WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia
Meanwhile . . . Brains . . . his keen eye surveying the dining room, notices many of the tables are empty . . is it that the other guests know what perils lie ahead? . . or is it that they are still checking in??

He finishes talking to his cufflink and looks for more enlightehing conversation . . . he reaches into the breast pocket of his jacket and pulls out a sleek gold cigarette case. The inscription is the same as that on the cufflinks . . "CB". He flicks it open with the dexterity of a magician and in his soothing voice says "can I interest you in a cigarette TeAnne??

TeAnne glances at the familiar figure "Hello there Brains . . .why no thank you . . you know I don't smoke".

"Oh but I think you might like this particular brand . . . " On closer inspection TeAnne notices the the cigarette case contains only a folded piece of raw siennea paper. A note . . .what could it be? Her delicate hand reaches over to take it and slides it back under the table. She reads.

Brains then looks to Paitergirl sitting beside him and notices she's reading under the table too . .a dictionary . .opened at "JIB". Could this be a signal?

He raises one eyebrow, sips his freshly made Martini and whispers to Paintergirl "Sorry 'bout that before but I think I'm being followed". Paintergirl looks shocked, but Brains keeps his cool "take it easy Paintergirl . . . don't look suspicious".

"Followed? . . . but. . .but . . . by who?" Paintergirl enquires.

"See . . . behind me . . . leaning on the highly polished brass bar"

Paintergirl leans closer to Brains in order to look over his shoulder . . . they're almost cheek to cheek now . . . her heart pounding . . she's never been this close to Brains . . . she catches a whiff of his aftershave and almost melts . . . but knowing she must control her feminine urges she peers over his shoulder at the voluptuous brunette at the highly polished brass bar. . . long slender legs, red stilettos, fishnet stockings.

"D'oh Brains! I know her that's just . . oh . . what's her name again . . oh yeah it's . . . . . . it's . . . . .

Just then Drumbeat-trish faints . . slightly (not enough so as to put her out of the story mind you) , ,she collapses on the floor from blood loss "Is there a doctor in the house some one screams??" Brains calmly stands up . . adjusts his cufflink and says "Stand back . . .I'm an aromatherapist . . ."
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 05:37 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada
...Paintergirl watches the talented CrumbedBrains bring Trish back from her faint with artificial-aromatherapy-respiration ...

She spots Rose and Animal and Axl and grins " ...Hiya Animal! Hi Axl! Hi Rose!... How was the flight in on the zeppelin?"

She hands a bottomless martini to Rose and looks down at Axl's little dragon..."Awwww, he's so cute!" Paintergirl scratches the little dragon under the chin - but it belches just as it starts to 'purr', scorching her finger...

~..ouch!..~

...but happily, paintergirl is high off the scent of CrumbedBrains aftershave, so she appears to be feeling no pain. (LOL)

Captain Coolray becomes suspiscious... missing guests, Trish passing out ...a STRANGER lurking around the perimeter of the ship...hmmmmmmmmmm....

Last edited by paintergirl : 09-04-2002 at 05:47 PM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:01 PM
A Local Legend
Where the Osprey soars free.

Hails from Canada
Animal says Hello to PainterGirl, and invites her into the dining room. As they arrive, they see Brains looking at one of his fingers, seems as though anastasia, decided to take a chomp at his finger. Animal lifts out Paintergirls seat and sits her down. He then walks to where his table is.
As he is about to sit down he notices an envelope, addressed to Mr. Animal. He looks around the room and opens the letter. It says, Mr Animal,You are cordially invited, to the ballroom, meet me at MIDNIGHT! A secret admirer??? for Me Animal finishes supper, and then asks Brains, where all the guests are? At 11:30 animal finishes up getting ready and heads out of his quarters, quietly,trying to not wake up any guests. He enters the ballroom....

All artwork and photos posted are copyrighted, please do not copy or use in any way without my permission. Thank You
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:07 PM
Lord of the Arts
Depends on the Day!

Hails from United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast
The supposed-to-be-silent Stranger rears his head from attaching his new hand. He senses someone nearby has just insulted his fine craft. There'll be a reckoning, he vows, as he returns to his work. The new hand, slick with ointment, has again squirted off the end of his stump and landed in the scuppers! Arrggh!
Slipping off air-tank, I gently ease myself aboard the mysterious craft. Armed and dangerous, I proceed to strip down to wetsuit, ready to surprise the lurking, jib-less, digit-less, stump ridden ointment covered stranger. Unzipping my wet suit to reveal my secret weapon, ready for use............................... A Dagger....................................(what was you thinking?)
Im thinking I should of demanded more money from that Captian Coolray........
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooklahoma

Hails from Australia
Just before Paintergirl was invited to the ballroom by Animal,,,,,,,,Paintergirl, Capt Coolray and Madam Chooky peer in the direction of HIM...THE STRANGER.

"Hmpphhh. Just because it's his birthday you think that gives him a right to doss dismembered digits in the direction of a delectable divorcee!!"

