Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life Echeveria Rondo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    skipstah

Hi there. Here’s a little still life study from last night of an Echeveria Rondo. 6×8 oil on gamblin oil prime canvas board. Still have to tweak it and finish it off tonight.

Any C&c most welcome.

Thanks for lookin’ MIke! :thumbsup:

WEBSITE

Perry

Very nice.
            A nice sense of depth and I like the soft edges.

skipstah

Tried to clean it up a bit more. Not sure how much it helped. :wink2:

WEBSITE

skipstah

Very nice.
                    A nice sense of depth and I like the soft edges.

Thanks Perry!

WEBSITE

Perry

I think making the reflections in the pot a little
                        darker helped.

IronPawn

Nice work! You have a great style Michael. Thanks for your kind comments.

All the best!

Zoran

skipstah

I think making the reflections in the pot a little
                                darker helped.

cheers Perry. I definitely tried to dial the contrast down in those pot reflections.

Nice work! You have a great style Michael. Thanks for your kind comments.

All the best!

Zoran

Thanks Zoran! I’m a fan of your work too, you have great tonal control!

WEBSITE

AllisonR

Love the little bits of cool pinks mixed in with your greens in the plant. Actually I liked the reflections in the pot better in the first version. I’d be interested in knowing what your color palette is and what you used to mix the greens. The greens are a beautiful cool in some areas and then warmer in others. Works very well.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                                    skipstah

Love the little bits of cool pinks mixed in with your greens in the plant. Actually I liked the reflections in the pot better in the first version. I’d be interested in knowing what your color palette is and what you used to mix the greens. The greens are a beautiful cool in some areas and then warmer in others. Works very well.

Thanks Allison. I struggles to get those pinkish tones near the base of the top leaves!! It’s one of the things I found really beautiful about this little succulent. I think I would agree with you about the reflects in the first version also. I didn’t change it a ton in the second pass… but did darken a few things throughout the picture.. which in turn makes the camera act differently somehow. Still trying to figure that one out!! lol Change one area.. makes another area look different!!??!!? such is the struggle of painting! Thanks for the honest crit!

cheers Mike

WEBSITE

Tevriala

beautiful colors, i love it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.