Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Merethe T

Hi all! :wave:

Well, it’s been a long time, hasn’t it…it’s been a long time since I painted with my pastels too, been busy doing other things. I have always wanted to go to art school and finally got the chance to take some art classes, and soft pastels wasn’t part of the assignments there. Most of my work the last couple of years has been acrylics, linoprints, drawing and watercolors, and now I have taken to oil painting as well. It is fun, I find it both challenging and satisfying to work in other mediums, but I guess pastels is my true love so I came back to them again. It feels like coming home :).

I thought I’d stop by and say hi, I still lurk around here all the time, so I thought I’d share my latest work with you. Playing with subject matter, so this is a “test drive” I did for myself to see how it ended up. This is my usual assortment of Faber Castell, Terry Ludwig, Giraults (among others) and pastel pencils on La Carte, 9×12″.

neelhtaky

Wow this absolutely amazing Merethe. I really adore the waves and spray that overflow like steam. The colors as well are really nice, like the subtle warm pinks and yellows on the rims of the cup and plate. Very well done! I’m so glad you shared.

pastellar

Merethe, it’s so lovely to see you back here again!:wave: I haven’t posted in many a year, but have often looked in. Many “old” posters seem to have disappeared, and are sadly missed, so seeing your post was a real treat. And your “Strong coffee” is such a treat to see – you certainly haven’t lost your touch.
                I have had a long hiatus in painting, and promised myself I would get back to it, but it hasn’t happened yet…
                I look forward to seeing you post more work in the future, you will, won’t you?

water girl

Merethe you have been missed. Before I even clicked on this thread, I was smiling. Welcome back! Congratulations on stepping out and creating with other mediums. This is such a wonderful painting, in so many ways. You have composition, color, motion and story, all in one little cup.:lol: More please! :angel:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Arsinoé

I can only say wow!

http://www.annaigart.blogspot.com
                        It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information. - Oscar Wilde

Katiepea

Merthe, when starting out with pastels several years ago I used to adore looking at all your paintings that you would post here on Wetcanvas. You were very inspiring and it was something to aspire to.

It was so wonderful to visit here today and see you’ve posted a new work. Amazing and thought provoking! I do hope to see more of your work in the future! Regardless, it’s lovely to learn that you haven’t abandoned art, merely explored and studied the form at a deeper and broader level.

Don Ketchek

Merethe, So glad you stopped by! We have missed you! What an absolutely wonderful painting! Hopefully, we’ll be seeing more in the future!

Don

Merethe great to see your work again. This is a real treat to us again. I remember very well to see your hyperrealistic work with the eggs!
                                Welcome back!

chuas2

Fantastic work, Merethe! I’m so glad to see your work again. Have you posted any of your oils or watercolors in the galleries there? I’d love to see your work with different mediums!
                                    Kris

It is stunningly beautiful.
                                    Very innovative. Congrats

PeggyB

In a word – Wow! Impressive use of almost monochromatic color, and interesting way to present an otherwise common stilllife subject.

Peggy Braeutigam, IAPS/MC
                                        www.peggybraeutigam.com

Donna T

This is wonderful, Merethe! So nice to see your work here again!

Donna
                                            C&C Always Welcome

Srineet

This is amazing. The style is very clear and crisp, and the idea and composition of storm in a teacup is very fascinating.

– Srineet.

Frances Obie

So glad to see you here again Merethe! What a beautifully imaginative interpretation…and so well done!

Frances

My Web Site
                                                    mercbill

Merethe, great painting. I have also been away for over a year dealing with my fathers illness, he passed 2/2. I feel I need to get back to my art now. Bill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.