WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Lord of the Arts
Temple, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Portrait of My Daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynmr
Sorry no awful from moi.

Ditto!!

Your other work shows how you've locked onto large expressive eyes and an interesting way of portraying people in everyday postures--it's quite unique!! I really like the one of the blue back of the sitting body--very cool!
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Tommy,

Thank you so much. You're a very nice person as well as a terrific artist.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Chisaii,

Well, I looked at YOUR work. Thank you so much for your critique; I'm really blown away by what you've accomplished. The piece depicting your husband's grandmother is amazing, just amazing. But I really loved your work in general, not just that piece in particular.

I'm aspiring to get some of that heightened graphic quality out of my work and move into a greater sense of realism, which you've certainly achieved wonderfully yourself. I understand that more emphasis on shadows/molding/perspective will help me in this regard, and I welcome all suggestions about how to drive the flat and/or cartoonish aspect out of my work, which I frankly dislike. It's all a growth process, though, as it was for me in writing, so I trust that it will come! When I took my first poetry class, my work was almost awe-inspiringly terrible, if I can express it that way. I kept at it, though, and my first book (The Carrington Monologues) was nominated for the Pulitzer (yes; I'm proud of that--I hope not unduly, though!). Anyway, I believe a lot in the power of tenacity, and you and Tommy are certainly terrific role models in this regard. Thank you for your generosity!

This is really a terrific site, and I've missed it a lot. The opportunity to exchange critiques with such accomplished artists is very exciting.

So thank you, Chisaii and Tommy, and every one else for your insights. You're most inspiring company.

Regards,

Terri
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Happy to help out Terri. And congrats on your nomination of The Carrington Monologues! Just getting published is no easy task but you got nominated for the Pulitzer! That's so cool!

For reason to tolerate those who refuse to play by the rules of reason is nothing else but the suicide of reason. ~ Lee Harris
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Lord of the Arts
Temple, Texas

Hails from United States

You're making me blush, girl!! I sincerely thank you for being so complimentary on my work!!

The Pulitzer??? Can I have your autograph? That's sooooo very cool!!!
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Tommy,

Thank you for your kind words...it was a happy moment in my life.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Chisaii,

I'm really sincere about your work: I absolutely love it, and I aspire to that level of professionalism in my CP work as well. So thank you for your help! I was psyched, too, when I came back to the site and found out that Ann Kullberg was a partner. Hurray!

No, you'd want the autograph of a WINNER, LOL. I was just a nominee (in 2002). It was a very nice life moment, though! And, interestingly enough, there was a Pulitzer winner in poetry at the university where I taught creative writing: Ted Kooser. He's a terrific person and a brilliant poet (he was the US Poet Laureate, too, before Donald Hall replaced him).

Anyway, I've met so many wonderful and helpful people on this site already: it's truly a joy, and I'm so happy to be here. Thank you for helping this renegade writer turned artist!