WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast
Jones County, NC

Hails from United States
Lightbulb WDE January 20-22, 2017: IMAGES HERE!

I am honored and delighted to once again host the WDE for this weekend, January 20th through 22nd. Let's spend time making a little beauty in the world!

First, the guidelines (brief pause while I type this out - copy and paste doesn't want to work...):

I will be posting 16 images for reference. Please wait until all are posted before commenting, to keep the images in a group. Thank you!

Take 30 minutes to choose a reference photo and your medium. All media are allowed: pencil, digital, acrylic, oil, watercolor, ink, pastel, clay, wire, beans... you get the idea. Has anyone done sculpture lately?

Then, for two hours - create! Paint, draw, pixelize - whatever you do, after two hours, STOP! Show us what you've done. Post it in a thread, with a title that includes: WDE, date, and title or description of your work.

Tell us what medium, support, size, and anything else you want to say about your work. Don't be shy - we want to know! If you have a WIP or multiple images, mention that in the title.

If your work is digital, please tell us the program you used, if it's freehand drawing or manipulated image, if you used filters, fabric softener, or if you chain-smoke. Please no one copy and paste my guidelines - I can never get through them without going off script.

If you finish more than one work, put them all together in one thread. Multiple threads will be merged, but I'm not sure how.

WDEs usually run from one Friday to the next - so if you have a work for a WDE that's already done, just note which weekend you're posting for.

Whether or not you participate, please check out the work that other people have posted. Comment and encourage! Unless critique is specifically requested, please refrain. If critique is requested, be nice.

Here we go with the images! All are from the RIL.

Oh... the Challenge. Well, let's do the letter C:
Childhood - use the materials from your younger days to create this weekend. That's right - go get Crayola crayons from your kids or grandkids!
Combine - take elements from two or more references - put them together!
Cartoon - make a cartoon from your reference!
Chicken - yes, add a chicken to your work.

Now, the images: