WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #170 Mar 21-Mar 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarales
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting, and how perfectly beautiful Lily is!

Ain't that the truth! Congratulations to Ai, Tone and Iris on the new love in their life.
Winston Churchill
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Hoooray!! Congrats, Ai!!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast
Georgia

Hails from United Nations

Hi everyone,

Sketches this week:

# 1 : Toe # 2 : Small eggplant/brinjal : Something purple
# 3 : Sewing supplies # 4 Stacked books # 5 Something that makes you feel better : Walking
# 6 : Recent purchase : Water filter
# 7 : Something inside a box : Cheap WC tubes
# 8 : Toilet paper # 9 Dust brush
Attached Images

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Kivrin, great sketches. I like your stool, it's got great dimensions to it. Gorgeous rendering of the toilet paper and the Watercolorist's Essential Notebook.

Ai, congratulations! Good sketch of Tone waiting for the new one, good drawing of the sperm shaped multipurpose wrappers (is there a theme here?) and glorious, absolutely perfect painting of Lily. That is so powerful. Thank you for snapping a photo of her to compare. I have never seen a portrait of a baby done that well, it amazes me. The color and luminous intensity of her face is wonderful, it's perfect. Finite perfection. I can feel your happiness pouring out of the image and I know Tone's nervous look must have turned into that same joy!

Thanks for welcoming me back too!

Hydie, all your colorful sketches are so cool.

Here I go with three more, all with Lavender Derwent Tinted Charcoal on white ProArt spiral bound sketchbook paper. Sizes are approx. 3" to 4" across.

I might actually try for doing all of them this time. I don't think I've ever done all of any given Scavenger Hunt but despite some difficulties with a couple of them, I think I can manage it this time. Despite makeup and sewing supplies. You don't want to see everything on my desk, I promise you that. Besides, you wouldn't actually see the desk and I wouldn't have it done till sometime next year. lol

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Last edited by robertsloan2 : 03-26-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: add images
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Got in another one with oil pastels. Pentel OP on same white ProArt spiral bound sketchbook paper. About 7" or 7 1/2" wide.

I could not find a needle, a thread, or a mending kit even though I used to keep one around in case my pants ripped. Must have been misplaced in the move. But I ran across scissors and remembered, duh, you can't sew anything without cutting it out first. So one of the two "tough ones" is down, on to some fun ones. This one turned out to be fun once I found it.

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Thanks Sarales, Jo, EP, Robert for the congratulations message.

HyD: Wonderful vibrant sketches, especially the paint tubes, and the purple eggplant.

Robert: Very nice OP scissors, and good spread out nail tools.

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Lord of the Arts
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Ai congratulations on baby Lily. She looks so lovely.

Hydgirl great sketches, I wish I had a water filter, used to have one. Toilet rolls and stacked books are great too.

Robert great to see you getting right into the list. Love that lavender tinted charcoal. Nail clippers and key ring/chain are awesome. Nice pair of scissors.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Enthusiast

Great sketches everyone!
Ai, congratulations! Lily is beautiful!
Scavenger hunt has given me some much needed sketching practice!!
Goby
Attached Images

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 04:08 AM
WC! Guide

Wow can't believe how far behind I got.

Azul - leaning tower of stacked. Some items are harder to stack than others. Great job on the hatching. Love your hatching work. Just a peak into that drawer. That's what I would have to do. I have no drawers that are partially empty. All filled to the top. Nice sewing supply. Love the purple pen. Great job getting all the stuff on the desk. How do you keep them from sliding off? Nice well-used candle

Mindy - Welcome. Always nice to get new people to join us. Great job on the foot and so sweet baby. Your hand puts my tries to shame.

Judi - You get such a soft look to your graphite. Feels like I could use that needle and thread.

Goby - Welcome. Nice job on your first ones. Nice fluffy feather. Nice job on the frame. Very nice woolly look to that beautiful bear. Nice on the flowers and others.

Joan - Another really nice chain. I like your art supplies and candle

Mickey - I notice you put the nickname with your name. Don't blame you about the magnet. There to remind you every day. Good job on the tp wrapper.

Robert - good eraser. I remember Al in the Drawing and Sketching forum saying his dog swipes his and chews them clean. Nice looking dab of purple (my favorite color) Good stacked items. Nice to have the added color. Great scissors. I can't do that with oil pastels. Mine look like a child's crayon work.

Hydie - nice job. Is that a Brita water filter? That's what we use. Nice find on the "feel good".

Hi Leslie and Jo.

Jacqui - So glad you were able to sketch. Wonderful job with your left hand. Much better than I can do with mine.

Kivrin - good job on the triangle find. Nice tp and real nice job with the Pitts on the book.

And Ai - Lily is just perfect. I love her already. And you did a really good job on her portrait as well as Tone's. I am so happy for you. You don't have to sketch. Just keep posting photos of Lily. That will make us all happy. Can't get enough baby.

Well I hope that has caught me up.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:22 AM
A Local Legend
New Jersey

Hails from United States

I've gotten way behind also.

Mindy, beautiful sketch of your hand with fingers spread out.

Robert - lots of great sketches with charcoal pencil. Liked art supplies in first post, stack in oyster shell, scissors and nail clipper. Very well done!

