Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Saturday 8th June 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Good morning all from rainy West Lancashire.

I played snooker yesterday and my play was terrible.

Amazing mini model Nancy. I had a cheap phone watch but the pogo charging contacts failed. It worked for a while.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

:wave: Good evening all.

Very damp and terribly cold day today.

JJ, I would have converted that pattern to work in the round to avoid making the seam. I am a lazy knitter!

:D I would have if I had had the round needles here! I used to have some, and can’t find them.

Thanks for your comments, the mistakes are glaring, but oh well. First thing I have knitted in around 14 years :D

:grouphug: Lynn, hoping you are feeling some what better today xx

Be back later. 5.00pm time to watch Creek to Coast :)

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

shipbroker

Stopped raining here for moment…heavy mist though.
        More relaxed sleep,still in tranches but feel better for it.
        Shopping perhaps?
        Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

doppler

Good evening all.

A gloomy dark wet evening. Cats are inside in the warmth with full tummies.

JJ knitting was something I completely abandoned when I moved to Queensland. Too warm when knitting. Too warm to wear. Kept the sewing up for a while. May have to restart that. I can make cheap fall apart clothes myself without buying them ready made to fall apart. It would mean I would have to clear out the laundry though, so watch this space ….. if you have nothing else to do. :lol:

Not much happening here. Did the shopping this morning instead of yesterday. Won’t do that again !

:wave:

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

rossmarie

Good morning all

Blurry-eyed and not much sleep. Weather better after pyrotechnics yesterday late evening- sky black as night and lightning flashing around. Garden got a good soaking yesterday. Still hampered by cuts on both feet which are reluctant to heal because I’m on blood thinners. So quiet day with feet up I think watching cricket World Cup – England v. Bangladesh. Should be good and a close one.

Sorry your snooker was so bad Doug – I used to play ….. badly! I think co-ordination of the body gets worse as we age.

Mike

Annie, I don’t mind knitting in winter, with no heaters in my house, it keeps me quite toasty. I might have to find another project now. Maybe a matching scarf, seeing as i still have one unused ball of wool left :lol:

Hey there Mike! Have you thought of using those band aides with Silver in them over your cut feet?

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

Hi JJ, Hi Mike.

Sorry your snooker was so bad Doug – I used to play ….. badly! I think co-ordination of the body gets worse as we age

I think it is a combination of poor eyesight poor stroke.

Doug

Good Morning all,
                It is 5:30 a.m. here in beginning to get light Oakwood, so naturally the birds are singing loudly outside our windows.

Saw some big birds in our veggie garden yesterday. When I went out I saw lots of my newly growing Swiss chard laying dead on the soil. Dang birds! We’ll go out later this morning and plant more seeds and cover the bed like we’ve done in the past trying to keep out the finches who love to eat the Swiss chard leaves. This was a different kind of bird though, not sure what it was. :mad:

Lynn, So sorry you were injured so severely. I hope it starts to hurt less each day.

Tracy, I also have an interrupted sleep like you described yesterday. Fortunately, I can usually go right back to sleep each time I wake during the night. :D

JJ, I learned how to knit many years ago, but didn’t enjoy it so stopped. Your leg warmers look like they’ll do the job and no one is going to notice they aren’t perfect. :lol:

Mike, Hope your cuts on your feet heal even if it takes a while.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

Another sunny day ahead.

Cat fed and petted and coffee made.

My sleep is usually done in three parts.

More work outside today.

Here is the view from my half-bath yesterday afternoon.

Later,
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

Beautiful, Bill

Annie
                        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Lovely Bill.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Your house is in a lovely setting Bill. How about a few shots of your raised beds and orchard?

Doug

Bill

Thank you all. The rhododendrons in bloom make that shot. I have a couple raised beds to place yet and then I’ll have some photos. Gotta clean up the area too.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Lulu

Very tranquil scene Bill. Lovely.
                                    Which half do you bathe in your half bath? 😁

11 pm and bedtime here. I will read for a while then sleep about 7.5 hours. Pretty much guaranteed.😁

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

A good Saturday to all…..our snorkels are working good. We have had nearly 8″ of rain in the last 2 days and 5″ on Wednesday Out in the suburbs east of town, they got 10″ Thursday night alone. A low pressure ridge has been stalled over Memphis since Wednesday and the counter clock wise rotation has been sucking tons of moisture out of the Gulf. According to the weather prognosticators it’s moved slightly SE of us for today and we’ll still get some wrapped around scattered showers, but nothing like Wednesday and Thursday…….the records for creek and river flood levels were being broke all over the place and since everything flows into the Mississippi which is already at high flood levels from everything coming out of the mid-west there’s no place for this amount of rain to go……Places that haven’t flooded in 200 years experienced flash flooding, apartment complexes, car dealer lots, homes…..my BIL’s house that he sold last year had almost 2′ of water in the ground floor and lost part of it’s driveway. It’s a good thing all this climate change stuff is a hoax…..right?

Our house is high and dry (my FFE is almost 34″ above grade) but Thursday morning we woke up to a little more than 3-4″ of water flowing through our back yard, so it’ll be days before anything will get done in the yard for sure.

Lisa is improving, moving about better, just has to be careful how she turns or bends over…..she tends to forget about it and every once in while I’ll hear her scream as she moved the wrong way and her hip lets her know about it….

Bill….what a fantastic view. Looking forward to your photos. Loved the Turkey.

Sharon…. the rose turned out beautifully….great job.

Lynn….you have to be more careful on those steps dear. Glad you weren’t seriously injured.

JJ…form over function or function over form…that’s the unending great debate in Architecture, I think your arm warmers fall into the category….they look lovely to me.

Nancy…. the mini cafe looks fantastic…..

Well….the early dawn is reveling more grey overcast clouds and the cats are bugging me to put the food out so they can get on with their rounds outside…..Greetings to all here and those to come. BBL…need to make a run to Home Depot this morning for a new ceiling fan, ours apparently died during the night.

Be good, do good….
                                    Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.