WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 06:58 AM

Hails from England
Re: Scavenger Hunt #86 May 17-May 25

I missed the last scavenger hunt because I was away helping at beer festivals. Enjoyed the beer of course but was miffed to miss the hunt because it was a great list. Then I come back here to find I have to actually think about subjects. Now, steady on .

There are some great sketches going on here, but it's also interesting to see how different people are interpreting the subjects.

FWIW here is my take on

1 Final . Its the last page of my library book.
2 Backwards. The back view of a photo frame.

3 Breakfast. An egg
4 Delicate. A little leaf I came across on my morning walk in the park.
5 Porous. Kitchen roll.

Off to try to think a bit more. (Ooh that hurts.)

Lizzie
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

I had fun doing this ...done over the course of two days in between swimming lessons, homework, visitors, cooking etc. I suppose each one took about 20 minutes. These all came from the beach here.
2-organic- this is a bitter-apple (a type of gourd like fruit that grows wild in the desert. It has powerful medicinal uses)
3-delicate- feather
4-strong- crab claw
5-weak-smaller crab claw
6-backwards- inside of a mussel shell
7- thick and thin- a type of sea urchin prickle (slate pencil sea urchin)
8-porous- a little sand-dollar
9-final- this dried ficus branch has been knocking around my studio since last November and has been drawn several times. It is very brittle now and won't last,so this is my final sketch of it.
Cairo
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Joe - Thank you. Lovely shading on your animal, veg, & mineral. Nice job on the strainer, especially the mesh. Good group.

Cairo - Thanks. We need lots of cream cheese frosting and can probably have a cupcake to go with it as the cake part. I keep cutting lilacs (love the scent) but they don't last long. I did that lilac painting a bit larger, but haven't finished it. I never know what to do with the background when it's a still life. Any suggestions? My exhibition was fun. It was held in a building in the local arboretum where I've been painting a lot lately. They got a fair amount of people stopping in because luckily it was a nice weekend until about 30 minutes before the show ended. Beautiful collection of items from the beach!!! I love the crab claw, sea urchins, feather, etc.Great job on the colors in them!!

Jeanne - Thanks. I knew immediately what I wanted to do for the "close." I think you are the Queen of the Props here. Nice sketch of your thumb. Good thinking for "close". Love the sketch of Bozo's strong beak!! Nice sponge and knitting needle.

Graham - Thanks. I'd like to paint the violet lilacs too, but I don't know if I'll get around to it before they're gone. Nice job on the can...very different with the red color!

Azul - Thanks. My art group does 2 member's shows a year. There was a lot of nice work and a fair amount of people came to see it. Nicel lines on your hand sketches. I like your "simple" sketch and the Chinese character with it. What does the rinsewell do that's special?

Julie - I like your soup and sandwich sketch. I'm ready for lunch!! Good thinking fro shallow and deep! Nice lines on these.

Sandy - Thank you. Good job on the tower. Good thinking for "shallow"...funny! Those books definitely look "deep." What a nice wakeup call in your face. Does he squeak too? My, that's an "in your face" sketch of your porus pores! lol

Lizzie - "Helping" at a beer festival sounds like a good time. Good thinking for "final" and backwards. Lovely sketch of the egg...nicely shaded. Nice color on the delicate leaf. Good roll of towels.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 11:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

6 - high - water-soluble pencil

7 - limp (cooked spaghetti) ink

8 - silver and gold - ink & Inktense pencils

9 - breakfast - watercolor

10 - spiritual - ink & Inktense pencils
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Immortalized
California

Cairo - gorgeous watercolor sketches, the reef, the stuff from the beach, all of it.

Jamie - beautiful apple. It's meaning may be simple, surely not your sketch, not to me anyway. I hope you find time for more.

EP - you beat me to paper, rock, scissors lovely pages of sketches. "In your face" is so funny! BTW, congrats on making WC!Guide

Jeanne - nice stuff, that hippo is so cool! Wow, you are so far along on the list already.

LClifford - welcome to wetcanvas and to the scavenger hunts Your sketches in the other thread look great, I hope you get a chance to post in this one too.

Joan - beautiful watercolor sketches, especially those lilacs. Super job on the spaghetti.

Joe - great little sketch for animal,vege, mineral

Graham - very cool...I must remember to clean my brushes and rollers on my journal pages, I love that effect you got.

azulparsnip - great job with the hands, nice touch with the little chinaman. I guess the rinsewell would be alright if you are far from the sink. I am forever changing my water when I paint.

Sandy - good finds for "deep" and "shallow," you're really thinking. The stories behind your sketches are funny

lizzievesham - Hi, welcome to wetcanvas and to scavenger hunts. Nice finds and sketches, just don't hurt yourself, LOL.

"Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." Ed Parker, Sr.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
WC! Guide

Sandy well done. You really get down to it when you read. Very deep also. Funny on the nose find. Glad you clarified that it is over exaggerated. I really love the in your face. I can understand as I wake up to dog toys in the same way or a tongue on the face trying to wake me to go potty.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
WC! Guide

lizzie good job. Especially on the backward find. It's fun to see what everyone comes up with that one.

Cairo nice find at the beach. So many and all in one place. Love the shading on all.

