WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Enthusiast
Sheffield, UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Outside the Lines: 19th - 25th June

Just been thinking. We haven't had one of those "Who did it?" threads for a while where everyone guesses who did 10 different CP drawings. I thought they were fun and they seemed quite popular at the time, so.... if theres anybody interested shall I go ahead and start one? We seem to be getting to know each other and each others drawing styles a lot more so I thought it could be a good time for us to have a go.

Just a thought! Anyone interested?

www.facebook.com/clairemilliganartist
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Hails from Canada

sounds like fun, i'll go find a pile of bricks...

cheer,s
gord
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Clarksburg, West Virginia, USA

Hails from United States

Fae Lynn, My heart goes out to you and your family. Please, please get professional help for your son. He'll feel as if part, if not all of it, is somehow his fault. Don't wait too long to do it. He'll also have many other things to deal with along the way. As parents, contacting others in the same situation will also help you deal with it and will help you to help your son to deal with it. I'm so sorry this happened...

Gord, Please tell me that the bride was not a blonde!!!

Claire, maybe I can actually join in on this one, now that I'm more familiar with everyones style.
Belinda

Last edited by AuntBe1 : 06-20-2005 at 10:13 AM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntBe1
Fae Lynn,
Gord, Please tell me that the bride was not a blonde!!!
Belinda

bright red hair and bright blue eyes - think anne of green gables! though i don't think it was all her own, she is very beautiful but...

cheers,
gord
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
New Hampshire, USA

Hails from United States

Fae Lynn - my gosh - our thoughts are with you.

I'm still recovering from our party, which I can say was a success. It actually did go from 2pm to 2am, with my husband and I drinking Vodka tonics for a full 12 hours. :O Our friends our so nice, and so many brought things, that I actually have 2 full fridges after the party, and could have another party!!

I would love to do another who did it - but I need to do some more women on the beach pictures... anyone up for doing that as the reference? I have a couple from the ril that our great.

Nicole

My Blog
My Website
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Deep South

Hails from United States

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant, Maggie.

Here's an interesting 'weird fact' I ran across.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

Anyone surprised by that?
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:33 AM
New Mexico

Hails from United States

I just now saw Fae Lyns' post. Thank God you caught him in time. And thank God this will be taken care of. Its now healing time, and I will pray each day for that to happen, because it can. Hang in there, because you need to for his sake.

Gord, you had me laughing this morning, and for that I thank you. Bridezilla......a friends sister was dubbed that also. Homely little twerp who has spent her entire life being jealous of her sister. Rubbed her sisters nose into the fact that she had gotten to the altar first. Until I pointed out to the sister that the bride actually had to go home to this guy, (A real loser) each night and actually share a bed with him. Poor sister's attitude went sky high and she laughed all the way through the wedding. She's still laughing a year later when the realization has come home to roost, and bridezilla has metamorphed into wife-zilla. Too funny. Some people get what they deserve. And yes, there is justice in some situations.

Nicole which references are you talking about?
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
New Hampshire, USA

Hails from United States

Louise - I'll have to find them again. They are on my computer, which have to hook back up. I also didn't save the original wc filenames or the person who posted them. Something I am starting to do. Iwill look for them and get back to you. They are a series of photos of girls and a young woman in flowy whte dresses and hats on the beach. Do you remember seeing them?

Nicole

My Blog
My Website
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:52 AM
New Hampshire, USA

Hails from United States

Here they are - I found them faster than I thought I would. You all practiced water right?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/show...0&ppuser=32395

My Blog
My Website
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
New Mexico

Hails from United States

I remember these.....they are reminiscent of turn of the century French paintings and stuff by Sorolla. Nice . I have not done the water warm up, but might try one of these anyway. As always, time is the issue.....why oh why do I need to work? I want new pencils, that's why, right?

Thanks Nicole.

Last edited by Weezy : 06-20-2005 at 11:13 AM.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
New Hampshire, USA

Hails from United States

I wonder if Lahree has seen them - don't a couple of them scream fairy!!

My Blog
My Website
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Lord of the Arts
Torrance, Caifornia

Hails from United States

Lynn1 You have us as friends, Im a lot like you, worked real, real hard so friends just never saw me. Now that Im retired I come here, and I really enjoy my friends on this forum.
FayLynn (((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))) my heart goes out to your boy. And you of course, I hope the creep gets the death penalty. I wish all states had the death penalty for child molesters.

Gord great story, its a shame that guys dont realize the best part of the package is on the inside.

Weezie that little cutie sounded like a piece of work, glad you made her sister feel better.

Katherine nice pictures, must be nice living close to such a beautyful park.

Here is my weird factlit My sister Violet was born on my birthday.
Whew Im glad I got that off my chest.

The house is still in a shambles, my one wish would be that they get it done.

Rosa
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Hee, hee, Gord, your bride story is one long string of weird facts! I have no weird facts, sorry!

FaeLynn, wow, you have a lot on your plate already, and now this???? I am glad you found out. He will be better equipped to sort it all out and handle it with it out in the open. Why we as a society let these guys out of jail ever, I will never know.

I will certainly pray for you and him, and I hope they put that guy away forever so he can't harm any more kids...
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:42 AM
A Local Legend
Delaware, USA

Hails from United States

I want to thank eveyrone for your support... I was afraid of being like the guy in a hit and run, lying on the side of the road and being passed by the traffic...I know it's a difficult subject that lots of folks don't want to approach.. so thank you all.
Belinda, my Nolan has been in therapy since he was 3 for his other problems... so we are now continuing on a whole other level...he is dealing with the whole thing really REALLY well...I kind of have Michael Jackson to thank because that's what made my son finally come to me and say something..once he understood what the whole trial was about...
Anyway. We'll be okay. It's just been so hard for me personally because I should have known. I can't sleep well, can't concentrate on anything, forget stuff like work schedules and appointments... oh man crazy. I can't even take it a day at a time. It's an hour at a time. I can't remember what gear I am in if I ride my motorcycle or drive the truck, which is also a standard.
If I had my way, I would just quit work and draw on some kind of disability right now... but can't afford to. Not only is this thing costing me emotionally but financially as well, with the therapy which costs, plus having to take time off work to take my son, plus now there's gonna be hearings, blah blah. It's tough. We were struggling before! Dang!
So you folks don't know what a blessing I feel WC is. All I can say is thank YOU thank YOU. Thank God my art is still alive!
Wendy, I am getting to you in a bit but I think it's time for me to get ready to go to work.
((((everyone))))
Thanks again,
-Fae Lynn

"If You follow every dream, you might get lost." ~Neil Young
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Fae Lynn, check to see if Louisiana hasn't some program in place to help defray costs, like a vicitm's fund for the victims and their families. Call your local social service bureau and find out. There may be a fund for you to tap into. Does anyone one know of a Federal One?