WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia
Re: The 15th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap -- Pairing, Sharing & Painting Thread

Good job. Even in the so cold ugly stage these are terrific. No ugliness seen on this side. Iím still deciding on medium so Iím going to have 3 in the starting stage just to see how I go and will drop the other 2 along the way. This way I wonít fall behind. So far this one is winning at the moment. Watercolour with the aid of prismacolor pencils. A4 paper.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 10:17 PM
North Carolina

Hails from United States
Re: The 15th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap -- Pairing, Sharing & Painting Thread

Wow, Deanna, that's great. I will really enjoy this and will be using is as my avatar. I have three others drawn by swap partners I use as well.
I processed your photo tonight and will get started on it tomorrow. I brought up the shadows and warmed it up overall. The photo background is grey but i will add a hint of green to it in the traditional way. I am a little slower than you so bear with me.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

Ricky, the size is fine. The hair looks great, too. Maybe you can keep it that way. LOL! Just kidding!!! LOL!

Everyone is doing great work so far. This is fun. :-)
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:29 AM
Enthusiast
Outside of Darwin Northern Territory

Hails from Australia

Transferred the image to pastelmat, now to start with pastel.
I'm glad you like my sketch Mike, the pressure is on now, it has to be good enough for your avatar 😂

"You can own the Earth and still, all you own is earth untill, you can paint with all the colours of the wind." Disney's Pocohontas.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast
Woburn, Massachusetts

Hails from United States

SAndypp: looks great so far! Is this watercolor or pastel? I love it so far. Canít wait to see this develop.

Dea: Is pastelmat similar to mattboard? Iím looking forward to seeing more.

Everyone is doing such a great job and I hope everyone is having fun. These are all going to be great.

Iíll be posting an update on Humburgerís portrait later this evening, Iím hoping to have her nose and mouth completed.

- Ricky
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:21 PM
North Carolina

Hails from United States

Here is the drawup of Dea. It does not look like much now but I can paint from this. 8x10. Technical errors have made it a real hassle to post here. I probably won't have much more to say until I wrestle the finished product into place.

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

Iíve started but have wiped it out several times. Still working on Sandraís Portrait. Maybe blue to post something in a day or two.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Thank you Ricky. To answer your question, itís watercolour with hints of prismacolor pencils. Floblue, donít stress, if itís the photos that are not working let me know and I can send something different. I must admit itís very nice to see how everyone approaches their portraits. Iím learning a lot already. Big hug everyone.

http://Sandrakatich.shutterfly.com
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Enthusiast

Sandra,
Iím not stressed. Just decided to go with digital instead of the oils. Still have some touch ups to do but they are pretty much finished. Have to resize them to post them.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Enthusiast

Hereís my attempts at Sandraís portraits. Still have a little bit of work to do on them.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 03:52 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Exquisite Floblue. You certainly have captured me. First time I see in paint? I like it. 🙂
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:50 AM
Melbourne Australia

Hails from Australia

I hope the images are not too big - if they are - OOPS - sorry !!

Hi Everyone - Im the new kid on the block ( must be a big block stretching from Canada to Australia) anyway I'm not too sure of the protocol but I started my Amai portrait so I think Ill talk you through where I am up to - I usually paint over the portrait twice and then do a final fixup on the third round - So here is part of step one

1- I did the initial drawing - tried to be as accurate as possible

2 Next step is to paint in the dark areas - with a mixture of Ultm blue and Burnt Sienna (with at times some Cad Red Medium)

3 - my last step today was putting some initial careful color in - I use a limited palate

hope this posts ok
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

Arthur it is beautiful, like it a lot.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Wow this is beautiful. Love your work in progress thank you so much for showing us so far. Big congrats from my part.

http://Sandrakatich.shutterfly.com
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Melbourne Australia

Hails from Australia

Thanks