WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#181   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast
Woburn, Massachusetts

Hails from United States
Re: The 15th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap -- Pairing, Sharing & Painting Thread

Arthur: thank you for your support and encouragement. It took me awhile to get out of my own way and just enjoy the process. I am so passionate about drawing I want each piece to be a celebration of my subject. At first I was intimidated, feeling like I bit off more than I could chew. But once I stopped worrying and started having fun, I just got into a rhythm.

floblue: thank you so much!!!

Ginny: I'm so glad you got the portrait, I hope you like it. I wanted to create something special, especially after the beautiful portrait you did of me. I'm sorry it took so long, I was a little intimidated, scared, nervous, had panic attacks in the beginning....and I don't know why. I love drawing and love drawing people most of all. I guess I feel into the trap of wanting to draw like my artistic heroes. I forgot that I can't draw like anyone but myself. No matter how much I master a technique, my work won't look like anyone elses but my own. It wasn't until I went back to basics and remembered that lesson, that I really started believing that I could do it.

Thank you again everyone for the support, encouragement, and kind words; and most of all your patience with me. I'm sorry it took so long for me to complete Ginny's portrait. I hope to continue participating in the group and learning from all of you and growing as an artist. I put so much pressure on myself because I want my drawings to be more than just lines on a piece of paper, I want my drawings to be a celebration of life.

-Ricky
  #182   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States
Re: The 15th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap -- Pairing, Sharing & Painting Thread

Okay, here is my photo. Thanks, again, Ricky. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

#183   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast
Woburn, Massachusetts

Hails from United States

Aww, thank you Ginny for posting this. I hope you do like it, I hope I captured YOU.

-Ricky 😊
  #184   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:58 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Wow excellent work. Wow that arrived super fast!!!! Are you guys neighbours? Glad it all worked out in the end.
  #185   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:16 PM
WC! Guide
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Bravo, all!
Such wonderful work by you all!
Thanks so much for participating, being so enthusiastic and for doing such great work!
  #186   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Enthusiast
Outside of Darwin Northern Territory

Hails from Australia

My portrait arrived from Mike, I think it got held up by the Australia Day public holiday, its great I really like the skin tones they look so simple ( I bet they weren’t though) and beautiful.
Thanks Mike a brilliant addition to my portrait swap collection 😀

"You can own the Earth and still, all you own is earth untill, you can paint with all the colours of the wind." Disney's Pocohontas.

Last edited by bethanyt : 01-30-2019 at 04:25 AM.
  #187   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2019, 05:58 AM
A WC! Legend

Beautiful!
  #188   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2019, 07:37 PM
North Carolina

Hails from United States

I am so glad it arrived in good condition and I am very glad that you like it. I think this challenge is a lot of fun and I look forward to it each year. Best wishes to everyone.