Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Same person, different poses…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

…of my daughter. Both oil on canvas 90cm x 60cm (35 x 24 inches)
    Fingers crossed- they are entered in a local art prize that opens next week.

I think she is such a patient model for me- I realise how many paintings that she has sat for. (I think it’s about 6 in progress at the moment!)

bethany
    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
    website www.bethanyart.com
    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Great!:)

Exceptional!

Mark

Women and cats do as they please. Men and dogs may as well relax to it.
    Robert A. Heinlein

123harry

Terrific portraits! Very lifelike and immediate. If pushed i would pick the first but both are excellent.

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

HalVik

Very good paintings, and good idea to paint the same subject in different poses. The strong directional light gives dramatic mood.

carolkay

Wow – Beth- yr getting so good ! I knew it was yr daughter as soon as I. Saw it!
                Their both winners – it I really love the gentle gesture of the first !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success

Thanks for the positive comment, Connie!

Thank you, Mark! So kind.

Thanks, Harry– I was attempting to show different moods- and they are close to life-sized which I like.

Hal, I have been exploring the single light-source and dark background in portraits for a while.

Glad you saw something of interest here, Carol!
                I will find out next week if they are accepted into the art prize. Hope so!

bethany
                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Wassie
                    WoodyWelch

I think BOTH are very well done, and if pushed, I’d say I prefer the second one….I like the way you were able to do the folded arms. :wave: :heart:

Michaelmcg

Superb work, Bethany.

Michael

Thanks, Wassie!

I appreciate the kind words, Woody!

Thanks so much, Michael!

bethany

IndianaKate

Very nice! Best of luck for the show!

Kate

kentiessen

Terrific paintings Bethany! I’m especially attracted to the first- it’s very warm and elegant.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                                    Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

123harry

Keep us posted on the compeition, Bethany. Best of luck with it. Even top class work needs luck in these events!

C&C always welcome.
                                        Instagram harry.hamill

Thanks, Kate! Fingers crossed!

Thank you for the positive thoughts, Ken! (I will pass on the compliment to my daughter, too)
                                        I see I need to take better photos- these are very quick shots that show the glare.

I will let you know, Harry– I have not had too much luck recently, but I remain hopeful and keep on painting!

bethany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.