Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Your Best Work for this Forum for 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Yes it’s that time again – time to post what you consider was your BEST WORK WHICH YOU POSTED IN THIS ANIMAL & WILDLIFE FORUM FOR THE 2017 YEAR

You can post ONE painting/drawing only and please tell us why you like this painting/drawing best out of those you posted to; THE ANIMAL & WILDLIFE FORUM FOR 2017
    [/SIZE]

Don’t forget to add your link to your original post and for those who want to post their favorite artwork from the 2017 Challenges, you will find all the links to the Challenges – in the General Reference Section up top in our Sub-Forum. Triduana has very kindly added them there for us. Thank you so much KayM. :thumbsup:

NO COMMENTS ON MEMBERS POSTS PLEASE, as THIS IS ANIMAL & WILDLIFE’S ART SHOW FOR 2017

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Here’s mine. Most of my artwork for 2017 in this Forum was painted for the “Feathers, Fur & Scales” Monthly Challenges.

I’ve chosen this painting mainly because I love elephants, and I was happy the way this baby elephant painting turned out. Look at all those baby wrinkles! This was from the September 2017 Challenge

23cm x 20cm – watercolor & pen & Ink

Link to the September Challenge;
    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433444&page=8

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

This is an unfinished stage of a portrait of “Dave”. I hadn’t tried many dog portraits in coloured pencils (on a sanded paper) and liked this stage of the portrait.

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Last year wasn’t my most productive art-wise, due to moving house and work demands. I only managed a small number of the A&W challenges. this is the one I’m choosing, from the October challenge hosted by djbuds:

It isn’t one of my better paintings but I really enjoyed this one. As I was painting I kept changing my mind on how I wanted the flower to look, so in the end it turned out not how I was expecting!

Link to challenge

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

George Sonner

I would say this Zebra was one of my best drawings on this forum in 2017, although I have a few others close. Since I just started this art world in 2017 this site and group have helped me progress with this new found hobby.

SnapV

Here is mine. It’s a chameleon I had drawn in Neocolor I and II and Prismacolor Art Stix. I think that it’s the piece I’ve had the most fun with in 2017 and I really like the result :)

Here is the thread:
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437830&highlight=chameleon

And here is the chameleon:

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

Bigfoot

Managed to do a couple this past year, but this is my wife’s favorite. Painting a thing sometimes isn’t terribly difficult, but painting a thing to convey form, color and light is really hard. The top Goose is one of my better attempts at achieving an interesting focal point by using color and light.

here
                    Parrots are one of my favorite birds and these turned out quite well.

Christel

Skappy

This is a sri Lankan leopard from my own reference pastel on pastelat 50 x 70 cm You can notice a little diference with the original post it is because it has been edited after posting and I didn t want to cluter the site by reposting it

I didn’t do many animal and wildlife paintings in 2017, but I think this is my favorite. I did it from a photo that I took in one of my local parks, which I was pretty lucky with capturing, I walked through the gates into the park with my camera at the ready and there it was, about 10 feet away from me.
                        The idea of the painting was to make the background really blurry, the mid-ground less blurry and the foreground as sharp as I could get it in order to create sense of depth, I ended up spending more time painting the details on waste bin than on anything else.

jonc50
                            jonc50

jonc50

This was one of my larger works with the rest being small birds with less background detail.

fedetony

This was a good year for me, was difficult to select one, yet the Barn Owl is one which every time I see it hanged on the wall I really like the way it looks… :)..
                                        Here a scanned version of it:

here the thread

Bristol Paper, A3 size Graphite and Charcoal.

Federico Garcia
                                        My Blog
                                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

This is Midget, my lap kitty, who was adopted in 2011. It’s my favorite painting as she is my most loving adopted/rescue cat of four. Watercolor 11×15 and original post is HERE :cat:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.