yikes, Jenna. Not a good thing. Hopefully the furnace will be more efficient in these more modern times. We have a new ac and it has a dehumidifier built in. So much better.

I volunteered to do a pastel demo on June 3 at the new art center, so will be painting! I will try to photo the step by step landscape for y'all. I'll do a New Mexico scene....

Otherwise nothing new. I did make a banana bread today and didn't have any pecans or walnuts to put in it so I put in some peanuts and peanut butter. Tastes like peanut butter cookies so am sharing some with you and our coffee!
Winston Churchill
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

I must be getting old. I can't find the link on WC to the reference library. It used to be along the top, but I'm not seeing it.
TIA,
Donald

I had to run a search for it, but I found it. Still don't find link at top.

Last edited by Donald_Smith : 05-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Immortalized
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Howdy to everyone. Trying to catch up reading on whats been going on with everyone. Finally stopped snowing.....again.....we probably have anywhere from 12-16 inches of snow right now. I dont think this winter will ever end! Interstate 80 across Wyoming has been closed for a full day or longer, along with many smaller roads around the area

Donald- from last month....I was going to tell you that I am a rifle and pistol coach for our local county 4-H shooting club. My daughter, Ashley, has gained our club some national recognition for sure. She is on Wetcanvas once in a great while...her username is BullseyeArtist...!!! We have around 160 kids shooting in our county (not all in rifle, some do shotgun, archery etc)

We are having graduation party next weekend for Ashley. Then she is off to Air Force basic training on June 20th. She is already making plans and connections to shoot competitively for the Wyoming Guard shooting team.

Work is busier than has been in years......good thing....but difficult to get any art done......

Here are some photos of our backyard today.....

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States

We have beach sand the exact same color!!!!!!! :>)
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Immortalized
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Very funny Richard....bring your beach chairs and come on over

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

I don't want to see that much snow in this lifetime again. I've had my fill of wading through it and shoveling it...nope, I'm done with that! Congratulations and best wishes for your daughter.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2017, 09:10 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugman
Howdy to everyone.
We are having graduation party next weekend for Ashley. Then she is off to Air Force basic training on June 20th. She is already making plans and connections to shoot competitively for the Wyoming Guard shooting team.

Ron, you can keep your snow!! It is 70 this morning and I'm looking for long sleeves.

Congratulations to Ashley! Can't believe she is graduating. Such a lovely and talented daughter. Tough, too. Give her our best.....

Today is the last home game in baseball here, so don't know how I'll fill all those hours. Yeh, I will be a blob instead of painting. We shall see.

We have never spent a whole summer here and plan to stay most of it. Couple of trips planned. Kentucky to see the grands and great grands. Then maybe to NM and Arizona for a week or so. Maybe to Colorado close to Ron, so may see him and family again. Otherwise just trying to stay cool here.

Mmmm, the coffee is good today...
Winston Churchill
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2017, 08:52 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well. Well, we got a healthy dose of way-too-much-rain recently, and I am wishing we could have just sent it to somewhere that needs it! Otherwise, things are good here. Been working on sculptures (may finally do a photo-shoot tomorrow), and am trying to get a new drawing under way.

Hi Richard. Woo, eight feet! He's no small fry, is he?

Hi Jo. Thanks. We haven't gotten our gas tank set up yet (yard is too muddy), but I look forward to trying out the new furnace! Congratulations on your pastel demo! How exciting! I hope you have a great time and I'm sure your students will thoroughly enjoy your class! I also look forward to seeing your painting step-by-step! Yum, thanks for the yummy bread!

Hi Donald. Here's a link to the Reference Image Library for you. http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/ If you click on the tab along the top of the WetCanvas page that says "Content Areas", a dropdown menu will appear, and you can find it there, too. As a side-note, the "Content Areas" tab will only offer a dropdown menu if I'm on the WetCanvas home page (rather than within a channel/thread page) for some reason. I do not know if that's just my computer acting goofy, or if it's that way for everyone... Anyway, I hope this helps!

Hi Ron. Ashley has a great deal of exciting things happening! You must be so proud of her! ...Uffda! Your snow! I can't complain much about rain...that looks like utter misery in mid-late May! Hang in there. That must be depressing!

Hi ntl. I agree with you! I'm not a fan of snow. Too bad I live in Wisconsin!

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2017, 09:07 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Hi all y'all! Same old, same old here.

I went with the sketching group to the Lost Pines Resort, fancy Hyatt between here and Austin. Sketched some architecture. They have lots of history in their decorating. They had two covered wagons. Not sure if they are "real", like life size. Seem a bit small. I think they pull them with longhorns. There were some folks riding on longhorns and of course my camera was out of sight. I didn't take any photos. So an almost western sketch for you.... About 15 minutes on the wagon and landscape....

Jenna, we have had beautiful spring and start of summer. Usually it is ac everyday, but not so this year. We have had the house open most nights and mornings.

We are going to Durango, Colo, leaving on the 8th of June and thinking of heading north. See how it goes....
Winston Churchill
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2017, 12:19 PM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States

Nice sketches Jo!
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2017, 11:27 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Jo these sketches are so wonderful. With a few strokes of your pen, you portray such texture and life. I especially like the second sketch with the trees because you even thought of aerial perspective by keeping the distant trees simpler in design. Great work!