Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art June 2018, Challenge and Small Talk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Come join us! Using the following photos create a piece of art and then share it with us in this thread or simply come in and have a chat, comment on the artworks, show us what you’re up to or share your own snapshots.

The guidelines for the Challenge are simple.

All works must be within the size guidelines of the Miniature forum.

You can use any medium with the exception of photography. Digital art is welcome.

All schools of painting from abstract to realism are welcome.

You may crop, edit, combine or alter the images in any way you’d like.
    Please tell us the medium, size and support when you share your images.

Artists of all levels of expertise are encouraged and welcome.

Thank you to all the members who contribute to the Reference Image Library (RIL)[/URL].

Be creative and enjoy!

If you would like to host a month, please pm Virginia (vmrs).

All photos this month were taken by me at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.

Leopard

Weaverbird

Lowland Gorilla

Pink Spoonbill

Crocodile

Redheaded little girl (isn’t she adorable!)

Looking forward to seeing your art. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

It’s not June 1st quite yet here, but it is somewhere so I’m putting this up a bit early. :)

Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Good ones, Virginia!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Nice choices Virginia, that little girl is so cute, will pick some.

LIL

Thanks! She was looking at penguins. She was so interested in them. It made me laugh watching her.

Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

artist123

good choices. I’ve been busy traveling and not much time to paint. I got a few watercolors done while I was in Vegas. Foundmy hockey team. Golden Knights. Neice got married in Vegas, Daughter will have her graduation there next weekend but its the same day as Granddaughters graduation in Grans Pass. Mil’s not doing well-Had stroke 2 weeks ago and is in rehab. Less than a week home and got to go again. Unpack so I can pack. When we get home from the graduation same thing unpack and pack for DH”s class reunion. Then company and after that family reunion. I need my son’s fifth wheel with the toy hauler so I can use it for a traveling art studio.
        I’m worried about MIL she’s 99.

Wow, that’s a heck of a schedule! I hope there’s some time in there for you to take a rest now and then.

Hope your MIL is okay. My Mom just came home from six months in the hospital. (she had her leg amputated).

Congrats to the newlyweds and grads!

My son broke his elbow, he hit a crack on his bike and flipped over. He’s okay. The cast is an awkward one.

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Lovely photos, Virginia! My take on the silverback, about 7×5, pen, wc and white ac

Christel

That’s great Christel, you captured it very well.

LIL

Wow Mary, I’m exhausted just reading about your hectic life right now. Try to get some rest somehow! Best wishes for your MIL’s health.

Virginia, sorry to hear of your mother’s operation and hope she will recover, and hope your son does okay.

Christel, your silverback is outstanding! Pen w/ watercolor is one of my faves.

I have the bird sketched but no paint applied yet, maybe today. My studio ceiling no longer has a gaping hole from the air conditioner leak, but the guy painted the sheetrock a different color. Eeek!!!!

Kay

Here’s the weaver bird 6×6 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper just done today:

Kay

Those are both so beautiful!

I loved the gorillas, she knew I was taking her photo and she was playing with me. Such an amazing animal. You did her justice, Christel!

Those weaver birds are so pretty, I like how you did the background, it sets his yellow off very well. They work so hard on those nests but if the female isn’t happy with it, she goes clip clip and cuts it down!

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Thanks Lil, Kay and Virginia!
        Love the weaver bird. Have you seen some weird nests made by the birds yet? Those are made by young birds learning how to build nests. No wonder they have to be inspected first too, lol.

Christel

Thanks!!!
        Nest inspection! Now that’s a new thing for sure.

Kay

Kay, As always I’m impressed with your artwork and the weaver bird is great.
        Here is my attempt at the little girl in watercolor with touches of the Pitt pen.
        Will try the weaver bird also.

LIL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.