Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The attempts by FIGUARY, the latest videos, from the 19th to the 28th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    joe1It

I wanted to post last ten videos (I had published in another post from 1 to 18) starting with the last attempts I made, I arrived at 21, I stopped for a few days before resuming even if the initial idea was to make at least one video per day. with figuary,
        with these videos I tried to follow the chronometer, so to do in fact short poses, gestures, because the gestures I wanted to try to make them with continuity,
        finished the videos of February (figuary) I would continue with other croquis videos to practice the gesture like now but not only (ignoring in some cases the stopwatch for longer poses, etc.),
        I have always been very slow in drawing and I did not respect the stopwatch when I tried sometimes, but over time I would like to do both, acquire skills for short and long drawings.
        however I will update

Anyway their videos I find them well made (really good, I thank them) so comfortable, perfect for gestures, I don’t know why I only tried with photo.

FIGUARY: Figure Drawing Month-DAY 19, 20 and 21

:wave:

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Joe, you really need to sort out your camera. Without dowloading the pics and brightening them its impossible to see what you are drawing. You need to over expose to compensate for the white paper or the camera will just read the white as grey. I know you are working very hard on your art, but we need to be able to see it to comment :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

joe1It

Hi David, thank you very much for seeing (or having tried, sorry), I apologize for the quality of the photos,
            you’re right, I’ll try to redo them, changing lighting because when I do outdoors or with more lamps (more than a year ago I bought a second lamp to use also for photos but I made a mistake buying because it does not tilt + well or is uncomfortable for cable and weight so I forget to use it but now I’d use it waiting to replace it if I solve it) because I think they are better
            I would now do photos 19 and 20, (21 I can’t find it, I still had to trash the attempts and scribbles of the last 2 weeks but I can’t find it)
            I will photograph the new attempts better,
            I wanted to ask you for a favor if possible.
            I would now like to photograph again 19 and 20 and post the photos as they come and even after trying with the gimp changes (I don’t know if when I try with gimp I improve them or not).
            I would like to ask you if when you see them you can tell me then but without haste, if you can if they seem better to you than I had posted before and maybe which ones you prefer, whether with gimp or not.
            So for the next I set and if these won’t come to me decently
            *I still try differently, outdoors or otherwise.
            Thank you very much for your patience. Thanks also for saying that I do art.
            I swear I am working on the last 2, 3 years but I will just scribble on a site that is really full of art and wonderful, but I hope to be able to do something nice in the future, too, I’ll try. Thanks again

Keep at it Joe :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
            Instagram

joe1It

I found them all and re-photographed, I hope they go a little better (I don’t think I managed to take good pictures but I hope they are better).
                for the next ones maybe I’ll try it outdoors.
                Thanks again
                photo no gimp

……………….

modified with gimp (contraction and brightness, perhaps incorrectly)

which of the 2 versions is better?

thank you

llawrence

I think I can actually read the pre-Gimp versions a bit better.

Photographing outdoors is good, but I think it works best on an overcast day (or in the shadow of a building, though they tend to shift blue that way). You might just need to darken some of those lines up a bit to get a good read on them.

joe1It

Thank you, thank you, Llawrence,
                        , then I will pay attention above all to the light (and gimp to darken lines maybe) when I take pictures and try to do them better (before publishing them I thought they were better, sorry).
                        outdoors I actually tried some time ago and as you say too much light is not good, I should look for a place in the open but in the shade.
                        But I will also try darken some of those lines, thank you so much for this suggestion, I hadn’t really thought about it and I didn’t know how to do it, now I’m looking on google for how to do it and next time I will do it I think as you say this should improve (I’m reading on this and indeed the examples show that this would improve a lot)

joe1It

I did 22 and 23
                            I hope the pictures are a little better.
                            These last poses were rather complicated
                            challenging even to see them.:eek: In some I got lost.
                            The models are very good and athletic.

Send photos without changes,

and with the changes to the light more this time I also tried to darken them as llaerence said in case they go better. (but I’m not very practical),
                            anyway I hope they are better attempts than the previous ones. Even these I made inside the house even though trying to illuminate better.

…………….
                            Gimp

I forgot, those of a minute or 2, sometimes I redid them (so I have not really respected time, maybe I would come back, etc)
                            thank you so much for seeing them and for patience.

This is my simple set up for photographing Joe. you always need to overexpose if the background is white as camera auto exposure settings will try to bring it back to 18% grey :)

Instagram

oops double post….

Instagram

lovin art

Well done you !!!! I love the rhythm you are starting to develop in some of these works keep at it … Rome wasn’t built in a day as they like to say 😊heheh , we are constantly learning as artists all of us … 👍

SarahY

You’ve got some really good stuff going on here, lovely rhythm to these drawings!

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                                    \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                                    Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

Joe, you’re going to get there :)

Instagram

joe1It

Thanks, lovin art.
                                        lovin art, Sarahy thank you so much for the kind and motivating words. they make me really happy and motivate me to do more. Thank you

thanks David.

thanks for showing lamps and for clarification. thanks so much for illustration and explanations.
                                        Just a few days ago I bought some black sheets (which I thought I’d try for a while to draw that really intrigued me) then I will also use them as a background.
                                        Thanks again, I’ll try to make better shots.

One last tip if possible.
                                        I have this lamp https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71GYgtsqfZL._SL1001_.jpg.
                                        And another always of this type but a little shorter and flatter and for adjustment and light it works even better and is the one I use when I draw (it is the lamp I had taken for the desk and therefore it is always where I draw).
                                        Even if maybe orienting them differently are these also okay? (maybe if the same is better but comunuqe lamps with led believe that they go well? yes?)

thanks again to everyone

joe1It

I did the 24th.(2b pencil, a4 paper for photocopies)
                                            For the photos I used the 2 lamps and also black sheet.
                                            I tried a couple of placements.
                                            Sending 2 photos without any changes with gimp.

And 2 photo where I used gimp.
                                            * I will practice both things e
                                            I will update the post
                                            thanks

gimp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.