WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Santiago, Chile

Hails from Chile
Re: pAiNt tHiS! cHapTeR 2

The gross idea. Perhaps this weekend when i'll have more time i'll finish details
Attached Images

#47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 AM
A Local Legend
West coast USA

Hails from United States

Kareen your painting is great. One thing, it always takes soooo long for your paintings to download for me. I don't know if I am the only one that has that problem or not but if you saved them in .jpg format they would d/l much faster.

Here is my finished kitty cat. I am not too pleased with her either but at least she is a little more painterly than my previous big cats were and that is one of my digi painting goals.

Like Joel I mostly use just the artist oil brushs. Round camel for the most part and change the settings.
Attached Images

Sony Nex6, Nikon P610, Sony WX300, SEL55/210, SEL3.5/30 Macro, SEL16/50, 1.8/50
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 04:42 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Santiago, Chile

Hails from Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiers
Kareen your painting is great. One thing, it always takes soooo long for your paintings to download for me. I don't know if I am the only one that has that problem or not but if you saved them in .jpg format they would d/l much faster.

Sorry Chiers! my apologies! I upload images in bmp format so they don't miss details but....there's not so much difference so i'll start to do it in jpg format.

Your image has a good texture. I think textures are one of the most difficult subjects to paint.

Last edited by Yako : 03-02-2005 at 04:45 AM.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

These are both wonderful...........The bather is wonderful and Chiers, you cat is precious...it almost looks like a cub to me and the greenery is just fantastic to set it off...great eyes....
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Great job, Jean on the cat..........glad you fixed his leg LOL
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Jean, I like your lion! Had to laugh when you talked about amputating the right leg, because I got rid of mine too... on-purpose! You show nice versatility working between the two programs. I'm sure you get the blending down in Painter soon though.

Kareen, what can I say... you've done a masterful job on our sun bather. Even without the details, it's darn good!

Sherry, Wow! You went the extra mile... I think your lion is great too!... I'm equally impressed with the foilage... you caught me off guard with that! Nice! For me, that lion was a tuffy... short hair is so challenging. I'm sure we're growing!

#52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Immortalized
dixon Ill

Hails from United States

In case you really care folks. The reference image for the big cat is a Cougar or Mountain lion, or Wildcat. I know this because I paint big cats, besides the title of the reference photo says it's a wildcat LOL

P.S. my version is coming up shortly, like tomorrow or so.

Chuck

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 10:33 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

My girl on the beach..I outlined her body, but all painted freehand... I pretty much suck w/ human bodies but I guess I should have tried this freehand.....Done in painter, some oil, air and blend.
Attached Images

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Darlin, your girl on beach has a very lovely feel to it. The "high key" tonal arrangement works very well. And the distant sky is a thing of beauty! Soft beautiful colors...Yes, you've done well!

Just started mine... not much to show yet, but I thought I'd take a screen shot before I got so wrapped up that I'd forget...

Painter 9 Artist Oils "Clumpy Brush" -so far"

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Another Screen...

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Great start on that hat ........ I make a big mistake in not using layers....I am guessing this hat is on a layer of its own? I messed the girl up and had to delete her and a part of the beach.....and start over.

Question: What size are you working at? Is there a secret in Painter....it looks like I go from 100 to 200 % which is not what I always want to do...It will not let me type in a number so I seem to be stuck working at 100% only....Thank you so much....

Last edited by TxAggieDarlin : 03-02-2005 at 11:25 AM.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Pa

Hails from United States

Kareen, Sherry, Lovely!!!! I really love the background Sherry and it looks so young and cute.
Darlin, the colors are awesome in your beach scene.

Ok, I got carried away with the wildcat before thinking I should post a WIP. It still is a WIP. I cheated a bit and cloned an outline in Painter then went over to PS and painted on some color with an oil brush and smudging, smudging, smudging. Somebody stop me! Anyway, I still have more work to do and the fine details. Maybe I will do what Joel did and when I'm done go over to Painter and try to make it look like fur or at least have some texture.

The eyes are hard and so are the paws, mouth and chin. I think this needs more color...any suggestions or hints for me would be appreciated.
Attached Images

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
karachi pakistan

Hails from Pakistan
Thumbs up Re: pAiNt tHiS! cHapTeR 2

yess, i will try sky, sea,and modify figure ......let,s see what comes out..

Experience is nothing without EXPERIMENTS.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Immortalized
New York

Hails from United States

Darlin, you will find the numerical scale slider on the bottom left of your active Painter window...

You can also scale interactively, which is what I do mostly by holding down the control key and the space bar to zoom in... add the alt key to zoom out.

Your other question... This painting so far is on the same layer. I make decisions about using multiple layers as I go, but so far it looks like I'll manage this painting on one layer. I'm also working at a file size of 300dpi @ aprox. 5"X7".

mama mouse, your lion is very, very cool so far. I agree that this is a hard one to paint, but you'll get more out of it by attempting to solve the problems that arise with a challenge like this one... Keep going!... the beauty is in the details.

maqbool, jump on in!

Okay, here's where I'm at now...

#60   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:20 PM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Thanks JC.........I feel stupid.........I looked all over the top....now, remember this is a new program for me LOL.........Thanks so much!!!

and Mouse, you are doing a fantastic job!!!

JC your girl on the beach is beatiful..her skin looks like she is a beach person...great work