WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
South-East Queensland

Hails from Australia
Re: Scavenger Hunt #35

We are the pride of Brisbane town.....

Sorry my football team has just this minute had another win & even though its only thursday it was so big that they'll probably be top of the table come monday!
Brisbane - 15 - 12 - 102 ( thats 15 x 6pt goals, 12 x 1pt behinds = 102pts
St Kilda - 7 - 8 - 50
Its Australian Rules Football ( where the big men fly)

(Daniel Bradshaw -Brisbane- 'flying' for a mark)
Just thought some might like to see a picture of a game very different to Gridiron, Soccer, or Rugby.

Sorry I'll get back down off my hobby horse and back to my art after that little taste of Aussie sport.

Laurel, beautiful tonal work.
Joe, you're obviously a basset man - I like your queen bee bear.And great tulip - obviously the intimidation has worn off! But WOW that hibiscus!!
Peter, your blues are great I especially like the folder.
I love the rose Fleur, we never appreciate our own work do we - I always have my mistakes leap off the page at me.
Briege, I like your blue glass bottles ( I'm going to imagine they could be part of Helen's cobalt glass collection)
Without glasses great work Helen. And you know my vote will always go to part of your cobalt blue collection .
Great blue hue Jeane.

Well here are my next lot:
#13 - biscuit
#14 - an "owie" - Mum's bruises post surgery (that's only some of them - more on the other side of the leg OUCH!!) The dressing cover doesn't seem to have scanned well.
#15 - something you push/pull - Mum's 4-wheeled walker
#16 - something a chef would use a filleting knife
#17 - something that annoys me - ads that are twice as loud as the soft spoken drama show you're watching on tele
#18 - ceramic animal - a cup from my 'Fitz & Floyd' Owl Tea Set.

Laughter is the sound of the human soul springing a leak.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Enthusiast
!reland

Hails from Ireland

Sue, I've just popped in and oooohhh! your poor mum! Go off and fill that cheery mug of yours with a nice pot of tea for her.
Everyone's doing a great job....still haven't done anything,sigh! But I'm rooting for you all...well done!!
Cairomum
PS. Jo, those mouths were gruesome. And huge!
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
WC! Guide

Sue that biscuit/cracker looks so real and the walker looks so hard to do. But my favorite is the owl. It is so cute. Well done on the find for annoyance. That is one of the things I can's stand either. Almost makes you jump out of your skin when the loud commercials blast you.

Cairomum hang in there. You'll get some drawing done. With your talent, you should be drawing all the time. About my list, I have made up quite a few of the former lists and have to really dig deep inside my head to come up with new things. But somehow I find them even if they are a little strange. Figuring out the challenges is the hardes part for me. Everyone is so good that I have to really come up with odd things to really create a challenge for everyone.

Jo thanks for the ref site. Can't say I would want to draw any of those mouths. Looks like they see a dentist tho. I have all that metal in my mouth too. Not very pretty pictures tho. Even the other body parts have a sdtrange appearance but you can't help but keep looking at them.

I think Laurel is next for a list. Can't wait to see how her mind works.

Last edited by "J" : 04-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Everyone draws so well! Joe, awesome tulip, hard to believe you are just learning watercolor. Fleur, your rose doesn't look overworked to me.
Sue, sorry about your Mom. The biscuit made me hungry.
My drawing of a finger looks funny, but I should have used that finger for my owie. Seem to have saved the unnumbered ones. Learning photoshop for this project. I need a computer to read my mind so I dont have to repeat everything I do on it until I get it right. 11. fingers and toes. 12 3 contact covered phone books. What makes them strange is I always look up phone numbers on the computer now. 13. coin container
Virginia
Attached Images

Last edited by artistatwork : 04-05-2007 at 10:49 AM.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
A Local Legend
Living on the Island....

Hails from Canada

Nice work here folks...and Sue, I like the way your pictures are laid out

My first one : Ceramic animal(s) a hippo and rhino from Africa...they are too pretty and a treasure of mine

Done in my little canson 5.5 x 8.5 sketchbookk. Ink and Inktense.
I have no idea of time, was done in 2 sittings
Attached Images

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 PM
A Local Legend
Willow Grove, Matthews, NC

Hails from United States

Jeanne... WHY dont i come here more often??? i so truly enjoy it... this week i knew i'd have help, so copied the list (a SUPER one, BTW)... so here's our first entry 8, EIGHT, count 'em 8 items...

#1 odd shaped bottle with
#2 metal - old silver bangles
#3 least fave color, black remote
#4 something push/pull ... remote buttons
#5 something chef uses, spatula by Teagan
#6 game piece, T
#7 ceramic animal.. cup handle, T
#8 fingers... also Teagan, age 6 and a half!

