WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Lord of the Arts
Torrance, Caifornia

Hails from United States
Re: Newbies....Who Are You? Who, who, who who??? #3

Welcome new people, you all sound so interesting. Looking forward to sharing this site with you and enjoying your artwork.

Rosa
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Eastern WA

Hails from United States

Hello,
My name is Rachael, I'm 24 and from WA. I've been lurking around this site for quite awhile, but never worked up the nerve to post anything (until now). I have wanted to be an artist of any sort since I got my first set of crayons. However, I never had much desire to practice, so I'm not very good. I've worked as a caregiver for the last four years; of course I'm doing the one thing I was certain I would never do...
I like to try all mediums, & I have a lovely collection of half done projects. I tried cps after looking at some pictures done with them online. They are definately a favorite.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Okmulgee, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Hello, my name is Toni. This is my first post on Wet Canvas. I have done 3 colored pencil portraits as gifts so far after reading Ann Kullberg's Colored Pencil Portraits. I am 37, a homeschooling mother of 4 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Here's the first portrait I did, C and C enthusiastically awaited, but it is a finished work
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Canyon Lake, CA

Hails from United States

Welcome to all the new people! It's wonderful to have you here.
God's Delight, your portrait is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it. Who is this lovely newborn?
JoAnn

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Okmulgee, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

This is the baby of a friend of mine from church. She had a 12 year old and 10 year old and long since considered her family finished, so he was a surprise. . I was so excited for them. He is actually over a year old now. She is a wonderful mother and knows she is blessed.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Toni...gorgeous!!! Looking forward to more of your work!
Hi, Rachel! Yeah, sometimes I think it would be a good business to be the "finisher upper" of all kinds of projects...art, knitting...cross stitch....

Maybe if you posted one for comments it would motivate you to finish it up?? Anyway, welcome!
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2005, 01:12 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
New Mexico

Hails from United States

I would love to comment on the newborn picture, but it deserves its own thread. That way all your effort would be appreciated fully and any questions or comments could be pinpointed to that image. It surely deserves its own place in the sun!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 PM

Hello All!

I thought I would make an appearance here. I have posted before in the fantasy forum, but not here. I am 33, male, married, no kids, four cats, one snake, and a whole mess of fish(tropical). My profession is also in a cube farm, as an engineer. I would like to be a full time artist, and I'm working on getting prints made of my work to head in that direction.

I work mostly with colored pencil, although I do dabble in acrylic paint. I tend to grind my color into the page until there is no paper showing at all. For some reason, this seems to be the only way to get the transitions to my liking. My work is mostly abstract and/or fantasy. When not working completely abstract I like drawing fantasy females and/or realistic animals. I'm usually confused on whether to post something in the abstract/fantasy or this forum. I don't draw as much as I would like, since I seem so worn out from the daily grind.

I have been impressed with the kindness people show on this forum, and look forward to learning a lot. I will post some of my work soon.

Peace,
TJT

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2005, 08:53 PM
A Local Legend
rural missouri

Hails from United States

Welcome TJT! My advice would be to post in more than one forum. That way you can get all the feed back you are looking for. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Wanda
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2005, 11:01 AM

I'm new here! Just joined this forum. I've been working in cp for years. I mainly do water scenes and am currently both illustrating and writing my own children's educational book. I live on Vancouver Island off the coast of British Columbia so I get alot of ocean exposure. I also work a little in watercolour and ink.

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Hi, tjt! Yeah, you sound like me, I like to grind my cp into the paper, too! Would like to see your work!

Primsmatic, also would enjoy seeing your work and am glad to "meet" another cp-er!
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2005, 01:06 PM
South Africa and Spain

Hails from South Africa

I have been lurking for a while however have learned just about everything I know about art from this site (wetcanvas)
I am fifty this month have a son of fifteen Robert and my wife Linda, we live in Johannesburg South Africa and have just moved there after living in Uganda, Bahrain and Qatar.
I am a helicopter engineer and work on contracts all over the world, at present I am working in Eket Nigeria (in the Delta) for Exxon Mobil.
I work in Pastel,Pencil, Coloured Pencil,Charcoal, and Acrylic. I enjoy studying different artistic techniques and applying them to my work.
I post under the following threads Acrylic. Pastel, Wildlife, portraits, illustration, figures,marine, coloured pencil.
If I manage to sell any of my drawings or paintings sixty percent of the takings go to wildlife rehabilitation projects of my choice.
Gordon Shaw
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Smalltown, GA

Hails from United States

Welcome everybody!

I am fairly new to wetcanvas and I have discovered that it is a wonderful place full of amazingly talented people. I live in a small town so this is my only outlet to commune with people who love art and cp as much as I do! My work has improved so much from what I have seen and learned here. I can't say enough nice things about it!!!

Me? I have posted in one of these meet and greets before but I am 29, married with two dogs (lol!), and absolutely love painting portraits in cp. I take commissions and mostly do children. I work on mi-teintes, bristol, or stonehenge and my style is fairly realistic. I work in lots of light layers.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Gordon, great to meet you!
Hi, Anniejo!!
Hmmmm....seems like there's other lurkers out there? C'mon out and play?!!!
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Delight
Hello, my name is Toni. This is my first post on Wet Canvas. I have done 3 colored pencil portraits as gifts so far after reading Ann Kullberg's Colored Pencil Portraits. I am 37, a homeschooling mother of 4 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Here's the first portrait I did, C and C enthusiastically awaited, but it is a finished work

Hi Toni, I'm sort of a neighbor. I'm from Muskogee. Great portrait.

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." ~ Henry Ward Beecher