WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time August 2019

Ok after 2 hours it is not smelling so divine and my eyes are itchy
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 05:25 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, the doll artist/author is Sharon Mitchell. Following her directions I got a really cute face even tho' I didn't use the correct fabric. Her instructions were really clear. Sorry about the herbs in the dehydrator causing smells and itching. I've always dried my herbs in bundles hanging upside-down from something. I do have a rack my late father made for me. But I've also just strung up some clothes line and hung them from there. Tho' I've not tried hanging chives up to dry. Never had enough of them.

No doll news to report. I tried re-starting an exercise program and ended up out of commission with soreness. Couldn't lift my arms up to brush my hair. I only worked out for 3 minutes!?! Soreness is subsiding. Debating if it's worth trying again.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

We put the dehydrator in the shed with a long cord. It is working on drying again.

Exercise should be done very carefully and maybe check out the routine with a physiotherapist?
I usually hang them too. This was supposed to save time and work..... I got it mostly to dry tomatoes and fruits but we don't have tomatoes this year, we have a few green marbles but that is it.
What I really wanted to dry was cranberries because the dried ones have so much sugar added to them .
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2019, 06:01 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, where do you get cranberries fresh? I've only ever seen them canned or dried (with the requisite amount of sugar in both cases). Glad you found a solution for drying herbs that works.

I had the normal chores day yesterday as DH goes back to work tonight. However, I was inspired to try a few things with the doll heads. One fail and one intriguing because it mostly worked. It may be I just need more practice with this needle sculpting stuff. Plan on making more heads to try things.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

All the grocery stores have fresh cranberries from our Thanksgiving in October until after Christmas. Bags and bags of them. They are a Canadian product on the east coast.

One of my teachers said she made balls with just noses or eyes or lips when she was learning, and gave them to the cats to play with.

I had a lovely afternoon getting together with a friend who had moved away and was in town for business reasons, and a bunch of other knitters, at a lovely little cafe. I brought my own food. They did have a gf cooky but the server said they were awful. But the coffee was good.

I made airplane reservations this week, I am going to see my daughter in nova Scotia in October for 3 weeks.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-25-2019, 05:45 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, don't have cats to throw discarded heads to. I just put them in a box for now. I found when I was creating the originals for critters it was helpful to just toss them in a box until I figured everything out. I went back to the box many times to look at "failures". I'm doing the same with doll heads now. Great you were able to see your friend and get together at a cafe. I hear you on bringing your own snack. Hope you will have a lovely trip in October.

Managed another almost head with possibilities. Each one is a learning adventure. It all got put on hold months ago because I couldn't figure out the path to take to make progress. Now that I have a learning path, it's fine.