"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
WC! Guide

Teagan you draw so good. I can't believe you are only 6 1/2. Wow. Keep up the good work.

Nonny so good to see you here. Glad you like the list. And I don't know why you aren't here more also. You do great work. That glass bottle just sparkles and the remotes put mine to shame. I have done one before and it no way looks so detailed. I don't have the patience to make all the buttons so precise and recognizeble. You two keep up the good work.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Cariboo in central British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada

This is my first hunt entry

EVERYONE Great work young and old (mature )

A quote from a birthday card

"you don't quit playing because you grow OLD
you Grow Old because you quit PLAYING"

Having been watching this thread for some time and have decided to post and get some sketching done everyday even if I don't get it all posted here. I do oils and acrylics as well (attempt to anyways )

#1 half my head (I look slimmer and younger in this sketch)
#2 hand /toe joining(UGLY )
#3 odd shaped bottle. has four sections inside
#4 & 5 owie and tounge

comments welcome
as ever Peggy
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 03:22 PM
WC! Guide

Hi Peggy and welcome. We can kinda see how you look. We will always see you as the younger and slimmer. My problem is that I always make mine look older. At least that is what everyone I know tells me. I tend to add all the wrinkles.

Very interesting bottle. Good find on the owie. Good job on the tongue. I still have to do those.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
A Local Legend
Willow Grove, Matthews, NC

Hails from United States

"Hey, Bigspender, speeeeeennnnnd a little time with me"... signed: Scavenger Hunt. Teagan likes your toe/hand, even tho it IS gross idea (J!)....
Welcome.... you'll LOVE it!!! i come here to relax........

and thank you, Jeanne... it's spring break, our special time.... i actually managed a last minute WDE while she was on a puter game!!! nice visit...
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Got a couple done last night. In my Matisse sketchbook with Micron 05 about 20 minutes. There have been so many great and humorous sketches. Good ones, pretty ones, etc. I will try to comment more tonight.

Sketches for today, #1 is something brass, a bed post. A good thing it isn't that crooked in real life, would be a shaky bed I bet. #2 is something you keep spare change in. I don't keep spare change, I spend it. Gene saves it in this wine bottle and the pennies in the jar.

Winston Churchill
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast
Geneva, Switzerland

Hails from Switzerland

Lots of activity since I last posted.

Sue: Ilove your little cards - nice biscuit
Artistawork: Nice fingers and toes - did you also go the acrobatic position?
Meisie: Delightful hippo & rhino
Kordelia : I love your remotes and Teague: very good job on your drawings.
Peggy: Welcome and your toehand is grotesque and well drawn
Jo: Good jar and bottle

my next ones:
# 21 - Ceramic animal

#22 - 3 strange things - African hardwood milking stool - African ceramic gourd - Antique Chinese bronze bell

C&C always most welcome.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Lord of the Arts
Guernsey, Channel Islands UK

Hails from Guernsey

Goodness me, you've all been so busy, I can hardly keep up. I'm afraid I'm struggling to keep awake here, so I won't comment, but will pop back tomorrow and comment.
Here's my nuber 3: still life with blue objects: I'm not all that thrilled with what I've done, but I'm posting anyway. If you want anymore details on what I did etc just visit my blog! Hard to tell what's in the picture eh?

Fleur
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
WC! Guide

Peggy I forgot to say how well you did with your hand and toes. Yours looks the most natural...if you can call it natural. Yours really looks like a hand with stubby fingers. Nice touch with the ring.

Jo nice job. I especially like the jar and jug. Are you sure you haven't been raiding Gene's jug?

Phobden really nice ceramic animal. Nice to see a variety of animals for this one. With that milking stool you'd have to be quick. It doesn't look all that comfortable.

Fleur even if you are sleepy you still can outdraw and paint most. Very nice. I think you could draw and pain dirt and make it beautiful.

Just got back from grocery shopping. Hot outside and I have the fans running inside trying to get cooled off. Will have to pick up the pencil and paper as soon as I get comfy.

Good work everyone.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Cariboo in central British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada

WELL DONE everyone

Kordelia are you into Broadway Muiscals I just love them.

actually I got my name from my hubby's handel he had from work. (retired now) His name was "Easy Money" cause if there was an easy way to do a job and get paid the same money then he would find it, and soooooooooo I got to spend it and that's how I got my name.

adding more sketches
#6 game pieces (marjong & dominoes)
#7 3 piece still life in Blue (Pencil colors)
Challenge #2 puzzel piece with drawing inside (I guess #10 out of order)
#8 something that measures
#9 ceramic amimal and dust collector

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

as ever Peggy