WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Immortalized
in a cozy house next to a lovely forest

Re: Paint/draw from the same reference - March 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingguilty
I decided to give it a go again. This time I did it in pencil. I think I mucked up his eyes? This was fun to do. I hope it gets done again.
feeling guilty. It seems you get lots of people drawing on this and I have enjoyed following the threads.

Nice work on this! You have captured the dignity of this gentleman very well. We have a new thread up for April, and I hope you will join us!

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
~Vincent Van Gogh
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Canada Vancouver

Hails from Canada
Lightbulb Re: Paint/draw from the same reference - March 2005

Thanks for the feedback. I sort of spoke stream of consciousness yesterday. I must say this is a neat idea and I will definitely participate in April's drawing. I have passed this site on to a number of my friends
Thanks again. I see a lot of talent out there.
Feeling guilty
  #138   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast
North Central Florida

Hails from United States
Smile Re: Paint/draw from the same reference - March 2005

Hi
Thanks for the cool color suggestion. I added what I think are cool colors. I am not sure about color yet. I tried to put darker colors around the eyes. I don't want to mess it up, sooo... I am calling it done and moving on.
Now, on to April's reference photo.
Andagail
Attached Images

#139   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Clarksburg, West Virginia, USA

Hails from United States

I'm finally finished. Whew!! About 30 hours in it. Colored pencil, Red Strathmore paper, appx. 9 x 12. While adjusting the colors to look more like the original, I think I got the skintone a touch more green than it is. The lighting in my computer room is awful. lol
C&C's always welcome!
Belinda
Attached Images

Last edited by AuntBe1 : 04-03-2005 at 01:06 PM.
  #140   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Immortalized

Andagail! Terrific work! You must be so pleased with how this came out! Can't wait to see what you will do with April's references.

Belinda, fabulous! You make me want to reach out and touch that scarf, the texture is so amazing. You have brought this lady to life with your portrait.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
~Vincent Van Gogh
  #141   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Thank you Eileen! I've started working on the April project and can't wait to see everyone's entries. I just hope it doesn't take me more than a month to do it. lol
Anda, I think you've successfully moved the bg to the bg. Great job. Now get started on April!! lol Aren't these fun? I've learned so much here.
Belinda
  #142   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM

Eileen, Thanks for good advice. I'm working on the right side of his face. I am also working on his eyes.
Belinda, your work is impeccable Let's compete on April's! Regarding the large eye, I've attached the left eye together with a possible revision. If you think it isn't still proper, draw on the picture, else I will assume it is proper. I am thinking of posting this drawing to CP forum to get advices on the background items. After I get all the hints, I will start my last touch on this.
Everyone else, I enjoyed your company and awesome works.
Saeed
Attached Images

#143   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United States

Hi Saeed! I think that this is a better size. It's hard to tell when I can't see the whole face with it. If you looked at the ref photo and did this, then I'm sure it's fine. You'll find a whole lot of help with your bg on the Colored Pencil forum. BG are difficult for me. It took me a week just to get up the courage to do the bg on mine, but they encouraged me and helped me out quite a bit. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Compete on Aprils? I'm not very fast. I'm just hoping I get it done this time before May rolls around.
Have a wonderful day!
Belinda
  #144   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2005, 09:35 AM

Hi. Thought post the last version of my painting. The eyes, the wall and the right side of subject's face are revised. Thanks to everyone especially Belinda, Eileen and all who have guided me so far.
Although I am exhausted to death of revising things, C&C's are still welcomed

Saeed
  #145   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Immortalized

Saeed, this is a knockout!

You have really enhanced this with your changes. Nice brickwork - thanks for the close ups. Your work just keeps getting better and better!

~Vincent Van Gogh
  #146   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2005, 11:36 PM

Eileen, it is no secret that a great part of my improvement is because of your thoughtful hints and critiques. Thank you.
Saeed