WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Casein, Gouache, and Egg Tempera
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 AM
olgadabrowska

Re: Favorite supports for egg tempera

I recently started using egg tempera (Daler Rowney brand) as underpainting for oils and for this I use Ampersand panels - pastelbord and claybord. They are absorbent and smooth (well, pastelbord more toothy but still great surface).
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Austin, TX

Hails from United States

My husband (an artist and art educator) is going to try egg tempera. We have chickens, and I'd like to see him create the tempera paint.. but we have never done it before! Following this thread.
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-14-2015, 07:15 AM

Everyone wants to play! There are forums and threads on this huge web site which will help you with the technicalities of posting and adding photos. If you google jpg and other formats you will get simple information how to convert the tiff files. Generally people do not like to discuss items 'off the thread'
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Maine

Hails from United States

I use masonite panels that I prepare myself. I size the panel with rabbit skin glue and then apply three layers powdered limestone mixed with the size. I've found that it is very important to size and prime both sides of the panel to prevent warping.
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Arizona

Hails from United States

I kind have taken an unconventional approach to this. I have spend the past few years experimenting and refining my system of recycling classroom paper from a local school. It allows me to have a textured surface which I'm able to manipulate to my liking. It also gives me a somewhat absorbent surface which helps me to achieve certain effects that I use in conjunction with the texture. I'm not sure if that makes much sense.