Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Sunday 5th May 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, a cloudless sky out there.

Nothing special planned for today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

rossmarie

Good morning Doug and all to follow.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes on my 80th Birthday yesterday. I had a super day and lunch with the family.

Mike

shipbroker

Dull and grey,see if we get more hail ?

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

shadye1

Good morning, another holiday weekend, I will ask my MP Rheese Mogg to get pensioners “holiday money” or I for one will not be able to keep up with all these holidays.
                Surfing the interweb I came across this, whilst looking for Pieter Bruegel the Elder’s Mysterious Peasant Paintings –
                https://www.getty.edu/conservation/publications_resources/pdf_publications/pdf/historical_paintings.pdf
                It may be of interest (or not) to someone.

Good morning Mike, Rod. I can’t get used to sunny Bank Holidays, surely rain can’t be far behind.

Doug

Que Sera

Morning everyone. All these Bank holidays seem to be running together – we’ve another at the end of the month.

Cloudy and cold here. Off to church shortly. I’m going to do some more drawing this afternoon, and tidy up before the family comes to lunch tomorrow and untidies it all again.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Tracy2000

Morning all from London. Grueling travel scenario. Definitely the older I get, the harder modern travel is. I arrived Sat morning about 9 and got to the hotel around 1130. Rest of the day I was a zombie. Just trying to stay awake until 6pm when I finally let myself close my eyes….slept nearly 13 hours with a few “breaks”. My knees were killing me on the flight and are still sore today.

TONS of construction in this part of the city including right out the window of my first room. They moved me and now my room faces Minories street. Work won’t pay for a genuine view, but this is better than before…I can see the top of the Gherkin and it doesn’t feel like I’ve been put in timeout (last year I looked into an ugly alley). Also some new restaurants right here which is WONDERFUL for me including a Mayfair Chippy right across the street and Slug and Lettuce (pub that caters to women? LOTS of groups of women yesterday) next door. I had “dinner” about 4pm at the s&l yesterday. Food is decent….not great and I know microwaved frozen veggies when I eat them, but its WAY better than the Subway that was my main grub spot last year.

My boss is meeting me for dinner tonight and Chartwell is on for tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is more stable. Over the course of my dinner last night we had sun, rain, sun, rain, hail, then sun lol. I’m getting my stuff together and headed down to the Tower I think.

I really wanted to go to Jacksons, but the transportation there looks daunting (aka expensive). I’ve been trying to figure out the buses and oyster card thing and am feeling a bit overwhelmed (prob just tired still). Good news though! My sacrifice of giving up yesterday (by staying awake even though I couldn’t even unpack for the exhaustion) has paid off with me feeling pretty much on London time.

Oh dear….a very gray cloud has moved into view! Better wear my trench coat and take the umbrella (yes Doug! I remembered to pack one lol). I could actually be content to sit and sketch or read today too…..

~Tracy
                        "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hi QS, yes, clouds moving in here too.

Hi Tracy, enjoy your stay.

Doug

:wave: Good evening lovely people! :heart:

Church at midday, then off to Myers to buy my Pressue Cooker. I bought the one in the photo I posted yesterday was it.
                        I did a live on the Instapot group unpacking it, and have some helpful advice. Tomorrow I will cook something in it.

Everyone seems cheerful today :) Glad you have arrived safely in London Tracy.

The one that prompted me was a £500 cheque for the return of Ruth’s old car in good condition. I didn’t realise that cheques expire after 6 months :eek:

Doug

Contact them and ask them to issue a new cheque :)

Love and hugs to everyone.. :heart:

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

shipbroker

Total cloud here. Tracy, my old ‘City’ office was in St.Helen’s Place otherwise known as Leathersellers Hall….The Gherkin was built in St.Mary Axe just behind those offices but after I had left for the West End…..If you are near Minories you could do Petticoat Lane Market on Sunday mornings…

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Good day all,

A beautiful day of sun and warmth for today.

Tracy, get some good photos of some of old London for us. Enjoy the day.

I’ll definitely be outside today working on the strawberry bed, which is taking a lot of time.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

Evening all.

Tired out Tracy :thumbsup: you have arrived in good shape.

A quiet day today again. Roger is making a wooden box for one of his students who got 100% in a recent exam. This is his third after promising that any student who get the ton, gets a box. Fierce competition and enhanced learning follows.

Coolish this morning but heated up to a lovely day, although shortish. Thus the turn of the seasons …

:wave:

Annie
                                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                                    Steven Wright
                                    My Flickr Site

:wave: everyone,
                                    It’s going to be partly sunny, partly rain, with a chance of thunderstorms and a high of 16.

Yesterday I got a start on clearing last years growth from the garden and piling up pruned branches ready for Brian to take away. We could only work about an hour though before we were overheating and had to stop. It was 14 (57 F) and sunny. It was nice to go out in t-shirts again. The snow is dropping quickly and the crocuses are up. :clap:

Today I’ll be at the cottage with my son all day working on the mural. It would be so good to finish today. Just the foreground to do but it’s still an area about 2 – 3 ft high and 8 ft wide.

Brian said there was a Robin in the yard this morning. The Swallows usually come back next weekend and that’s when I know it’s spring.

Doug – are you able to deposit your cheque’s with online banking? I do it all the time and it saves a trip to the bank.

Tracy – enjoy your day.

I better get dressed and eat ready to go. Have a great day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

I managed to pay in three of my cheques including the £500 cheque Ruth received on Friday. The lost cheque was from 2017 and was only £3.20/$4.

Doug

Uschi

Good Morning!!

:clap: :clap: Finally a beautiful Spring Day!! Sunny and a high of 19C.

Laundry and a check on the garden that was too soggy to walk on for days on end. I’ll finally spread the grass fertilizer.

Since my DIL and her mother went on a Wine Tasting Weekend for her mother’s 70th birthday that happened a few weeks ago my granddaughter Ava decided she would make dinner for her father and me.

She is vegetarian now and prepared a lovely salad plate. Was very enjoyable. She is 12:)

JJ enjoy your pot!!

Tracy, wishing you a wonderful day.

Kay, I saw your post:thumbsup:

Darla, :crossfingers: that Justin’s practice race goes well.

Rod, that artist had a lot to say:)

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and I wish you all a really good day!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.