Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Delo’s Oil Paintings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Delofasht

Going to keep one thread for my oil paintings like I have seen a few other posters doing. Work in progress shots and finished efforts will appear in this thread from time to time, feel free to reference a thread number when commenting on a given painting. Thanks for looking!

Doctor Strange
        Crop from finished painting, full painting is 9×15 inches, Art Treehouse oil colours over another painting on Ampersand Pastelbord.

- Delo Delofasht
        Delofasht

Gilly – Portrait of a great dog
            Work in Progress
            9 x 13 Inches
            Art Treehouse Oil Colours
            on Casein Gessoed Stonehenge Paper

- Delo Delofasht
            ntl

Great start on the dog!

Dcam
                    Delofasht

Streets of Venice
                        9 x 5 Inches
                        Art Treehouse and M Graham Oils
                        on Gesso Primed Maple Plywood

- Delo Delofasht
                        Delofasht

Thanks Derek, Cumberbatch did a great job portraying Doctor Strange as well. Good blend of ego and humility eventually, mixed with that mysterious air of someone who isn’t explaining things to people with words but very often just by doing things.

Thanks ntl, the pooch is coming along nicely, actually have done a bit more on him since I posted this but can’t get a good photo at the moment.

- Delo Delofasht
                            slasher

Good job on these, Delo! I especially like the street

equinespirit

The Venice street is wonderful !

Very nice work Delo! :thumbsup:

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                                    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

ronsu18

haven’t seen the street view before, very good. light feels just right and the stone walls breath out cool.

C&C welcome

Delofasht

Rihard and Jess: Thanks! Hopefully this thread will let me easily see what all I have gotten done over the years. Noticed how useful it was to track one’s own growth and work from year to year recently.

Sarah and ronsu: Appreciate it, the Venice street has been really enjoyable to do. I actually recorded the early block in stage of it and posted it to my YouTube awhile back. Since that time I took it even further than what I had finished at the end of that 3 hour day study day (but only an hour or two more, just refining edges and defining some things). Still a work in progress though, going to put a few hours in here or there to take it further.

- Delo Delofasht
                                            AnnieA

Great job on all of these, Delo! I especially like the two portraits, both human and canine, as both have a wonderful immediacy to them.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                [FONT=Palatino]
                                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Delofasht

Thanks Annie! Still working on the dog and the street of Venice. They are coming along though, little touches here and there pushing them further along.

- Delo Delofasht
                                                    Dcam
                                                        Delofasht

Portrait studies:

Camera phone pictures, poor lighting situation, will probably scan them in at a later point. #4 is still wet on my easel right now (it’s in my sketchbook). #2 is a particularly poor blurry photo and is actually due for another layer building up some details, but too tired to get a better picture. . . a bit past my bed time (like 3 hours past :lol: ).

Most of these took 5 hours or less, except #3 which took a bit longer because I wasn’t used to the surface. They were just studies, but I learned enough from them to feel comfortable doing a bigger one, and it turned out quite well I think. Perhaps I shall start recording these things in action and post the videos of them from now on.

- Delo Delofasht
                                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.