WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland
Re: Scavenger Hunt #86 May 17-May 25

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Cairo
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Still chuckling...you're hilarious, EP!!
Anyway, here's my #10- distant

Cairo
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Cairo - My wife collects teddy bears. The tomato is not really that big ...about the size of a large orange. The bear is small, although not the smallest one she has. As always your sketches look like my finished works!!! Beautiful!!! Subtle shadows!! The wreck is excellent!!!

Graham - Thanks. The can over the red is very dramatic! What does "v/diary" mean? Can't see much detail on my monitor, but the feather does look soft.

Azul - Thanks. Nice sketches. What's a rinsewell??

Julie - Thanks. Nice sketches I love the simplicity. Nice clean lines.

Jeanne - Nice sketches. Good thinking! Bozo is vicious???

Sandy - Thanks. Nice sketches. Like the in your face the best.

Lizzie - Welcome!! Great start. Love the egg and the leaf! Hands are excellent!

Joan T - Thanks! Was expecting wc and instead a beautifully rendered pencil!! Nice!!! Love the line work on the fork!

Jo - Thanks. Not sure what a "thingy that holds your earrings" are but you seem to have a lot of them. Nice sketches!

EP - cute.

Joe

Only finished one more

#3 Rock paper scissor - rock is a scarab I picked up in Alexandria, paper towel and my trusty swiss knife.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Joe, when were you in Alexandria? I love Alex...it is supposed to have had a major revamp in recent years. I got a surprise when I saw your scarab...I have an identical one, a gift from my daughters.
Nice sketch of a penknife too!
Cairo
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Julie - Thank you.

Jeanne - Thanks. I almost always have a healthy breakfast. It's the evening when I devour almost anything.

Graham - Thank you. I like these that you're doing with the ink and gel pen.

Jo - Good sketch of the endless movie. Good idea to have extra earring backs. Nice high corner sketch. I mostly use the ink & inktense when I'm sitting on my couch to sketch. I keep them right next to it and I'm usually too lazy to get up and get anything else to use.

Popcorn - Hope you find some good things to sketch!

Lizzie - Thanks. I couldn't think of anything else for the limp. I just had to do the spaghetti. Good sketch of your hand and the dumbell. Nice idea for the weak, silver and gold together.

Cairo - Thanks. Do you want some oatmeal and berries? The shipwreck came out super!!!! Wonderful variety of colors in your water. Good job!!

EP - Oh, no!!!!!!!!! I guess the bear bells didn't work. How did the bear break your leg? We should be seeing bite marks.

Joe - Thank you. Love the little scissors on your Swiss army knife. Great shading on that sketch.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

11 - strong - ink & Inktense pencils

12 - rock, paper, scissors - ink & Inktense pencils

13 - organic - Inktense pencils

These were done from my 2008 calendar with photos of Italy.
14 - beginning (January) - ink and Inktense pencils
15 - final (December)
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Lizzie, you make me laugh. Your sketches are really nice. Good line work. I don't know how we stuck with the movie. When it was near the middle, we were thinking .. this has to end quick. Then it kept on. Ha.

EP. Yikes, Looks like your sketchbook made it and your glasses! Glad the blood is covered with the bandages. Good sketches by the way.

Cairo, thanks for showing your setup. Very nice work on the ship wreck. The water is lovely.

Joe, you just never know when the Swiss Army knife will come in handy, huh? Good strong drawing.

Joan, you beat me to the calendar. Hmmm. Very nice sketches and you work quickly with those Inktense pencils. The orange has me off to look for a snack. I'm with Jeanne on breakfast. I never liked breakfast food and would have pizza or left over anything. Now with my gluten free world, I usuallly have rice cakes with peanut butter and cream cheese. I guess I mainly don't like sweets for breakfast like doughnuts, pancakes or sweet cereal. I like those things but not for breakfast....

Thanks all for your comments.

Later,
Jo
Winston Churchill
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Cairo - I made several trips to Egypt in the 90's, all of which included stops in Alexanderia. Did some work with the Egyptian Navy. ( When I was in high school I was fascinated by Lord George Gordan Byron and Alexander the Great, so I was in complete awe of everything on my first visit! Spent an entire afternoon in a Greco - Roman museum fascinated by all the coins wondering about all the people who had used them hundreds of years ago!)

Joan T - As you know I took that wc class so I could do a wc version of a landscape and then when I saw your December picture I had to share.

Jo - Thanks.

Joe
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Happy Birthday, Jeanne!!! Hope you enjoyed your plein air sketching this morning
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Joan - nice fingers. Mmm steak. It's been a long time since I've seen/used a box of the skinny birthday candles! Um, the box only has 24 candles in it. We need another full box and another partial box for Jeanne's cake this afternoon. Did you remember to get the frosting? That's her favourite part Good "limp" and mmm blueberries on your breakfast. I broke my leg and arm running away from the bear. Your blue paper reminds me of cocktail napkins. Nice calendar!
Joe - thank you. Cute teddy. Nice strainer.
Cairo - funny photo of the pregnant camel. Nice crab claw and sand dollar. Are you sure those are not cigars? Nice painting of the shipwreck. I like all the colours you used in the foreground.
Graham - love your sketches on the pre-inked pages (from when you clean your roller) I like the feather in particular.
Azul - thank you. Actually it's a sweet potato that the monkey is leaning on. What do you use your rinsewell for? Printmaking? Watercolours? Watering your pets?
Julie - hello! What are the creatures tucked into the cubbies high up in your wall? Thank you.
Jeanne - I'll bet that Bozo's beak is strong.
Sandy - thank you. Nice k'nex tower. I love the stuffed toy (duck?) wearing the dress and the story behind it.
Lizzie - good idea for backwards. Beautiful egg and leaf. No kidding your hand would be limp after holding/modeling the dumbell first!
Jo - thank you. I can't sit through a four hour movie. I fidget during a two hour movie. My monkey is from a Linux (geek) trade show. His shirt says "Ximian" and the website says: "Ximian offers a complete Linux desktop environment and productivity application suite as well as enterprise software management solutions to dramatically reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining Linux systems. " http://www.novell.com/linux/ximian.html

I hope that's everyone

Cheers,
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Tallahassee, FL

Hails from United States

Hi- I posted some sketches in the last scavenger hunt... please comment/critique if you have time
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

LClifford - thanks for the reminder to check back there. Great TV remote and zipper. Nice jingly belt with charm. I can't quite make out the item with the interchangeable parts?
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 07:09 PM
WC! Guide

Thanks EP. You are missing the chocolate cake hubby brought home. But no cream cheese frosting. Drats. He also brought Cherry chocolate chip ice cream and some luscious fresh (and still warm) french bread. I just finished some cherries (also he brought home) 2 pieces of french bread and am drinking iced tea. I will probably have to pass up the Mexican Casserole left from last night if I want to have the cake and ice cream. I can just see my extra belly and chin already starting to form.

Here is the rhino up high and the 3 little hear no, see no, speak no evils facing backwards. Plus the cake.

I had a very good time at the outing. Only 5 people showed up. I got nice pictures of the two bears and bald eagles, some very good pictures of cacti, goats, sheep (in the petting zoo part), a great picture of a kangaroo rat and a very loveable one of an up close and personal one of a very friendly roadrunner. I was looking at him thru a dirty glass window but he got up against the window and I got my camera up against it too. Very cute photo.
Attached Images

#74   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from New Zealand

Hi All

Happy Birthday, Jeanne, Hope you enjoyed your day

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
WC! Guide

Thank you Graham. I sure did. Always a good day when I get to go out with the paint group. And it wasn't so hot we melted.