WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 PM
GoldenArt's Avatar
GoldenArt GoldenArt is offline
Immortalized
Lakeland, Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,679
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Very sorry to hear the news Pam.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Crias's Avatar
Crias Crias is offline
A Local Legend
Colorado
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,920
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Pam - I am SO sorry to hear your news You and Boomer are in my thoughts!

Gail I am not quite sure what would be causing problems only in areas where you scratched deeper? Never heard of that! I have not used any brush on varnish so I can't give any recomendations.
__________________
Cathy Sheeter


Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
Reply With Quote
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Harry Seymour's Avatar
Harry Seymour Harry Seymour is offline
A Local Legend
Martha's Vineyard, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,031
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Pam--so sorry to hear about your little guy. Dogs have a special place in our hearts.
__________________
"Your eyes bring joy beyond my own"
Reply With Quote
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM
lorna12's Avatar
lorna12 lorna12 is offline
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,263
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Big (((((hugs))))) your way Pam...hard news to hear.

Gail...try the varnish on a scrap board. I don't think I've had that problem either...does it show up on a scan or photo?

I am so sick I shouldn't be here...I don't want to share so don't breathe too deep when you read this. talk more soon....I hope.
__________________

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Reply With Quote
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM
PaintDog's Avatar
PaintDog PaintDog is offline
WC! Guide
Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,655
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

So sorry about Boomer, Pam. Sending my sympathy and cyber-hugs. Our animals are such an important part of our lives - it's so difficult to see them ailing.

Sorry you're sick, Lorna, hope you're feeling better soon!
__________________
Ann

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
pamelalbd's Avatar
pamelalbd pamelalbd is offline
Immortalized
North/Central Saskatchewan
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,132
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Oh my heart felt thanks to all my WC family for your hugs and soothing words. It sure helps to know that there are others out there who just know...

I have been cooking up cancer fighting health food for boomer and getting set up to fight this as best we can for as long as we can. Thanks again Hugs back!
__________________
Pamela Duncombe
http://www.picturetrail.com/pamelalbd
Reply With Quote
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 AM
artbygail artbygail is offline
Senior Member
Island off west coast of Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 283
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Cathy and Lorna.
Thank you for answering about the varnish. I guess if no one else has this problem, then I alone .... am really weird. It does not show up when scanned. I will take your advice Lorna and pick up some liquid varnish today, scratch the heck out of a dud board and then see what the varnish does.
Probably use one of the small sponge brushes for even strokes. Thanks again, Gail
__________________
Hear Ye not...the hum of Mightly workings? - John Keats
Reply With Quote
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM
artbygail artbygail is offline
Senior Member
Island off west coast of Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 283
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Lorna,
Hope you are better soon, awful being sick.
Gail
__________________
Hear Ye not...the hum of Mightly workings? - John Keats

Last edited by artbygail : 04-23-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:49 PM
NancyPH's Avatar
NancyPH NancyPH is offline
Lord of the Arts
Midway, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,202
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Oh, so sorry to hear about boomer Pam. ((hugs)) Our animals are just like our own children. When they hurt we hurt. Hugs, love, and prayers going out to you!

Lorna - Get well soon! We need you here... at least I do.

Finally finished my first scratch board and so happy to be done with it. Like Irfan, I reach a point when I'm bored with a piece and ready to move on. So, now onto my second piece!
__________________
Nancy

Reflections From Life Fine Art
Reply With Quote
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
lorna12's Avatar
lorna12 lorna12 is offline
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,263
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Thanks for the well wishes folks...I am finally starting to feel human again, though I now have a heck of cold to get rid of. I might even be able to get some scratching done this weekend now that I can see straight again.
__________________

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Reply With Quote
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
NancyPH's Avatar
NancyPH NancyPH is offline
Lord of the Arts
Midway, TX
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,202
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Glad to hear your feeling better Lorna! Sending hugs your way!
__________________
Nancy

Reflections From Life Fine Art
Reply With Quote
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Crias's Avatar
Crias Crias is offline
A Local Legend
Colorado
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,920
 
Hails from United States
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

I just got back from the opening of the Colorado Governor's Art Show and Sale and am pretty much on cloud nine Walking The Line - SOLD! The Brotherhood - SOLD! and Patience Is A Virtue- SOLD!! My fourth piece was The Challenger and I have several possible buyers on it too, though not officially sold, I would say at least 70% chance that it will sell too before the show ends! The show takes a 30% commission, but still an awesome night!! People were definitely interested in the work, the process and everything about it. I would speculate I was one of the top sellers tonight, so I think it is likely I will get invited again next year! Whew...I better get busy creating some new boards!!
__________________
Cathy Sheeter


Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
Reply With Quote
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2011, 01:19 AM
artofnature's Avatar
artofnature artofnature is offline
Lord of the Arts
australia
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,255
 
Hails from Australia
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Whoo Hoo! Cathy! Awesome news. Go pop that bubbly girl. You've earned it. You are an inspiration to all of us scratchers knowing that there is a summit for us to reach and the rewards can be very gratifying.
Reply With Quote
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2011, 01:34 AM
MuttHut's Avatar
MuttHut MuttHut is offline
Enthusiast
British Columbia, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,471
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

OH Pamela, so sorry to hear about Boomer, hugs and well wishes for you and him.
Lorna, colds are a drag, and hope you are feeling better soon.
Congrats Cathy, woo hoo, sell out for sure, fingers crossed for you.

Wendy
__________________
Wendy

www.scratchinimagesstudio.weebly.com
Reply With Quote
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2011, 02:19 AM
lorna12's Avatar
lorna12 lorna12 is offline
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,263
 
Hails from Canada
Re: Scratchy Corner 18th - 24th April 2011

Cathy....That, my dear girl, is freakin' awesome!!! Congratulations!! I'm so proud of you!
__________________

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.


© 2014 F+W All rights reserved.