WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > The WC News Digest
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Immortalized
in a cozy house next to a lovely forest

Arrow Join us for painting/drawing from the same reference

Please join us in the portraiture forum to draw/paint from the same reference. This will be a great thread if you are just beginning in portraiture, or if you want to improve your skills, or just have fun! It will be very interesting to see how different artists interpret the same reference.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239890

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
~Vincent Van Gogh
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Brighton,UK.

Hails from England
Re: Join us in painting and drawing from the same reference in the portrait forum!

Hello EIleen, I am a Newbie and would like to participate in the painting and drawing from the same reference in the portrait forum. Is it permissable to download the portrait of the child shown, or do I apply for a copy? Please advise. Thank you. Pam.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Immortalized

Re: Join us in painting and drawing from the same reference in the portrait forum!

Hello, and welcome, Pam! Yes, you may print out the photo. We will look forward to seeing you post your work. You may post your work in progress or the finished piece in the thread. Thanks for joining in!

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
~Vincent Van Gogh
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Hails from United States
Talking Re: Join us in painting and drawing from the same reference in the portrait forum!

How fun! I haven't done many portraits, so this will be great for "brushing" up...and I can't wait to see all the other interpretations!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Immortalized

It'll be great to have you join us, Chrys! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

~Vincent Van Gogh
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Brighton,UK.

Hails from England

I have just finished drawing the reference picture onto canvas and would like to post it to this forum.Can you tell me how to make sure it goes to the right place as the last one didn't. I am fairly new to the computer. Thanks Pam.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Immortalized

Pam, post it in this thread:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239890

If you need information about how to post an image, check out this thread:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/44487/496/

Let me know if you have any questions.

~Vincent Van Gogh
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Alabama

Hails from United States

With much trepidation I'm going to jump in here with my attempt (if I can figure out this uploading business). This is done with charcoal on grey cansom MiTiente and is definitely a WIP at the moment. Size is 8 1/2 x 11, give or take a little. The likeness will come and go for a while until I finish getting all the shapes right. I'll be interested in comments - it takes a bit of courage to jump out in front of all the talented folks. I've been lurking for a while and find this whole idea very challenging and can't wait to see all the other works.
Regards,
Mary Johnson
Attached Images

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Immortalized

Mary, this is wonderful! I see that you have already posted it to the project thread. It's great to have you participating!

~Vincent Van Gogh