Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    IsobelW

Haven’t posted here for a while:lol: This picture is a second try of one I did not long ago, slightly different (I threw in an airship just for fun:lol:) I am thinking of adding colour (water colour or gouache probably, I havene’t the nerve to try digital) But I am not very good with colouring, and I am worried it might ruin the drawing. Otherwise, I might just add more solid black to the sky. What do you think?

If you play around with it digitally you won’t ruin the original. It is a good drawing on it’s own though.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

IsobelW

Thanks for taking the time to reply! You are right, I could keep the original (I should have remembered that:o) and it might be fun:lol:.

Attalus

Very orcish face. Are you going to colorize it? What color is the orc gonna be?

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

IsobelW

Hi Attalus! I think I might add colour. Trying to learn photoshop but not having much luck. The orc will probably be purple.

Attalus

Purple is good, but green is always a propos with Orcs. :)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

IsobelW

I could make him green:lol:. Still experimenting with colours

Attalus

I could make him green:lol:. Still experimenting with colours

Well, don’t keep us in the dark! :clear:

IsobelW

Coloured with a mouse on photoshop. This is my first attempt at completely digital colouring so it was quite a learning experience. Suggestions welcome!

talisman

Looks great!
                                        I like the flaming smoky background.
                                        The Orc looks good, however the white on his forward hand is a bit distracting as it’s in a shadow part.
                                        I don’t do digital so no advice on anything there.
                                        Thanks for posting and if you do any updates post them also!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                        C and C always welcome.
                                        My DeviantArt Gallery

IsobelW

Thanks Talisman! I took out the white.

Looks good. There is a lot to learn with digital because there are so many ways of doing things. You have to take some time to learn about the tools and decide how you like use them.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                            Every painting is a new adventure.

IsobelW

Thanks Lavendarfrost! I will probably experiment with different media. Digital is good because I do not have to worry about using too much water to clean brushes (heavy water restrictions here) but you are right, there is a lot to learn.

That looks good!

You could also print our your design on watercolor paper and experiment with colors on the printed wc paper. (be sure to check if your printer can handle thick paper though or you could wreck it)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                                Find me on Instagram
                                                Find me on Facebook

talisman

I can see where water would be an issue so good luck in whatever you do.

The update on the orc looks great!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                                    C and C always welcome.
                                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.