WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2019, 06:36 AM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The Goalpost - September 2019

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Yet again, mine hasn't changed much...aim to attend two pastel workshops with Vic Bearcroft!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Hails from England
Re: The Goalpost - September 2019

Oh...and I did do a picture, not great, of 3 giraffes in pastel.

Bit tangled eh?
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2019, 01:20 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Your Mojo is returning! Plus, I hear you've experienced some heat waves. That can halt creativity. I hope to get back to a painting of a hydrangea. I did paint one for a small image show and enjoyed playing with the pink, blues and violets so much, I want to do a larger painting.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Hails from England

I did the workshop today...luckily it's cooler now. Enjoyed it very much..but need more practice!!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Canandaigua, NY

Hails from United States

Deirdre - the workshop looked great; I've only found one class so far in my new area, but I'm still looking. I finished my Van Gogh book; it was amazing, such a tragic life. This month I'm reading Norman Rockwell's autobiography (My Life as an Illustrator; I think it was 2 or 3 bucks at the library sale). I hope to launch my new website on WIX by the end of the week, and I'm going to try to commit to some plein air painting, at least every other week until the snow begins to accumulate (another eight or ten weeks for the Finger Lakes)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Hails from England

Great goals Neil! I not only did the pastel workshops(did another today) but also a monthly art club where we experiment with other medium! These are acrylic and Brusho...

It was fun to do, but it made me realise...I'm a pastel kind of girl...ok..getting on a bit, can't really say girl!!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 03:47 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

It's nice to cross over to another medium and these are beautiful. Why do we always return to pastels??? Neil, are there adult ed classes in your town? That is where I began and crossed paths with an art teacher who used pastels. It took a while to convince me to put down the brushes and pick up the sticks.

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Canandaigua, NY

Hails from United States

Karen, there are actually several classes, but none being offered in pastel this fall; I've done drawing and figure drawing a few times, and I still want all the pastel training I can get, as I have no formal art training at all. On the plus side, my website is now live, and I found out Friday that I had a piece selected for the Pastel Society of New Hampshire show, so I'm making progress!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2019, 07:17 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Congratulations, Neil! A pat on the back is always welcome news and pushes us to continue!

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 05:40 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Well done goalies with the pastels. I like them as well, especially the airy sky scenes.
Apologies, I'm late on parade this month. We had a family member come to see us. Also after that a sibling's demise after a very short illness.
I've done so little on the art front and tomorrow we go looking for a chair so that the memsahib can sit more comfortably. Oh what a rush - I'd be better off working .
A goal for this month is to cut the grass in the back garden (pocket handkerchief) and find the pointer to go with the metal detector .
Jim
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 08:42 PM
san diego, ca

Hails from United States

Jim, I'm sorry for your loss. How sad.

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 PM

Thank you Karen, it was cancer of some sort. She did not linger and was in no pain. I made a mad dash to the West Country where she lives as soon as I heard. It was an emotional time but well worth the trip. Luckily I could stop with another sister near her.
It's a bit difficult to concentrate on anything ATM.
Jim.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2019, 02:37 PM

Today is the last day of the month - September. I have done no goals, just shopping (made difficult by the supermarket having a make-over. Couldn't find what I wanted without hunting for it. Some things I had to go to another shop for.
Perhaps I can do better next month .
Jim.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Hails from England

Jim, so sorry to hear about you loss... words can't do much but a hug is always comforting.
I'm still trying to get my mojo in gear, aside from monthly classes and workshops...I've joined a weekly club of artists and would be artists...all supporting each other...been twice so far and feel at home.
Weight still a problem...but I've decided at long last to get a puppy! That should be good for exercise at least!!! I'm picking her up on Sunday, when she's 8 weeks old. Photo's soon!
Should say...mine is Chocolate! I'm calling her Megan...Had to - with a cat named Harry!

Last edited by *Deirdre* : 09-30-2019 at 05:17 PM.