WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: Newbies....Who Are You? Who, who, who who??? #3

Hey, c'mon and tell us your story!!!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinZ
Hey, c'mon and tell us your story!!!

Ok, I'll bite. I'm 43. I'm a Child Welfare Supervisor in Tulsa during the daytime. I've also been a professional musician since I was 18. I teach private piano lessons. I have dabbled with CP for a few years, but never took it seriously. I've never had any formal art training, with the exception of about 5 art lessons just recently. About 8 months ago, I really got more interested in CP art. I guess it was my mid-life crisis, and my need to create. Now I'm hooked. My art is still pretty unsophisticated, but I'm learning. I'm mostly interested in Seascapes, Landscapes, and Portraits.

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Lake Country, B.C., Canada

Hails from Canada

Full time artist I pretty much work in most mediums, depending on what strikes my fancy at the time.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 05:19 AM
California

Hails from England

Hi!

I'm Steve, 43, IT lacky by trade. Born in the UK, but living in California.

Sort of new to art - did some when I was about 14-18, then stopped for a while and restarted with gusto about 6 months ago. New to wet canvas, new to colored pencils, but I'm really enjoying both.

I've been doing mostly sketches with mechanical pencil, I've done some acrylics of my kids, but I'm no painter. I love to draw people, when I can get hold of them.

The name is one of the many odd things my wife says from time to time.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 08:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Aww, Greg, it's not a midlife CRISIS, it's a midlife Creative Infusion!! What kind of music do you play? Do you record, perform, etc?

Chris, neat art! I especially like the pygmy owl. Looking forward to seeing lots of cp art from ya.

Steve, welcome here! Also looking forward to seeing lots of your work! You have lots of company...there's lots of us who got re-interested in art in a big way after getting career and family's established!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

ROFL Robin, I like the way you think!! I play piano and keyboards. I also sing some. Most of what I've done involves leading church music. I was part of a Gospel Music band in the 90's and we did get to travel a little bit. Mainly over Oklahoma and Texas. I've done alot of weddings, funerals, and dinner music also with the piano. I've recorded just a little bit, not much. One of the biggest thrills that I've had recently was performing on the talent show on a Carnival Cruise. On that same show performing was the man who wrote Pretty Woman and many other of Roy Orbison's songs. I think his name is Bill Dees.

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." ~ Henry Ward Beecher
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Phoenix

Hails from United States

I am also new to cp. I was given a set of prism for my birthday (53 yrs young) and have become addicted. I love that I am able to do details, seem to have more control, and have beautiful color. I have worked in oils, acrylics, pencil, and pen and ink, but cp is becoming my favorite medium, now I just need to get better. I am a mom of two adult children, 21 and 23, moved to Arizona from the east coast 3 yrs ago. I love this site, I have found so much helpful information, and wonderful people so willing to share their knowledge and experience!
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Lainyw! Very coool wolf! So glad you've found us! Where are you from "back east"?
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Philadelphia area

Hails from United States

I'm new too. I'm Jim, novice artist who is engaged (nearly 30 years old), and living in Philly (USA).

I'm currently writing a book titled "The life of a life model--an insider's guide to life modeling".

Would love to hear from artists with good stories to tell about using Life Model's. From a artist's perspective, what do you have to share? are their embarrasing model moments? Does it feel "intimate" to be seeing someone in a vulnerable state? how can an instructor and students help calm a nervous model? What the youngest model you have used (or heard used)...what's the oldest?

Most of all, what do you think models need to know about the people they are posing for?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast
Upstate NY

Hails from United States

*waves to Lainyw* Hey fellow Arizona person!!! Welcome!!

I have heard the languages of the apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 AM

I am a retired stage designer, aged 58, married no kids (before married with kids), graduated some decades ago from Academie of Arts in Hamburg.
I've been around nearly 20 years, somehow all over the world. Since I am independent and have got my own sourcing I can afford to be a full-time artist. Recently I've got quite a success in China. I am following up my good contacts all over the world and try to make something good from it. I am also doing charity things, for example now a German first show of a theatre play done by an American artist and writer. We are doing a professional production with hindranced actors. I am to be the director of the play, doing the stage design together with the author, but dramaturgization is done in a team of famous actor friends and theatre people.
I am to translate the play also!
Peter
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Enthusiast
NB, Canada

Hails from Canada

I love these threads Robin! It's so nice learning about everyone. Welcome all!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Phoenix

Hails from United States

RobinZ, I am originally from a small town, Salem New Hampshire, its about thirty minutes north of Boston. I could no longer take the cold New England winters...so I moved to Arizona. A wave back to gealflings, I am also in Phoenix, and trying to learn my way around. lainy
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Hi all you great new WC joiners! Welcome to you all. If I named you all, I would forget somebody and not want to hurt anyone's felings, I'd better let it just be unclusive.

This is a great place to learn the nuts and bolts of CP work. You will get kind critiques here. Nothing scathing. If you want serious critique there is a part of WC specifically for that. We try to be nurturing here, helping each other advance our command of the medium without overpowering everybody's own unique style. So well met, and please do continue to post and put up new WIP(works in progress) threads. It is how we ALL learn.
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Lord of the Arts
Temple, Texas

Hails from United States

Just wanted to quickly pop in and say hi to everyone!!

Welcome to WC and thanks for dropping in!! Look forward to seeing everyone's work, progress and contributions!! Unfortunately, WC becomes so addictive that sometimes you totally forget to work!!