WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#286   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: Official CP Art Exchange Thread - (SIGN UP HERE!)

Reveal day is ALMOST HERE!!!!
  #287   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Berlin, the Capital of Germany

Hails from Germany

Well, yesterday I got a notice from our postman telling me that I have to fetch a letter from the post-office which I did today and - it is the beautiful piece done by Overlord_Kirby! I was so excited to get mail from the States, that I opened it directly after arriving at home.
I could never have done such a wonderful art piece, and I have to look at it again and again - thanks so much for the work which went into the piece, Overlord_Kirby!
  #288   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Ohio

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullahennig
Well, yesterday I got a notice from our postman telling me that I have to fetch a letter from the post-office which I did today and - it is the beautiful piece done by Overlord_Kirby! I was so excited to get mail from the States, that I opened it directly after arriving at home.
I could never have done such a wonderful art piece, and I have to look at it again and again - thanks so much for the work which went into the piece, Overlord_Kirby!

I am so relieved that it made it to you, and before the reveal date! I was started to get really getting worried it got lost. Thank you so much for all of the compliments and I'm glad you like it! This whole exchange has been really fun, and I can't wait to see what everyone else has drawn!
  #289   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

I too am also hoping Aussie Post did their stuff and sent to Canada quickly; but I don't think BlackHorse has got it in time, if at all I sent it the day before post close date, I think.
Oh, I'm sorry Blackhorse, I really, really hope it comes today for you...
cheers
Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operarose
Pam - really hope your work turns up soon. I'd nearly given up hope for mine but it turned up in the end.
  #290   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 AM
PA

Hails from United States

I am so excited for the reveal thread! It's going to like watching everyone open their gifts on Christmas!!

I am throwing out a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Candle for all of the work she did in wrangling this exchange! And yes, in addition to organizing it, there has been some behind-the-scenes wrangling she's needed to do. Managing an exchange of this size takes a bit of work. And Candle has pulled it off beautifully!!

Save

Last edited by ocmd123 : 06-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.
  #291   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 AM

Hails from Canada

Quote:
I too am also hoping Aussie Post did their stuff and sent to Canada quickly; but I don't think BlackHorse has got it in time, if at all I sent it the day before post close date, I think.
Oh, I'm sorry Blackhorse, I really, really hope it comes today for you...
cheers
Donna

Hi Donna,

No, it hasn't arrived, and it won't today as we don't get mail on Saturdays here. I'm really not too surprised as our postal system is a bit hit and miss when it comes to timely delivery, but generally things do get here eventually.

Please, please don't worry about it and do post on the reveal thread - I'll thoroughly enjoy seeing it and will look forward to holding the real thing in my hand when it gets here. Chances are I would have seen an electronic version first anyhow, in the form of a scan done by hubby, as I am not home very much these days - just weekends right now, and not always then.

I am thoroughly looking forward to the reveal thread, and hope that everyone who is still waiting will have their postal service come through for them shortly. This isn't the first exchange of this sort I've participated in, and it seems there are always a few late arrivals - can't be helped, and to me is a very minor hiccup considering how amazing it is to live in a time where we can connect in this way with people all over the globe!
  #292   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Enthusiast

Jazz...I am sure yours hasn't arrived either because I know you would let me know the minute it did! So I would like to do the same...sort of...I will be sending you a replacement piece of art and I will post it on here with the others during the reveal so you can at least see what you get and and will have some representation here as well.

Thanks, Pam
  #293   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmd123
I am so excited for the reveal thread! It's going to like watching everyone open their gifts on Christmas!!

I am throwing out a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Candle for all of the work she did in wrangling this exchange! And yes, in addition to organizing it, there has been some behind-the-scenes wrangling she's needed to do. Managing an exchange of this size takes a bit of work. And Candle has pulled it off beautifully!!

Aw, thank you!
You and Rosemary have put a lot of work into this as well with the "behind the scenes" stuff, so thank YOU!
  #294   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 PM
A Local Legend
Southern Illinois

Hails from United States

nope. You get the credit (blame? ) for this, Candle!

The reveal thread is posted and stickied here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1138762

Can't wait to see all the works-- it's almost like Christmas!

Rosemary

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
  #295   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessDB
nope. You get the credit (blame? ) for this, Candle!

The reveal thread is posted and stickied here: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1138762

Can't wait to see all the works-- it's almost like Christmas!

Rosemary

Thanks! You both have been a joy to work with!
  #296   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast
Grass Valley, CA

Hails from United States

Candle I want to thank you for this wonderful exchange. There is so much fabulous art here and I love looking at all of it. It was also a lot of fun to make something for another artist.
  #297   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeine
Candle I want to thank you for this wonderful exchange. There is so much fabulous art here and I love looking at all of it. It was also a lot of fun to make something for another artist.

You are welcome Clydeine! It was a pleasure.