WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
A WC! Legend
New York's Hudson Valley

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #78 Mar 13 - Mar 21

Jo, good for you for being the first one to deliver sketches! Your hand/thumb sketches are so expressive and accurate, and straight in with pen no less!

Joan, I'm a self-confessed color junkie, but I really like that roll of paper towels. The shading is just right and shows the form perfectly.

Y'all are so inspiring!

Jamie
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast
Western Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Jeanne - great list - I'm away and sketching so will post when I get home
Jo - Way to go! What a nice group of thumbs!
Lynda
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Enthusiast
Western Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hey dancing popcorn - nice seeds - I am vaguely familiar with Cardamon - but don't know which category it fits into - nice sketch of the seeds and the paper towels.
Lynda
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Enthusiast
Western Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Joan
Nice set of sketches - your paper towels are wonderfully sketches - great sense of roundness - nice soap and spoon, too. Love the color and lines in your dust pan - like your glass in the sweet salty etc sketches - like your use of color, too.
Lynda
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Popcorn, your cardamom seeds are so nice. The bottle so well done.

Cairo, thanks again.

Joan, I didn't think of vanilla as bitter, but it sure is until added to sugar. Nice job on the bottles. Your dustpan reminds me of work. Looks too good to use. The paper towels and soap are good with nice shading. Thumbs up to you. Ha.

Kivrin, thanks.

Jamie, thanks. I will be waiting for your thumbs in color.

Lynda, thanks to you, too.

Hope to do some more.

Later......
Winston Churchill
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 12:55 AM
WC! Guide

Jo really nice job on all your thumbs. Great that you were first.

Popcorn good job on the seeds and paper towel. I always think of paper towels in rolls. Good to see some off the roll.

Joan at first I thought the soap was for something in the mouth, then I saw the spoon. Love the "taste" sketches. They would make a perfect set of framed pictures for the kitchen.

Cairo most fruit have seeds. And plants have seed pods. Sunflower seeds to eat. You'll find something. Oh yeah and popcorn seeds.
I know you have some signs there. If you don't have a stop sign, do the one of the camel crossing. Gosh it is so good to have you back.

Lynda glad you are sketching. I haven't been. I was working on one of my Masters postcards and browsing some sites for more references for those. I will have to get busy. Having some trouble with my computer. I think it is time for a new one and I don't have the money. Will just have to put a bandaid on it and go.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 04:59 AM
WC! Guide

#1 something orange and challenge #1: 5 orange things
#2 something striped--a potholder

Sorry the scan is blurry. Scanner wouldn't cooperate when I tried to redo.
Attached Images

Last edited by "J" : 03-15-2008 at 05:20 AM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 AM
WC! Guide

#3 something other than food I put in my mouth
#4 thumb pointing at me...Challenge #3: thumb up, down, right, left, away, and curled inside
#5 paper towels
#6 several different buttons
Attached Images

#24   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Kivrin - Thank your. Glad you checked out my workshop paintings.

Jamie - Thank you. I enjoy doing things with the water-soluble graphite. It blends so easily.

Lynda - Thanks so much. I usually have to put color into something here.

Jo - We should all be bottle pros by now. Thanks.

Jeanne - Thank you. I smiled at the thought of the soap being for your mouth. My mom was always threatening that! I thought hard, but couldn't think of 5 orange things...you did well finding them, and I see Nemo helped. lol Good hand challenge. I always seem to have either a pen, pencil, or brush in my mouth too...good thinking. Nice collection of buttons.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

6 - my thumb & Challenge 3 - pencil

7 - teeth - pencil

8 - lemon seeds - ink & watercolor

9 - something by my back door (fish key holder) ink & watercolor
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Joan ,that sounds like a fantastic workshop- I love the idea of using the three adjectives as an inspiration. I look forward to seeing to seeing more of your stuff. Nice sketches- I particularly like the "tastes", beautifully done.
Jeanne- You are right about the seeds, when I think about it, I have lots to choose from. I like your orange collection - I spot Nemo in there! The thumbs are super. I also am guilty of shoving pens, pencils & brushes into my mouth, and then wonder why I have paint or ink on my face!
Kivrin- thanks! I'm glad to be back, in fact, so glad that it made my #1 sketch quite easy to do as I have lots of wrinkles when I smile!
1~wrinkles (20mins pencil)
2~something orange (25 mins coloured pencil)- I forgot to do the challenge so may come back to that

3,4&5~ teeth ( my daughter's, with a tiny note that she wrote for the tooth fairy), stripes (toothbrush) and coins ( we don't have coins here but I managed to find three English pounds in a drawer) . This took about 45 mins in watercolour

7~ inside of washing machine (20 mins pencil). Whilst I was sitting on the bathroom floor drawing this, my daughter's friends called to the door. I could hear them in the other room going " What IS your mother doing? How wierd!!"

Cairo

Last edited by cairomum : 03-15-2008 at 11:24 AM.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:07 PM
WC! Guide

Cairo your daughter's friend should have seen you painting on your floor with a broom. What we do for art. Good job. I will probably have to do my wrinkles too. I learned something new today. I didn't know you didn't have coins there.

Joan love the hand studies and nice job on the lemon seeds.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast
Western Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi all,
Back from dog show world! In fact one of my sketches is of a dog at the show - for wrinkles! I'll put it in the next post - I'm having that same old problem of overwriting

Here are 2,3,4,5
Stripes - pencil
Buttons - pencil
Stack of coins - pen
gum -pen

and of course the thumbs #6 pencil

Lynda
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Enthusiast
Western Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Jeanne - glad to see some of your sketches again - fun collection of orange items - nicely drawn the pot holder is a plus
your something other than food I put in my mouth is too funny - from the comments it looks like you are not the only one...your thumbs are great, good idea on the paper towels - inspired by Jo? Super collection different buttons.
Joan - nice thumbs (hands and fingers, too)
Nicely done teeth - I'm almost afraid to take that one on, you lemon seeds are beautifully shaped and shaded - look quite 3-d, love the key holder and colors
Cairomum - lovely to see your drawings again, too. Great wrinkles from your laughing eyes, your orange looks succulent and perfectly coloured. Like the way you arranged the 3 vingnettes - baby teeth, toothbrush, and coins - pike Jeanne - it is news to me that Egypt doens't have coins! Great view inside your washing machine - Jocelyn just ignore any strange behavior on my part when sketching - it is my husband who is always surprised at what, where, and how I'm sketching.
Lynda
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Wow Lynda, you really have improved with your sketches since I've been away- they used to be so faint, but these are drawn with confidence and style. I love that stripey chair, and those thumbs are great.
I have to just say that there ARE coins in Egypt....but you never see them, the paper notes are the ones that are used. A new pound coin was issued but to date, I have only ever come across one. In fact, if you have to have change of 5 piasters (about 1 cent), it's more likely that you'll be given a sweet or a chewing gum instead. I don't know why.
Joan, I missed out your last set of sketches. The thumbs are great....looks like you have had a french manicure.
Ok, I'm off to do a few more!
Cairo