WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast
Lookout Mountain, GA

Hails from United States
Metallic Works

Both are 9in by 11in. Using metallic materials. Thanks for looking and comments and critiques welcomed. Inspired by shape and few lines... and metals... and the same image at different times of day. Soildering on...

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-26-2019, 08:54 AM
WC! Guide
Loony Toonsville

Hails from United States
Re: Metallic Works

I like the warm tones and the movement of the top piece. Did the substrate warp at all, or are those just light reflections?
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Love your metallic pieces, Ted, so shiny and contemporary! Are they on paper?
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Immortalized

Nice works

laf-art.com | Prints | FB
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2019, 04:04 AM

Haven't come across anything yet that don't warp in some way or other the aluminium boards are touted not to but poss all sales hype. Anyhoo ..like the negative spaces ..interesting muscle memory who knows where it comes from? Rounded soft shapes and squares. You are interested in the lines and shapes ..why is that? and at different times of day ? is it due to the change in light reflecting of the metallic medium? Was it executed quickly? was it a rendition of an object? Sorry for all the questions is just I am appreciating the enthusiasm and joy taken and executed in your work and curious to know the motivating factor.. I am no expert critic ..the only thing I would say is research something that don't warp is paper reacting to medium ..medium is poss waterbased ..only reason I say that is that the light hits the raised spots perhaps in a way you had not wanted? Also explore the negative spaces produced by these geometric shapes (these shapes are the natural building blocks of any artist) but it gets even more exciting delving into the negative spaces ..even turning your work upside down and drawing on that for further inspiration(which I doubt you need) and even drawing/painting upside down when looking at your chosen subject matter to paint draw etc..( not unheard of for artists to hang upside down when painting or turning a piece upside down when copying it..reason I say this is because the brain when looking at or viewing and trying to paint or draw something from a reversed position makes the brain confused and it can no longer rely on the ordinary cues and signs to produce something in a way that is logical or well it is like throwing away the rule book and brain forced to acess and produce form it's creative side it realy opens up a whole new world artistically speaking..but that is just something I am personly looking into is just a suggestion :/

It is interesting actually that when we express ourselves creatively producing art in this way and not for example non creatively( with left side of our brain if you like) that we are able to naturally easily access the talent to produce perfect geometric shapes..like the way you work

Last edited by tidal : 09-10-2019 at 04:30 AM.