Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Darkroom Challenge # 42, COLOR, Jan 28 – Feb 10, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

WC Darkroom Topic Challenge (C&C’s encouraged but not required)

Topic : Color
    This week we are going to go look for color. This theme could be shot many different ways, and there will be subjects everywhere you look. You can pick your favorite color and have your image be composed basically of that color. Or you may discover objects that contain a variety of color, like a stained glass church window,[/COLOR] all the color of the spectrum viewed through a prism, a pile of colored pencils, a ceremonial head dress, etc. Whatever your subject, we are looking for intense, rich, eye-popping colors AND LOTS OF THEM[/U].[/COLOR][/COLOR] [/SIZE]

This Challenge will end February 10, 2018

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the DARKROOM.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Darkroom Forum, Comments and Critiques are allowed and encouraged but not mandatory. Anyone, regardless of experience, can offer his/her reaction to a photo, because most of those posting in the Darkroom would appreciate your C&C.
    7) Please keep comments and critiques constructive.
    8) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

fun!

Anonymous

So you want CO[/COLOR]LO[/COLOR]R?

I can do that…

Here we go
            “Colors are the smiles of Nature” (Leigh Hunt)
            The sunkissed shades of peach petals sure are making me smile. :smug:
            A very nice fill-the-frame Squared crop with lots of pop!
            Thanks for the great start, Dave.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Thread leftovers

Anonymous

Thanks Lorell. Just another shot found in the front yard. Mother Nature produced some nice colors for me.

Your spools – now THOSE are wonderfully over-the-top colorful. For most photos the treatment would be too much, but it seems spot on for your subject – good artistic judgement, milady. Another square crop (which I think are underappreciated), and well-composed as usual. And I like how the rich yellow turns into emerald green.

Nicely done. :thumbsup:

Irishwhistler

Lorell,
                    I echo Dave’s enthusiastic appreciation of ye photo. A beautiful composition. 👍

Mike🍀

Thank you Mike and Dave.
                    I set this up using natural light coming in through the bedroom window. When I added the “preset” from Topaz Studio, I knew I liked the result and didn’t think twice about using it.
                    Lorell

Irishwhistler

[ATTACH]854122[/ATTACH]
                        Irishwhistler 🍀

maryinasia

love these!

Little Red Caboose

Irishwhistler

Little Red Caboose
                                [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/30-Jan-2018/214872-Color,_Caboose.jpg[/IMG]

Lorell,
                                Love ye caboose.:lol: :thumbsup:

Mikey🍀

Your colorful basket of mums, Mike, reminded me of the colors in the trains caboose.

I am enjoying this thread very much and hope that many more share their colorful images.

Irishwhistler

Lorell,
                                    Thanks much in the mums.:thumbsup:

Mikey🍀

Irishwhistler

“COLORS IN THE MIST”
                                        [ATTACH]854187[/ATTACH]

Irishwhistler 🍀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.