WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast
USA, NJ

Hails from United States
Post Project Discussion: WC! Tsunami Aid Art Project

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: WC! Tsunami Aid Art Project
Project Leader: keustice
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: 16
Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:

Hi everyone,

Ron and I are excited to bring you this announcement. The project to benefit the victims of the tsunami is here. All funds from this project will benefit the victims of the tsunami in South Asia and East Africa.

The scale of this tragedy and the need for disaster relief has been described as “unprecedented” by aid workers. With hundreds of thousands dead and millions homeless, many in the WC community feel compelled to reach out.

We all hope for widespread participation by the global WC community in this project.

Let me first thank Ron for agreeing to serve as project leader and thank the many volunteers who participated in the discussion on the direction of the project. Please direct questions regarding this project to project leader: WC member Ron van den Boogaard

A lot of thought has been put into everyone’s concerns and we have come up with a great project, which will keep things simple and focused on art and our desire to help. I will outline it below.

---PROJECT DETAILS---
The main goal is to make everyone’s artwork available in the same place and have the WC community behind the project, as well as to keep things simple given the large number of people who have expressed interest. For simplicity and based on the recommendation of Ron and the many volunteers, the art will be made available for sale in a single Art-Agent account (WC’s free sister site) and payments will be collected in the WC paypal account. WetCanvas will then make individual donations to each artist’s charity of choice in their name so they are sent the confirmation/receipt for their donation for tax purposes.

The project will proceed as follows:

1. Join this project and create your original artwork by January 15, 2005. We prefer that all artwork submitted for this project be inspired by the tragic events of the tsunami of December 26, 2004 and its aftermath.

2. Once your artwork is completed, please upload your final images via the project system. You may also upload progress images.

3. To make your piece available for sale to benefit your charity, you will also be asked to complete a web-based questionnaire, which will provide the details necessary for sale and for your charity of choice. The link to the questionnaire will be posted by the end of day on Tuesday. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to your selected charity.

4. Once all artwork is in on January 15, I will then submit a press release and post announcements throughout WC. I am sure many WC members would like to purchase a piece as I know I do. We should then all work on spreading the word to our families and friends. I will also engage in search engine marketing strategies to promote the artwork for sale.

5. As each piece is sold, I will inform the artist where to ship and make the donation in the name of the artist to the charity named by the artist and provide confirmation.

6. The artist should then ship the piece to the customer and provide a tracking number.

7. I will create a page to keep a running tally of the pieces sold to benefit tsunami victims.

8. The artwork will be available for sale until February 28, 2005.

---RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ARTIST---
The artist will be responsible for submitting the piece to the art project system, submitting the questionnaire with details on the piece, and shipping the piece once it’s sold. The artist will be responsible for paying for shipping. Please note there is a possibility that your piece may have to be shipped internationally.

I hope such a simple setup with WC fully behind it, the project will enjoy universal support among members, and keep the focus on the victims of the tragedy and the artwork generated. With this project we can allow each artist to select the charity that they would like to donate to, something that many WC members feel strongly about.

And remember, our contribution is not just in the sales, it will also be in the art created. If we do what we do best (create art), we will be sending a powerful symbol of support that the artistic community wants to help.

Let’s get this project underway!!!

Sincerely,
Kerri

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get \"pushed down\" by a swarm of project-related threads.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CAFE MODERATORS

If you work from photos or any other existing images, please make sure that you have the copyright for the images you are working from.

Basing a work from a newsource photograph or any other image you do not own the copyright for makes your art unavailable for sale in the project and defeats the purpose of the project.

Please do not incur legal liability for yourself or spend time only to have your work pulled from the project. If you work from photos or other images, only use photos that you have taken or images that you own the copyright for.

Last edited by DanaT : 01-04-2005 at 08:05 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 06:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Comment on final entry by: TeAnne

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/...entry_id=43307

WOW the first ever project in the Cafe.
Here is mine.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 07:43 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada
Re: Project Discussion: WC! Tsunami Aid Art Project

Your painting is waaaay kewl, TeAnne... whimiscal and spiritual at the same time! I love it!

Kerri... I've shipped paintings Internationally, and the cost really isn't prohibitive at all... I think a tube was around $5 or $6 CAD...

Ron... you are to be commended for volunteering to lead such a memorable and important Project...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 07:47 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
Your painting is waaaay kewl, TeAnne... whimiscal and spiritual at the same time! I love it!...

Thank you CharM.... My heart, soul & tears went into this one.

PS. Here is a Happy Accident Angel
Attached Images

Last edited by TeAnne : 12-31-2004 at 07:56 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
A Local Legend
Saint George Island, FL & Stafford Springs, CT

Hails from United States

Oh TeAnee! I love this and can't wait to bid on it! It would be perfect in my home and the significance is wonderful! And then beyond that I hope to be outbid many times over!

pat

A great exercise for the heart is to reach down and lift someone up.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 08:09 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by toozygoot
Oh TeAnee! I love this and can't wait to bid on it! It would be perfect in my home and the significance is wonderful! And then beyond that I hope to be outbid many times over!

pat
Thank you Pat Good luck when the time comes.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 08:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Super painting TeAnne..
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:32 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudesan
Super painting TeAnne..
Hi Judy Thanks. Good talking to you the other day
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAnne
Hi Judy Thanks. Good talking to you the other day

You too, pity interstate phonecalls are not cheap aye, still we have email..

Hugs..
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

Could someone please clarify the statement below.....

"Join this project and create your original artwork by January 15, 2005. We prefer that all artwork submitted for this project be inspired by the tragic events of the tsunami of December 26, 2004 and its aftermath."

I have two pieces of artwork that I want to offer, BUT they were not inspired by the disaster. Does this mean that you prefer not to have them?.

Gaka
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-31-2004, 11:06 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Rust Belt

Hails from United Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaka
Could someone please clarify the statement below.....

"Join this project and create your original artwork by January 15, 2005. We prefer that all artwork submitted for this project be inspired by the tragic events of the tsunami of December 26, 2004 and its aftermath."

I have two pieces of artwork that I want to offer, BUT they were not inspired by the disaster. Does this mean that you prefer not to have them?.

Gaka

I can't interpret the statement but as a member of the volunteer committee, I'm going to risk saying that if you are inspired to offer your work, I believe it will be graciously accepted.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2005, 12:09 AM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia

I saw the work that Gaka wants to offer and they are gorgeous and full of life. I feel an artist is being true to the cause just by submitting.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2005, 12:18 AM
A Local Legend
New York, USA

Hails from United States
Comment on final entry by: blondheim12

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/...entry_id=43311

Cool Linda. I know the lucky person to bid on this and win will be thrilled!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2005, 12:20 AM
A Local Legend
New York, USA

Hails from United States
Comment on final entry by: TeAnne

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/...entry_id=43307

Lovely beachbabes, Te. This will look good on someone's wall!
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2005, 12:41 AM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia
Comment on final entry by: blondheim12

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/...entry_id=43311

Way to go girl

Thanks Dana