Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this.
I was happy with the cat, so after the masking dried, I added color to the pillow using a mixture of Perylene maroon and Anthequinode red. When that dried I added a light glaze of French UB.
Once the pillow color was there, the pale color under the cat didn't look right, so I decided to add the kilim on the floor under him.
I realized that may have been a BIG mistake, but decided to go ahead and finish the painting and learn what I could before trying it again in the future.
I removed the masking from the pillow, deepened the colors in the kilim, and used some Daler Rowney white to bring out some of the figures in it.
I darkened the color on the cat's back with several glazes, added the pink and green and black (mix of burnt umber + FUB) in the pillow figures. Gave him some whiskers with the white paint and called it finished.
I plan to redo him because I love the reference image, but I learned a lot doing this one — mainly to plan ahead not just wing it in the painting process.