Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art pathfinder spell cards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So, my main form of artistic expression over the past year have been the art for these spellcards. I got the idea from a dnd podcast I listen to and loooove them. Seriously couldnt survive the game using just a list! So I figured I would share them with you guys! Thus far theyre all watercolor.
    I started these before I reaaaally needed them, with my Catfolk rogue, Kaperna.

Ill upload more from Kaperna’s repetoire later. Apparently the selector wont let me go into seperate folders on my phone…

Nice.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
    Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

Cool!
        I like these type of cards, I play a game Talisman.
        It has decks and decks of great cards, I even made up tons of my own.

Welcome to WC! and the Fantasy and Sci-Fi area!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Attalus

Is this for a Magic:The Gathering type game? Nice work

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Is this for a [I]Magic:The Gathering[/I] type game? Nice work

Pathfinder is basically Dungeons and Dragons only a different universe, and a bit more streamlined. Cards are not actually used at all in the game typically, but instead you make a list of your abilities, and in the case of a spellcaster, your spells. I just find a list is too hard to find what I want quickly and this was my solution to that problem. But it is similar to Magic: the Gathering in that it is a fantasy world setting.

Attalus

Pathfinder is basically Dungeons and Dragons only a different universe, and a bit more streamlined. Cards are not actually used at all in the game typically, but instead you make a list of your abilities, and in the case of a spellcaster, your spells. I just find a list is too hard to find what I want quickly and this was my solution to that problem. But it is similar to Magic: the Gathering in that it is a fantasy world setting.

Cool. I am now playing with my gf and a friend a multiplayer computer game called Throne of Bhaal, and we have two characters each. Mine are a Paladin (named Attalus, natch) and a mage named Galadria. She has so many spells that I have to scroll through them every time I want to cast something besides Magic Missile. Cards would help, I bet. Anyway, have fun!

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

That’s a clever way to keep track instead of lists. So creative too!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Cool. I am now playing with my gf and a friend a multiplayer computer game called [I]Throne of Bhaal[/I], and we have two characters each. Mine are a Paladin (named Attalus, natch) and a mage named Galadria. She has so many spells that I have to scroll through them every time I want to cast something besides Magic Missile. Cards would help, I bet. Anyway, have fun!

Haha yeah been there. Pathfinder is all played with paper and pencil (our DM doesn’t bother with detailed maps or miniatures, just remembers where we say we are) So it’s not even like scrolling through the list. It’d be just… 5 sheets of paper with spell names. We’re only level six and Kaperna, my rogue, doesn’t have much in the way of skills or items that need cards, but my witch Omylia has over 20 spells and special skills/immunities cards already… And we’ve been told we need to be at least lv 17-20 for the end game soooo… I have a lot of paintings/cards to do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.