Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Stillman and Birn Samples

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    doug105

Hey Guys,

A couple of months ago, someone posted that S&B was giving out
        samples of their different journal papers.

I was wondering if anyone knows if that offer is still in effect.
        I had sent in a request, and never heard from them. And of course
        I lost the link.

Thanks

DougN

Studio-1-F

Here is their contact info: http://www.stillmanandbirn.com/contact.html

doug105

Thanks for the link, Studio…..I tried again……We’ll See……

DougN

Doug,

We’re happy to send you a packet of paper samples. Please write to us with your mailing address to: [EMAIL=”[email protected]][email protected][/EMAIL].

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Kalman
                Stillman & Birn

doug105

Now Im feelin’ the luv!

Request is IN!

Thanks

DougN

doug105

The Pack of sample papers come in yesterday>Yowza! This is some nice looking stuff. I’ll just stare at it for a while! There was even a little personal note from Michael (owner/bossman?)….Without even trying it yet, I know I’ll be getting one or ten of these.

Now I see why they do the sample packs….the stuff sells itself!

Thanks,

DougN

CandAlArt

O good, I sent my request May 6, so I will be patient…..

Candace
                            Runs With Scissors

Miatagrrl

Michael, are you still listening? I heard the exciting news that the Delta/Beta papers will soon be available in hardbound! But I didn’t see the official announcement. Any idea when they’ll hit the market? I can hardly believe that a heavy paper like that can be stitched, but I’m thrilled to hear it! Will the binding be flexible enough to bend backwards, just like the Alpha/Gamma hardbounds?

- Tina

Fueled by Clouds & Coffee
                                http://tina-koyama.blogspot.com/

CandAlArt

I just posted my thanks in Sketchbook Reviews thread for my sample!!!! Michael is the best (like his sketchbooks).

Candace
                                    Runs With Scissors

Michael, are you still listening? I heard the exciting news that the Delta/Beta papers will soon be available in hardbound! But I didn’t see the official announcement. Any idea when they’ll hit the market? I can hardly believe that a heavy paper like that can be stitched, but I’m thrilled to hear it! Will the binding be flexible enough to bend backwards, just like the Alpha/Gamma hardbounds?

Hi Tina,
                                    We actually posted the announcement on our Facebook page here: http://on.fb.me/Knswnv We expect these to be available in July. We showed the first prototypes at the NAMTA trade show two weeks ago and got major thumbs up from everyone. Because the sewing of the signatures has to be in very small batches, the book opens completely flat even without breaking in. Thanks much for your interest.
                                    Michael

Michael Kalman
                                    Stillman & Birn

Miatagrrl

Thank you for your response, Michael! Very exciting news, especially about the binding — will be looking for them in July!

- Tina

Fueled by Clouds & Coffee
                                        http://tina-koyama.blogspot.com/

eyepaint

Hi Tina,
                                            We actually posted the announcement on our Facebook page here: [URL]http://on.fb.me/Knswnv[/URL] We expect these to be available in July. We showed the first prototypes at the NAMTA trade show two weeks ago and got major thumbs up from everyone. Because the sewing of the signatures has to be in very small batches, the book opens completely flat even without breaking in. Thanks much for your interest.
                                            Michael

Oh yay! yay! yay!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.