Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Ole Frank (WIP)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rickycorbett

Hi Everyone, it’s been a long long time! I missed it here, though I’ve been away, I thought I’d share my latest drawing – just in time for Halloween.

This will make more sense once I finish the face and add the dark background. I know his jaw line looks funny, i’m working on it, near his ear, the jaw line blends in with his neck due to the shadow, I’m working on it still :D

More to come soon!

`Ricky

rickycorbett

Here is an update on my latest drawing. I’m starting to work on his neck and I have one bolt on complete. This is 9 x 12 pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.

For pencils, I am using Pentel P205 mechanical pencils with 2B and 4B leads. I am not using any blending tools. I am using sort of a circulism type technique by making tiny tiny overlapping circular motions.

More to come soon!!!

`Ricky :)

Hi Ricky .. I was wondering about you. Off to a good start here. You can get away with a lot of leeway on this …

rickycorbett

Thanks Ken!! I missed your feedback, tips, and suggestions. I’m looking forward to getting more with this piece.

Here is an update, I’m using Pentel P205 mechanical pencils with 2B and 4B leads. I’m not using any blending tools. I’m trying to use a circulism type technique by making tiny tiny overlapping circular motions. I will be going a bit darker in some areas on the face, now that I’m adding a dark background, I see where I need to go a bit darker. Alway making tweets and adjustments as I go along. More to come soon.

Please, tips, techniques, critiques, suggestions, and feedback are always welcomed.

Thanks
                -Ricky

rickycorbett

Here is an update on my good buddy Frankie…I’m moving right along and I’ll be finishing up his face over the next few evenings.

For pencils, I’m using Pentel P205 mechanical pencils with 2B and 4B lead. No blending tools are being used. I’m using a sort of circulism technique by making tiny tiny overlapping circular motions.

My goal is the really focus on the emotion, of the creature, of myself. I have always believed that the creature was seeking acceptance, seeking friendship, seeking love. I have always felt a sense of longing. This is my interpretation of the “human” side of the creature. The side that is “Longing for Love” 9 x 12 pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. More to come soon!!!

rickycorbett

Here is an update on my drawing. I’m using Pentel P205 mechanical pencils with 2B and 4B leads. Moving right a long on this one. More to come soon!!

-Ricky

rickycorbett

“Longing for Love” 9 x 12 pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.

This is a portrait that goes beyond my love of classic movies, it goes beyond my passion for drawing. This is a drawing that I wanted to really capture emotion. Why did I choose the Frankenstein creature to do that? I have always related to the creature, especially the Boris Karloff 1931 adaptation. I feel the pain, the need for a friend, the need to be accepted. It’s all too real for many. This portrait represents the pain and raw emotions we all feel at time, but as the sun shines upon the creature’s face, there is hope……

-Ricky :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.