Madam Chooky thrusts forward her hand just as the shirtless, but with tie waiter sashays past with a frozen strawberry margarita laden sterling silver tray. She downs the first and places her hand gently on the bronzed unic’s shoulder allowing her enough time to belch heartily and retrieve another drink from his tray. She turns to Paintergirl and says:

“Get out your trusty dictionary for me dahlink and check on the spelling of unic, will you? Tank you dahlink!”

What they don't see is the mysterious stranger with the airtank slithering aboard that little toy boat lurking in the darkness.

Colleen Brown Fine Art
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
A sharp pain suddenly awaked me “Hey did you here that?”
“What “ I yelled, glaring at Rodger, I was enjoying my dream escaping from the reality of our current situation, it had been 3 weeks since our ship crashed on this god forsaken planet.
“Over there “ he pointed to the east “a ship”
Slowly I stood up reaching for the scope thinking maybe our days on this makeshift raft are over.
“quick grab the flare gun”

These days when playing Sport I have to think to myself
“Age and treachery will over come youth and enthusiasm”
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:54 PM
A Local Legend
London, Ontario

Hails from Canada
After appologizing paintergirl for her dragon's actions in regards to her burnt finger, she leaves animal and her to go into the dining room. Having already gone exploring into the dining room and getting something to eat beforehand, she thought she'd go off and spend a moment by herself gazing the stars. So scooping Anastasia up into her arms with a tap on her nose for bad behaviour, she meandered across the deck. Helping keep her balance she grabbed onto the rigging and pulled herself up onto the railing and looked up at the stars, then wish she had taken up sailing years before to enjoy more moments such as this.

Her attention was grabbed as she saw the firey glow of a flair pass through her feild of vision. SHe looked out into the waves to see a small raft and ran back down deck to the crowds of people yelling "Quick! Everyone! There's someone out there!"

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 07:04 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada
as Animal waits and waits and nobody appears, animal leaves the ball room and heads back to the dining room...

All artwork and photos posted are copyrighted, please do not copy or use in any way without my permission. Thank You
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Looking through the scope I could see movement along her decks, had they seen the flare
Suddenly her bow was facing our direction.

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 07:30 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada
Animal hears Axl calling out, as he sounds the alarm. Brains,PainterGirl, Captain Coolray, come running as fast as they can, and they send out a rope and a ladder, as they rescue the people on the raft. Animal then meets up with Rose. Animal secretly has a water gun hidden so he can get Rose back for her earlier tricks. He squirts Rose, but the water gets blocked by Captain Coolray, as he is walking by. Animal finds Anastasia in the entertainment room playing a dragon video game, while Axl is frantically searching for her after she lost her on the deck.

#42   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 07:43 PM
Pincourt, Quebec

Hails from Canada
The fact that the Stranger was now somehow on a katamaran had not escaped him. We must already be in the Improbability Zone of Never Never Land, mused he ...

What was that!? He thought he'd heard something above decks; perhaps the slither of rubber on wet flesh? Listen ...

Nope, guess not. Back to my wicked thoughts then ...

Wait a minute! There is someone up there. His new hand fairly secured, and ointment free, he eased himself up the gangway and poked his head above decks ...
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 07:48 PM

Hails from Canada
"Captain Coolray...there...there is people on that raft!!!" Paintergirl hollers above the din...Bronzed Captain Coolray dashes to the rails with his binoculars (a little damp now from a dousing by Animal that was intended for Rose...)

CrumbedBrains radios the coastguard over his gold cuff-link, while Rose and TeAnne macrame a rope (made from a generous donation of Chooky's Versace silk scarves) to hoist the two cast-aways aboard...

As they go to toss the silk rope in, they realize Anastasia the dragon has escaped Animal's arms, and she has attached her teeth to the end of the rope , TeAnne calls out for Axl who detaches Anastasia ... and the rope is lowered...

Paintergirl spies Redsy333 slip over the side...in a wetsuit??? She could have sworn mere minutes ago Redsy was attired in something else... Is redsy333 going to surprise the lurking, jib-less, digit-less, stump ridden ointment covered stranger.

Amidst all this din...wait a minute... where is the STRANGER on the small-skiff-with-the-blackened-sails-and-dull-fittings-with-rags????

Last edited by paintergirl : 09-04-2002 at 07:51 PM.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
“Rodger wait here” I commanded “if you don’t hear from me in one hour use the whomy and blow it”
cautiously I climbed the rope, mmmm I could smell the sent of food

dewyrgfcbbq jwrcqeqcc jgwrtgvqwc what sort of gibberish was that?
Wevtokkv oocv; kokek kkeclll Dam where's that universal translator when you need it, still hand over hand I climbed, reaching forward fingers digging into the deck a hand grabs my wrist “gfyas je opkkhv opekr “ looking confused I replied “Gidday I’m MarkL “
Looks of horror and astonishment swept across their faces

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2002, 08:50 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
TeAnne see a flair in the sky and thinks Capt CoolRay has set off a skyshow. Where is Crumbles, she needs a ciggy, she lied cos she was trying to quit. Suddenly her head is spinning she sees animal thru' blurry eyes eating again.TeAnne has just passed out. Who spiked her drinks? Was it Chooky? Maybe the STRANGER