WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#391   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
South Dakota

Hails from United States
Re: CP Project: MULTICOLORED WHITE – Stay away from Gray!

Tess, i haven't had much of a chance to work on it lately...life and all

I like the paper so far, but i haven't used much else besides Bristol to compare it with. It seems to take the color well
  #392   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:55 AM
A Local Legend
Southern Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: CP Project: MULTICOLORED WHITE – Stay away from Gray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Larson
Tess, i haven't had much of a chance to work on it lately...life and all

Looking forward to the update when you get a chance, Lynn!

Tess

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
  #393   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast
Sierra foothils, California

Hails from United States
Lightbulb Re: CP Project: MULTICOLORED WHITE – Stay away from Gray!

I am not-so-new but bad at posting. Found this thread and have to jump in. I love, love, love working with white but not using grey or much white for that matter. Even though this thread has been going for more than a year (yes, I just got through reading all of it), I hope we can freshen it up again!!!
Love all the works that I've seen, but my love is flowers. (Sorry, bad with names, guess I should have written them down first before writing.) The ref photos near the front of this thread of 4 flowers, love them. I would like to use one or more of them. Where do you find them? Most of my work is from ref photos, but I love to work with live ones also. The piece I did a couple of years ago is on illustrator board and not the best of scans. The piece has no greys in it. A lot of different colors not showing up on the picture as I would have liked. I changed the background to black just to help to see it. Have done some on mi-tentes, and other papers, but my latest love (I say love too much! ) is shear heaven vellum. It is tough, takes a lot of layering and hard pressure. I tend to layer, burnish, layer, burnish repeating again. I like to make it look like a painting, not a drawing. Maybe I'll go to another thread later and show you what I've done on this vellum!
I am going to look up some ref. photos and jump in with a new piece. Oh, yes, I have some water lilies that I started that would be in this catagory also, I will scan them in and post later. Maybe finishing them will be the ticket.
Kathy
Attached Images