Robin - Nice melted candle, and enjoyed your cluttered desk. Although your desk isn't nearly as cluttered as mine. :-)

Jacquip - nice sketches of playdough, blocks, feather and drum. Left handed on the drum - I'm impressed.

Kivrin - nice sketches too. I like that art stool, and the Watercolor Essentials book is one of my favorites.

Hydie - wow, you got a lot done. Nice job on all of them.

And last, but not least -

Big congratulations to Ai! I can't believe that you sketched while in labor at the hospital. What dedication!!! Baby Lily is so beautiful!!! What a sweet little face. And your sketch of her is so beautiful it almost made me cry. I wish I could pick her up and hug her. Congratulations again to you and your family!

Michelle (Mickey)
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast
Texas

Hails from United States

Congrats Ai. Beautiful baby Lily. Lovely drawing of her. Impressive that you did a sketch of Tone while you were waiting
Hydie- Nice drawings. Like the brush, toilet paper and shoes. Box with tubes of paint is really nice
Roberts- Thanks. Really nice drawings
Goby- Well done. I especially like your cute fluffy bear
Jeanne- Thanks
Mickey- Thanks
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 10:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

I was awol with Michelle yesterday. We had to pick up paintings from the wc show we were in this past month. Then we went back to her house and watched some art DVDs. I didn't get to check in here, or else I would have seen the post with the exciting news.

Ai- Congratulations to you, Tone, and Iris on Lily's arrival! That is so wonderful!!! She is just gorgeous and your painting of her is precious!! Wish I was there to give all of you a big hug! Funny that you were looking around the delivery room thinking of scavenger hunt items. Did it help take your mind off the pains? lol Good sketch of Tone too! That is definitely one odd shaped item!!!

Mickey - I'm glad I didn't peek at your sketches on the table yesterday. Great job on the heating pad...I had thought of that too. Fun magnet, even though a dentist's visit isn't something to look foward too. Impressive job on all the folds in the wrapper of the toilet paper! Hope the amaryllis doesn't bloom while we're away. Maybe you should have waited to plant it.

Mindy - Thank you. Great sketch of your hand!!! I'm impressed with all the lines and creases you included. Very nice shading!

Robin - Thanks for the title of Queen...does that mean I have to act the royal part now? I have a collection of small travel size paint sets. I have an altoid one too and it is rusty...especially the cover. Excellent sketch of your organized art desk! Looks like you got a lot of comfort from that candle.

Robert - Welcome back...you really are rolling on these. Love the super shading and tones on your kneaded eraser. I lke the stretched out look to it. Good thinking to do the paint color in the well. Your W&N kit still has the top. I lost mine at the beach one day and now I have to keep it closed with a rubber band. Good job on the round, square, and triangle. I like the sketch of the stacked items...nice contrast of the textured oyster shell and the smooth marble. Nice solid scissors!

Jacqui - I admire your sketching even with the pain and dedication to do the left handed sketch. Yeah...playdough! Michelle and I were discussing what to do for mushy and we thought of playdough, but neither of us has any. Good job on the stacked blocks. Love the feather...especially the stray pieces on the bottom. Good left handed sketch of the drum.

Kivrin - Good thinking of the stool for a triangle. Nice view of the toilet paper. I love that wc book!!

Hydie - Your eggplant looks like a grape next to that BIG toe. Nice shading and lines on both. Good sewing supply. I like your idea of walking to make you feel better...I agree! Good job on the water filter and pitcher.

Goby - Love the orchid sketch...nice strength to those leaves. Good ceramic piece. Wondeful fluffiness to the bear!
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Jeanne - Thanks. I agree about more photos of Lily...we could do marathon sketches of her.

14 - what I ate for breakfast (oatmeal with pineapple chunks) ink
15 - purple - watercolor and ink
16 - ceramic - watercolor and ink
Attached Images

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Goby, excellent pencil drawings! The orchid is my favorite but they're all so well shaded, rounded, accurate that it makes me smile.

Joan T, I knew you'd do something fantastic with yours. Love them all, but the watercolor tube is just perfect. I love paintings of art supplies. Something about that just gets to me, it's so cool. Guess we both had the same idea about Purple. I couldn't find one thing that was predominantly purple except art supplies -- a stripe on my SpectraFix bottle, the color dot on the top of a Pitt pen, but doing it in the well was because I'd already put away all the tubes. Now I'm glad I did.

Everybody, thank you so much for your comments! You inspired me so much I did another OP when I got up.

Still going, this is across the top of another 8 1/2" wide sketchbook page. I don't know if I'll get to them all or not, but I'm still going. Sennelier oil pastels from the little 15 color cube set, which is cool looking as blazes but possibly the most inconvenient pastels box ever invented if you don't have much table space.

#60   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
A Local Legend
New Jersey

Hails from United States

Joan - oatmeal with pineapple??? I thought you put blueberries in yours. :-) Nice job on the Winsor violet tube, and the limoncello cup.

Robert - you do good work with those pastels. I think that's the first TP in pastels that I've ever seen. :-)

Here are two more from me:

7. Something special to me - a clay turtle made by my grandson David when he was in kindergarten. (He's almost 17 now) I know I missed many of the nuances and special marks made by the young artist in my quick sketch. See photo below.
8. A recent purchase - a collage video

Photo of David's turtle