Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

From a pixabay reference, 16.5×24, oils. C+c welcome.

Christel

Triduana

Lovely painting, really like the synchronised flying. Lovely light/dark on the feathers. Is that an egret in the background too? They aren’t Canada geese though, I think these are greylag geese. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Thanks Kay. Thanks for pointing out the type of geese. Yes a real SA egret.

Christel

water girl

Wonderful! I can almost hear their calls.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

libra

like all the detail you have achieved in this. I too noticed the white bird on far shore.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
                fedetony

awesome… great effect in the water :)

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Thanks Karen, Joan and Federico. The 3rd bird was added to have an uneven number of subjects.

Christel

Nicely painted Christel. I like the background grasses too.

Chammi
                    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

fedetony

uneven number?
                        why would you like to have odd numbers???? interesting :), you just lighten my curiosity :)

Federico Garcia
                        My Blog

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

George Sonner

Nice painting!

I like it Christel. The wing shapes are lovely.

Tiago – in flower arranging and gardening, etc, multiples of odd numbers are said to make for a more pleasing display. Perhaps Christel had this in mind – or th three points of a triangle, to draw the eye.

Penny
                            I live in Wiltshire, England
                            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

A beautiful wildlife scene!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

fedetony

I like it Christel. The wing shapes are lovely.

Tiago – in flower arranging and gardening, etc, multiples of odd numbers are said to make for a more pleasing display. Perhaps Christel had this in mind – or th three points of a triangle, to draw the eye.

Thank you Will Rogers for your response :D:D:D…
                                but wait, would it be not more pleasing if instead of focusing in odd numbers it followed the golden ratio?…i.e. Fibonacci sequence 1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34…etc
                                see, there are also some even numbers ;)..
                                Also 6 is an even number, multiple of an odd number 3×2=6 ;):lol: :)
                                Anyway, I’m still curious about Christel’s motives :)

Federico Garcia
                                My Blog

Thanks Chammi, George, Penny, Kay!
                                My original reference has a brown background. I changed it with one of my own. In the background in the water you can see the head of a cormorant as well. I left it out as 4 subjects seemed to me to be getting crowded/busy. The egret was pleasing to the eye, broke up the expanse of reeds and formed a triangle. Imagine the painting without the egret. Ok, as Penny suggested, I guess I had the floral arrangements in mind too.

Christel

Great painting Christel! And I like the white bird in the background. Those geese have a very determined look on their faces! They are thinking “I’ll get where Im going and no-one will get in my way!” Love it Christel, beautiful!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.