Joan good job on the limp. I had a laugh when I saw that. But oh so true. Nice job on the tree. Way too many healthy breakfasts. You guys would faint if you see what I sometimes eat. I guess maybe I had better get out the cheerios so mine will look normal.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from New Zealand

Hi All

Thank you Azul, J, Cairo, Joan T, Julie

AZul nice pics well done

J lov the pics

Julie lov the see though bag of sandwiches

Sandy great pics lousy tv haha

Lizzie great egg and leaf well done

Cairo love the crab bits they are so well done

Joan T Great limp spaghetti and brakefast

#2 Delicate feather in v/dairy on a page i cleaned my ink roller on gel pen 5mim

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:06 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

I got a few done. Yes!!
Number 1, Long. The Lifetime movie we got stuck in today was almost endless. Ha. Micron 005, in regular Hunt sketchbook, about 15 minutes.

Number 2, Gold and silver. A little plastic box with the thingys that hold earrings in your ear. Mostly gold as I hardly wear gold and have lost silver ones. Same book and pen. About 15 minutes, color is highlighter I was too lazy to go get watercolor or colored pencils. Jeepers. And number 3, High. The corner of the living room, must be 18 - 20 feet up there. 8 minutes. All done today.

Cairo, great shallow, very pretty. You are doing so well in all media now. Your painting of the shipwreck was outstanding. Then your beach treasures are wonderful. Ahhhhhhh..so well done.

Jamie, your apple is so nice and you added a red table .. just for me???

EP, you are probably done as I post this. I am sooooo slow. I like your monkey. Is it Curious George? Rock, paper, scissors is good too. Nice ink work. In your face made me laugh. LOL

Jeanne, your backward is so cute with the purple hat. I bet you are finished by now. Sigh..... Bozo is so cute. Clever on your items, too. I have thought of some, but no time to sketch.

Joan, lilacs. Mmmmm. They don't grow here, too hot I guess. We have crepe myrtles that look similar, but no smell. Your thick and thin sounds good to eat! I like that you use different media all the time. I am usually too lazy to get up and get anything but my pen. Your breadfast looks like blueberries. Yum.

Joe, your bear is so cute. Great shading on your sketches. Like the porous.

Sandy, well your sketches brought on smiles and chuckles, too. Porous, indeed! Cute in your face and TV program. Too much fun here! The sketches are well done by the way.

Lizzie, hi! I like your sketches. Nice lines. The delicate leaf is cool with shadow and all. Yummy egg.

Graham, Your simple can doesn't look simple on the red paper. You picked red for me, too, right? The feather, too. Well done on that.

Azul, you don't look rusty. I can't tell about the rinse well, never used one. Like your hands...

Julie, Hi there!! I like your sketches with the Tombow pens. I don't know those. Your things to make soup and sandwich are great. Some people are clever.

There was some blank space in between Graham and Lizzie, hope I didn't loose someone.

This is a fun list, huh? With all the clever ideas and interpretations. So much fun.

I was thinking this evening when sketching that Jamie and Jeanne have been in since the beginning! Close to two years now. Wow. I was in on about #3. Cooooool.

Later,
Jo
Winston Churchill
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Pacific NW

Hails from United States

Wow! Everyone's stuff is just wonderful! I'm really enjoying seeing everything here.

Sorry I don't have time to comment personally on everything this time.

Graham - I do have a question for you about the feather. Did you do the gel pen drawing and then clean your roller on the page, or did you ink the page with the roller and then draw the gel pen feather? Just curious.

FWIW, I am taking my list and sketchbook to my DD's theater class tomorrow. Seems to be the only time I get do any art stuff lately. I get an hour to draw while she is busy hamming it up.

Popcorn
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from New Zealand

hi All

Popcorn i cleaned the roller on a few pages in my v/diary let them dry and draw on them as i come to them, the gel pens and pens work on them quite well.

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 AM

Hails from England

Some great stuff coming in by everyone.

Cairo - Lovely beach montage.

Joan T - I particularly liked your tree and have to take my hat off to you for attempting spaghetti. I considered it before wimping out. Well done.

Wabbit - Thanks for the welcome. I nearly did hurt myself doing the sketches I'm about to post. Never realised before that drawing could be an extreme sport.

J - Come on, I want to see your breakfast now. I hate breakfast and have to force something down, so it's not always very healthy.

grekslay - That is a lovely feather you have there. I'd be very pleased with myself if I'd produced that.

Jo - Laughed at your endless movie. Four hours? You have far more stamina than I have.

Popcorn - I'm interested to see what you can come up with for the list at theatre class. Even more of a challenge in my eyes.

Right onto my next ones:

5 Strong. Me holding a dumbell.

6 Weak. My poor hand after holding the dumbell.
7 Gold wedding ring and silver bracelet.

Lizzie
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 AM

Hails from England

Oops seem to have posted twice. Sorry.

Lizzie

Last edited by lizzievesham : 05-21-2008 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Lizzie, we cross-posted last time! Welcome!! You have jumped into the spirit of the hunt and produced some great sketches! I love the strong hand,weak hand one...so funny! If your hand could speak ,it would definitely be saying OW!! Clever take on backwards ,and lovely egg and leaf too.

Jo- goodness...four hours!! No wonder you started sketching. Your gold and silver items are really good...I never would have guessed it was highlighter...impressed!

Graham- I love your feather! It looks so good on the red ink! Your style reminds me of EP in a strange way.
Where is EP? I hope she's not out in the woods with those bears!

Joan- beautiful sketches...the tree is lovely, the book delicately done but that breakfast is making me really hungry. And so is the spaghetti. I can hear my tummy rumbling!

Looking forward to your sketches, Popcorn!
What is FWIW?

Cairo
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairomum
Where is EP? I hope she's not out in the woods with those bears!

Hello, EP asked me to send you this. Maybe someone can explain what happened here?

Cheers,
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)