WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Burnsville, MN

Hails from United States
Re: Monthly CP Challenge - August 2009

Rosemary- I see what your saying now. I will bring it down a bit with some blue. Thanks!
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
A Local Legend
Milan, Illlinois

Hails from United States

Jeff, wasn't that panoramic view of your sunset awesome? I'm sure your grapes will turn out in the end, no matter how you get there!

Char

CRY Colored Pencil Art
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Burnsville, MN

Hails from United States

It was awesome! I like how they cropped it for the view. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Home is now Kansas City MO

Hails from United States

Hi All! Congrats Jeff on making the newsletter! Great work. Am interested in seeing how you finish the grapes. Mine have had a bit of "trouble" I guess I wasn't in the mood to work on them and they look like I took a "trip"!! I think I have every color and themsome of every grape known to man in this pic. Tried to do a grisaille with Indigo Blue; wrong way to go. Kept going tho thought it would get better. Nope! Put them aside and today did another pic and thought heck can't ruin them grapes and took solvent, Goo Gone, to them. The more I have looked at them the more they are growing on me. So have a good laugh while going 'EWWWWW' but let me know what ya'll think anyway. Do have the sunset done to but will put that in another post.

Thanks for looking, Adria

Paper is Borden-Riley 9 x 6 with Prismas, Derwent, and Lyras and Goo Gone!
Attached Images

Last edited by AdriaLT : 08-06-2009 at 05:46 PM.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM

Hails from United States

Back again and this one will be short, promise. Evening Peace by Malope on Bristol Vellum 9 x 12 (Last piece of this Rosemary!!) Prismas, a few Derwents and Lyras. Used Goo Gone as solvent. c&c welcome of course.
Thanks for looking,

Adria
Attached Images

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Burnsville, MN

Hails from United States

Thanks Adria, your pictures look awesome. The good news is I didn't scream in horror, lol. I rather like how both turned out.

I have continued to have my own struggles with this black paper. Here is an update:

Name:  grapes3reduced.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  53.2 KB
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Malta Europe

Hails from Malta

I have enjoyed seeing the lovely work which is being posted in this forum.
Marmsk, your puppy's expression is lovely and you have rendered the fur excellently.
Jeff, I like the grapes painting, the glossy and transparent texture is captured very well. I'm working on the grapes but still have lots to do to finish it off.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Veteran Member
Malta Europe

Hails from Malta

Adria, I like the sunset view, lovely colours in the sky and the foreground trees are lovely. Well done.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 AM
East Granby, CT

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone, and welcome to all the new people here! I'm still not sure which ref I'm going to do first...so far I'm just fooling around making color swatches. I have a set of 12 Polychromos that I keep at work and I tried color a couple grapes yesterday using just those pencils. I was able to get a believable grape, so I'll continue with that project. The mushrooms and the door also call to me, as does the sunset.

Jeff - Congrats on being published...a well-deserved honor! Your grapes are coming along beautifully, and I especially appreciate your posting progress pics.

Adria - Both of your pieces are nice, but the sunset is my fave...you got those yellows and oranges to really glow!

Eileen - Your puppy is just adorable. You really did a great job with that soft puppy fur!

Can't wait to see more, and hopefully I'll have something to post before too long!

#70   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM
A Local Legend
Milan, Illlinois

Hails from United States

Adria, I really like the sunset drawing! Maybe some heavy burnishing will smooth out and blend the colors on your grapes and give them a nice shine? I didn't know you could use Goo Gone as a solvent. I've used it to remove tape glue and putty from walls.

Char

CRY Colored Pencil Art
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Huntsville, AL

Hails from United States

Hello All
I've looked around on Wet Canvas for quite awhile. I've looked at the monthly challenges and thought that would be fun but have never taken the leap and can't decide which medium I like best. So I decided on the colored pencils. I like doing animals and saw the puppy. Maybe I can do that one.

I've been admiring everyones work. Everybody is sooo good. I'm a newby and not quite sure if I have enough experience to equal everyone's level of expertise. Maybe all the experts can give me good advise.

Nice to meet all of you.
Gloria
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Hails from United States

Want to thank ya'll for your nice comments on my two pieces. Those poor grapes! Char, nothing is going to help them and I just posted them for fun to give a good groan, ewww or just what the heck was she thinking moment!!! They are the piece that you look back one and remember what went wrong and that you shouldn't do THAT again!!

Eileen, I am sorry but I completely forgot about your puppy in my silliness! I fell in love with her and she is too pretty to be a boy!!, when you posted her. I think you got her just right and you should be proud of it.

Jeff, I finally got to your grapes and I sure wish mine had turned out a 1/4 as good as your. I sure don't know what you are unhappy with!!

Well, today I will get busy with more serious painting now that I got some new pencils to play with for my BD on Wed. Did a wee bit of damage at Utrechts!!!!
See ya later, Adria
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
A WC! Legend
South Dakota, USA

Hails from United States

I'm in for the grapes! Black paper too! The door is interesting too!

Jeff, great work on the sunset and grapes! I hope mine turns out as good as yours!

Eileen the puppy is awesome! Good job!

Adria, you nailed the sunset colors!
Cameras Canon SX160IS, ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2018, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Germany

I decided to use the wonderful sunset for a number of tests, so here is:
  • my first time with Mi-Teintes (not fond of it so far though...)
  • my first time with orange paper
  • quick sketch
My usual open stock mix of D. Coloursoft, Lyra Rembrandt, F-C Polychromos, on dark oragen Mi-Teintes, smooth side.

The reference would probably have deserved more time and a paper more suited to my style of drawing, I apologize to the photographer and to the sun.

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Prudenville, Michgian

Hails from United States

Adrial, Nice sunset. Is your the Polychomo? And the Derwent is what?
How did they all work to gether? Haven't checked you second piece yet but you are doing very well. Jan